It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on heading for the hills or the woods when you hear the SHTF? You are not wanted.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
Straight up, if SHTF, ANYONE running to the hills wont be staying in one spot. More than likely they will be armed and probably carrying precious cargo.

If im trekking across the land, and for some reason you feel that im "red and yellow" and intend harm, with all due respect, i will shoot your ass. I dont think im the only one who will be feeling that way.

This is my warning for your warning. If i were you, i would assist your fellow humans and/or run like hell too.

You talk like you have a stand alone complex. Do us a favor and get rid of it. You need us and we need you.

If anyone out there thinks that if SHTF that they are going to hold up in the woods ands grow a happy little garden of vegetables and have some chickens then i think you're a damn fool.

People that are unaccounted for will be searched for. Imagine your land becoming a prison state overnight. You're the prisoner, and prisoners need to be accounted for.

Join the people, or conform. Thats what it boils down too

edit on 28-6-2011 by mthgs602 because: i farted and hit the wrong letters

Lol he was talking about the snake that is poisonous.. This person is just saying it wont be a walk in the park it not like what your used to there are no amenities or luxeries.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are a lot of nuclear reactors in the US
if they go all pear shaped because of unattending attendants...
It won't really matter where you go...

also
the chinese apparently hold a lot of the titles to US land these days..
they just might take the opportunity to show up and collect.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Yea a person could do a little screaning of folks up the road somewhere so to speak. You may not have to share. The right folks could hunt their own food if you were way out in the wild. Who knows maybe they have something to offer. Maybe run into a small party of good folks just trying to get out. And yea maybe they would be somewhat equipped not so much just nomads deadheading.

I will tell you when something like this shakes out over a few year or sooner after SHF the small group societies will form anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I live in Colorado.. to those claiming that the national parks will be locked up and nobody can get in, you have a false image of the parks "security." People make it sound like our parks are sealed in a impenetrable bio-dome. Here is the secret to getting into a national park when the gate is closed.. walk around the small toll gate, that's all..

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

What post were you reading?

My post had nothing to do with anything that you have included in your post.

I am dumbfound with your post because I see absolutely no relationship to my post in yours.

I just spent a week with my nieces and nephews screaming in terror because they were buzzed by a few dragonflies. Every encounter with an insect was an episode in drama.

It got me to thinking how unprepared some people are when actually living face to face with nature in its purest form.

I really don't understand why so many of you are taking offense to a lighthearted reminder that we really don't own the land that we live on and we don't just have to worry about sharing and living in harmony with each other; that there are other living things on this planet that have to be considered.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This was actually covered about a year ago quite well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not from the bug side..but the bugout side...

A lot of opinions have been discussed.

New insight and information is always good.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Good luck to you friend. You have mistaken a govt that will do anything to protect their resources and interests with one who really cares about humanity that needs to be thinned. like the useless eaters they are.

Do you really understand whats there? Clean water. Virgin forest. Soils and minerals they have carefully kept locked up for over 100 years. There is oil there as well. Oh the didn't tell you? There all all the components to rebuild everything.....with far few eaters, once they have been locked out. The ones who go around have a 15% survival rate anyway.

Just trying to help. A blind ear is your problem. not mine.

Good luck friend. Best to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Shadowalker

They will have guards turning people around, because their jobs are to protect those resources and they will close them to the public.

I do not think that you are seeing the complete picture.

If it is that bad, there will be no government employees...They have families that need protecting too. I seriously doubt that ranger Joe will be guarding a gate when his family is vulnerable at home.

Dont be a fool. There have been more decades than you have been alive to plan crowd control by the peolpe who knew when it would come. Many think tanks have come before you friend.

Give that some thought......really. The fate of the troops who turn back is certain. The fate of the troops who advance is unknown and theirs.

Maybe the Op should have cleared up exactly what kind of SHTF scenario we are talking about here. Because we are definitely talking about two different scenarios.....

If you happen to come across any of my posts on other threads, see what I have to say about TPTB stoping the crowd. I believe that they will not give up the power.............But if it is bad enough to where people are running for the hills, then we will just have to wait and see what would happen..........Friend...I am no fool..
edit on 28-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

There are more than a few ways to remember. Just pick one that rings best with you.

"Red to yellow, kill a fellow; red to black, venom lack."

"Red touches black, he is a friend of Jack. Red touches yellow, he is a dangerous fellow."

"Red touches black, he is an okay fellow. Red touches yellow, he will kill a fellow."

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Good for you.

If you have dependents your under the gun already. Even if you choose to go above timberline you will come down eventually. Humans cant stay there for more than a year.

I have lived on a subsistence economy for 4 years when I was younger. I don't have dependents. Obligations.

Have the economic resources now to ensure a decade of my future in any environ.

Its gonna be different for everyone. If you past has several years of living off the land under guidance of those who always have then your golden.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I moved from the city and now live in outback Australia. Everything will kill you out here.
Your post is absurd. you make assumptions that city people or people from the burbs cant hack it out in the bush. Humans are mighty adaptable under pressure. They wont give your precious critters a second glance unless they look tasty.
Could you be any more patronizing?

This post is just you carrying on about how great you are with nature and how others must admire your skills and be afraid they don't have skills of their own.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Bee2010 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I figure I will just BBQ up the neighbor.

Seriously though....I have prepared a little, but not like I need to......The girlfriend keeps cooking up my spam supply.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

Dear God.

There must be some magic ATS filter that is changing what I wrote when viewed by others on ATS.

I have re-read my post four times and I swear I don't know where some of you people are coming up with these ideas.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by Bee2010

Dear God.

There must be some magic ATS filter that is changing what I wrote when viewed by others on ATS.

I have re-read my post four times and I swear I don't know where some of you people are coming up with these ideas.

Let me summarize your post - City people and people of the burbs, there are many critters out here in the bush. Be afraid. When SHTF the insects and snakes wont want you here in their habitat so don't bother trying to move here. I on the other hand am awesome and nature accepts me.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I do see you point. how do you purpose they will safe guard such a mass quantity of land? I know Colorado's mountains like the back of my hand.. including caves, canyons, mines, abandoned cabins, all clear from any city within a 150 mile radius. I spend lots of my time in the summer scoping out ideal locations and routes other then roads to get there. Thus far I know a great underground spot with ample room to live. I pride myself on moving in silence and out of sight. I even have Thermal imaging "camo" along with infrared "camo," along with a small arsenal of tactical weaponry and gear. But I am still very interested in other ways I would be seen. Please tell me things I overlooked (with all sincerity, not being a smart ass)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Thanks for the eye opening thread, I had no idea there were bugs in the woods...

I know right
Well anyways FWIW if indeed the S DOES HTF, I live in the Pacific Southwest of the U.S. (Arizona desert) and should any of my fellow brothers/sisters of humanity need to get out of the city, PLEASE feel free to call upon me for advice on how best to survive in this environment and I will do anything humanly possible to help. And should you know your way around a firearm quite well (or happen to know any skills opposite mine so that our survival odds are increased that much more) and have a loving family that are depending on you as you have absolutely nowhere else to go and I happen to have extra room in my 3 bedroom house, then lets talk and see what we can do. Plus regarding the firearm thing...hey I gotta sleep sometime and if there is ever the time you need someone watching your back, that would probably be one of them.

OP...it will be THAT kind of the American way that will stand a chance (if there is a hope in hell of having one) in defeating the evil bastages that are hellbent on our enslavement/control/destruction if there ever was one. You go ahead and keep trying on "scaring city folk off" just so that you can worry about yourself and your interests while doing your damnedest at trying to secure your WIDE OPEN LAND that probably has too many fronts to cover strategically and will just get taken from you anyways if someone really wants it (desperate times calls for desperate measures my friend and if you don't believe it then just watch at what happens if S DOES TRULY HTF)....and I will continue on with my plans at trying to survive with and alongside my fellow human being

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I cant agree more. Do people even read posts before replying?

I dont think the OP is trying to insult or scare off anyone. I think he was merely trying to bring up the point that theres more to worry about in the forest then food water and shelter.

God forbid we have a discussion about real survival concerns without everyone getting defensive and name calling.

This isnt an me vs you, us vs them issue. Its a we issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Right on brother!!! I'm here with ya in the desert and I have mucho respect for that post!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Wait I have been preparing for my size family, you people who think there will be morals and values and will get handouts, that is an illusion. When the shtf it will be about every man for yourself, dont count on a freebie snatch of anything from people well prepared

This kind of attitude is exactly WHY Im looking forward to a SHTF situation.

No respect for fellow man, just let them die on your sidewalk

You can all come to my house, bring whatever you can, and I'll share whatever I have.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I figure I will just BBQ up the neighbor.

Seriously though....I have prepared a little, but not like I need to......The girlfriend keeps cooking up my spam supply.

True story. I divorced the ex because she felt she wanted to be with her first husband she hadn't even seen in 24 years. (does that sound crazy in itself) At any rate I told her she was loved and I only wanted her happiness for all he days.

When we spit, I made sure the first husband had loaded the truck and was coming from the other end of the country. Then I split the stores for three shares. Even then she said she didnt want any canned goods or sacks of supplies, but I took my third since there were three in peril. I had to give them a hundred bucks to get by, three or five times. OK probably more till she had her guy working and established.

The two lived for 9 months off what I left them and still have a closet full of supplies. Both working and productive now. People said why? Do you really want to see anyone suffer if you can help it?

Living in that world so long ago taught me when and how far I could help and when I had to say no and mean it.

Us old timers spout off a lot of useless crap though. Gray makes you different.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join