It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepper reality show????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Last night I'm changing channels and see a prepper reality show. I start to watch it and immediately realize its all BS!!! First the lady is like 300 lbs (yea you'll be able to run from the hordes), and then gets into how she buys tons of food, takes her kids to the guns range, and the biggest piece of BS of the entire thing was when she is outside in the dark with a half semi unloading two palletes of food - mind you, she lives in a freaking RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY!!! She then says that the reason she is having food delivered to her house at night is to remain anonymous and not alert her neighbors or friends about what her and her family are doing, and mentioned OpSec as her reason. I almost blew a gut laughing so hard!!! So she wants to remain anonymous and yet she is on a damn reality show for 100 million people to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha - # if it wasn't so funny it would be sad... plus her kids are shooting 22's. Nothing wrong with that, but the major thing that crossed my mind, is that it does not matter if you can shoot well, you have to have the mental resolution and even disconnect that when it happens you will not hesitate to pull the trigger. The show was a complete mockery...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

I saw the last 45 minutes or so and agree with you,certainly about the kids needing the mental resolution of using guns.But the show may have been good for people who aren't ready for WSHTF, just to give them some basic ideas.And I thought the last guy on the show,had a pretty damn good setup.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSouszay

I saw the last 45 minutes or so and agree with you,certainly about the kids needing the mental resolution of using guns.But the show may have been good for people who aren't ready for WSHTF, just to give them some basic ideas.And I thought the last guy on the show,had a pretty damn good setup.

True to some extent, you NEVER, EVER, want to confine yourself to one area, ESPECIALLY in a populated community (urban environment). I had to laugh my ass of too about them jumping on board the USS Precious Metals ship. When the # goes south, and even long before that, PM's will be worthless and BANNED. No one will care about your PM's as JiT shipping will have completely collapsed. Too many "sheep" these days, for lack of a better word.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That sounds like every "reality" TV show I've ever come across. Minor detail changes, but the same general goal(s).

I've also hear of some of the older reality shows are not "real" at all, and are scripted to best cultivate those precious WTF moments, and there by ratings.. Of course, that's hear say, and I've never looked into it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
That sounds like every "reality" TV show I've ever come across. Minor detail changes, but the same general goal(s).

I've also hear of some of the older reality shows are not "real" at all, and are scripted to best cultivate those precious WTF moments, and there by ratings.. Of course, that's hear say, and I've never looked into it.

Its getting to the point that EVERY freaking show on tv is a "reality" show!! What the hell??? Why should I waste my time watching some douche live their life through the tv? I give up on tv and would rather read a book...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah I'm not gonna be on that ship, I agree with WSHTF precious metals aint gonna be worth jack.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
“Preppers” is the most comical show on television. I was bored and looking for something amusing to watch and found it…Preppers , First of all I am not sure whether the people on the show realize it but people all over the world have just got their name address and location, how much food they have and water and how nice their gun collection is. I sit and watch and will continue to watch ,as its unbelievable what people give their permission to air. This one guy has a stash of guns that would rival any army post and he shows the location of his secret room with all the safes and guns and food and water and his full name and Natgeo takes no time to hide his location .Im thinking ok…this guy looks like he has maybe 50000 dollars in guns and some good eats.I know where im heading to when it hits the fan.All these people that are showing their little ponds and food production doesn’t think that perhaps a neighbor that doesn’t know them as friends but knows who they are might tip off others about”their” stash…lol Its so amusing I will watch the show till it is taken off the air because I was rolling laughing in the floor. The woman that says she will be ok because she has 100 extra pounds and everyone else will die of starvation but she will be ok…Well that is if someone doesn’t eat her lol..I just read a post from a guy in Monroe La that says do you know what an AK 47 can do to a man…Well,first of all you have to have it attached permanently on your side as you take your bath or go to the bathroom or whatever. People that are starving and want what you have don’t care if you have a bazooka. They will find a way to out maneuver you and take what they feel is the spoils of war or in Preppers case,the spoils of the end of the world. I don’t care how many Ak 47′s you have or what you have if you are outnumbered then you are outnumbered. Its hilarious to think that these people think they even have a chance ,first of all letting everyone know who they are and where they are and what they have is a bad idea…Then there was the same woman boasting of having a 100 extra pounds ,saying they had alternative ways of communication like banging out morris code on boxes and walls . Call me stupid but im not going to be banging morris code to someone ill be blasting 12 guage shells through the walls so the bad guys don’t have to wonder what im saying. She also recommended an alternative language. Her choice of language was Tagalog. She gave a small but humorous example of her attempt at speaking it and it was so funny I almost peed in my pants..What? She doesn’t realize that Tagalog is a well used language and there are many Filipino’s all over in every community? I know what her strategy is .Her hope is to make the Filipinos that attack her for her food and maybe her virtue as she puts it ,start laughing so hard that they fall over dead maybe end of story. I suggest she and her hubby learn a dead language like Aramaic or Latin ,not the national language of the Philippines..Tagalog is spoken in more places in the world than Spanish almost. Its just really amazing these people .Im a happy camper laughing and enjoying others showing off their feats of survival ism. I sit here thinking about the fireman in New York city that threw broken glass out into his hallway and wondering what that was all about. Imagine…you are practicing for the day of doom throwing glass out in the hallway and some little barefoot child walks by and cuts his feet up because of your demo..Geez..The guy is a black man that has a storage unit a few blocks away with extra food in it and is waiting for a super volcano to go off in Yellowstone so he can walk four blocks in a suit with a gas mask and tank on his back to retrieve food and walk back. My thoughts already as he did his practice run is that here is this giant black man walking down the street in a gas mask and tank on his back looking a little threatening and no one calls the cops..I guess that is New York for you.The show is great…is funny ,entertaining and just ironic and mind altering. Im not sure who is funniest ,the people or the experts. One show where it was a meek family that kept bees for honey and trade and crushed apples to make cider and and fuel and grew a garden so large in the back yard they had too much food and they were prepped for anything but they don’t like guns so they didn’t think anyone would bother them because they would gladly invite the community in and feed them and give them shelter and they kept saying ,”oh we don’t believe in guns” we will just be good and the people around us will be good and then a guy about 25 popped in and said ,”oh Ill invite the raiding marauders in and feed them and determine if they are good or not and if they are good Ill let them stay and then if not Ill poison them and slit their throats” lol….so meek and mild ,must be the family that breeds serial killers..You know ,because when they finally catch serial killers they always say ,’oh they were so kind and took out my garbage and they were gentle and so good” ok…well guess we know where the next family of serial killers are starting out from since he announced his intentions. What he doesn’t realize is when people are hungry and trying to survive ,civilization goes out the door. When he invites them in they will put a bullet in head and then eat his prepared food and then sleep in his nice comfy bed since the family that was so prepared didn’t believe in guns but then again..when you are in a situation like that you are pretty outnumbered and if people want what you have ,they don’t care about making friends they want the goods.I have rambled too much here but my thoughts are flying here and there and the humor in all of this is really kind of sad.Yes its great to be prepared but don’t broadcast it…You can’t feed the world and take care of everybody or the world would be without famine now.I have seen first hand how things worked out in a situation. Just remember the news reports of Katrina in New Orleans and what happened in just a week or two. The looting ,the stealing the violence and the community leaders had no way of communicating because they had mothballed their communication devices that used air waves.. That was just a small hurricane and one city and so many people died and the anger and the rampage that went on after just a week or so and the police even abandoning the people and looting themselves and then the marshal law of one parish against others, daring people to come into their parish.. The whole thing went savage really quickly .I still think about it and the short time period it happened and how bad it turned out. Can you imagine a Volcano that covers the United States or major earthquake in the United States or and EMP wave that wipes out the power grid ,or a major flood that covers a lot of the states or anything that last over a few days. My thoughts is when anything like this happens everyone will be calling the government and they will be out to lunch…It makes me shutter to think about it but at least for the moment…Preppers has brought laughter and a release of tension by watching these people and their ideas which in ways are really good things to do but shhhhhhhhhh! don’t tell everybody lol…kind of defeats the purpose of having secret anything or securing your way of life.. Anyway thats my story and im sticking to it. Thanks Natgeo for a nice amusing show and making me laugh.

new topics

top topics

join