It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Eye Will See - UrtheCast, Live HD footage of Earth from ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial.

Revelation 11

Bible scholars were once puzzled by these scriptures. How would the entire world view events that happened in a single location. Of course now we have cable news networks that run 24/7 and the Internet lets us keep tabs on things that happen across the globe. I once envisioned the Two Witnesses being killed and someone uploading a YouTube video of the even for all to see. Now it would seem that this might not be necessary. Ladies and Gentlemen. Live HD footage of the Earth is coming soon.

Space nerds, get your browsers ready -- UrtheCast will soon be streaming HD video of Earth straight from the ISS. The system will actually consists of a pair of cameras, one still and one video, that will be mounted on the Russian arm of the station. The still shots will be very wide, covering about 30 miles with a resolution of 18-feet per pixel. Much more exciting will be the three feet per-pixel stream of 3.25fps video that will run 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

www.engadget.com...

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him,

Revelation 1
I'm sure this is just the beginning of this en devour and the cameras will be more numerous and have even greater resolution in the future. While this initially might not be high enough resolution to see two people get whacked by the anti-Christ in Jerusalem (I'm sure that will be covered on television) this could very well be useful when you think of the prospect of Christ returning and being seen by all. If Christ returns and appears in the sky at one location, the entire event can now be broadcast live in HD to the whole earth.

Is it too weird that this will be ready in 2012? I know, hate to mix Myan and Christianity prophecies but it was too good of a tid-bit to not mention. "Watch the world end in HD!, ($5.99 a month)"

edit on 28-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
To think all this was 800ft away from being wrecked today

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good post, especially the reference to revelations.

I will certainly keep an eye on this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Actually after watching the video it sounds pretty cool, not sure wether I will sign up though but I will be considering it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WOW i never thought the day would come. Why would the govt release this technology to the public.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They should offer it in Real 3D - and have "hightlights" shown in digital movie theaters around the world. I would totally pay to see earth from orbit in 3DHD.

Anyways, it's pretty cool idea, but I don't see enthusiasm for it lasting very long. UFO watchers will probably be their largest audience.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Actually after watching the video it sounds pretty cool, not sure wether I will sign up though but I will be considering it.

Agree it does look pretty cool.
I won't be signing up though. I'm sure if anything major happens I'll get a free replay on youtube (or ATS)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
More than likely there will be a significant time-delay...

Sanitized for our viewing pleasure...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I'm sure this is just the beginning of this en devour and the cameras will be more numerous and have even greater resolution in the future.

Here's betting that they already DO have numerous, high resolution cameras mounted, but us peons will never be privy to the footage. I bet they're just throwing us a crumb, and keeping the whole rest of the cake, plus the icing, for themselves!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Here's betting that they already DO have numerous, high resolution cameras mounted, but us peons will never be privy to the footage. I bet they're just throwing us a crumb, and keeping the whole rest of the cake, plus the icing, for themselves!

I agree, they only give us stuff after they have already mastered it first.

top topics

join