It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hypothetical Game (What kind of Government would you make?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A perfect government would be ``self government `` where no one has a monopoly on force or law.

Anything else is just a statist pipedream.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
New Government MUST: be only people who not only agree to but also "do" this: work for much less $, benefits and perks like pensions than all those they serve! Leaders must not talk but practice what they preach and be held to much higher standards than anyone else. If they do not Set The Example - then they are not just thrown out but punished in the public square for all to see ----- Take less food, housing, and "stuff" than others. ----- If they don't like that - guess they really are not what my dictionary defines a leader: Someone who leads by example - not by force or bull sh.. or lies and "making things sound oh-so-good that they perform magic - and we should almost worship them. They should almost worship "those they serve"!

Wars, lack of healthcare, food, education and working together for really the common good - not their own good as has ALWAYS BEEN MAN's WAY --------take from those they serve!

Anonymous will prevail for the good of all - not the few! Man will cure all cancers, and soon fly to the stars.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Self Government (i.e Anarchy) just doesn't work. People get greedy and it gets violent. How would you solve this?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

People get greedy and it gets violent.

Are you saying that with a govt people aren't greedy and that violence never happens?

How would you solve this?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Are you saying that with a govt people aren't greedy and that violence never happens?

Good points.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
So I think most of us can agree that our government has some huge issues and I've been thinking, What could we fix?

What type of government do you think is best...and how would it work?

I'll give a example from something I read on reddit:

Kowzorz 61 points 9 hours ago In my opinion, we're in an age where we could have a 100% democratic government no problem. At least, technology-wise. The question then becomes: Do we want a few to rule us by their will or do we want the majority to rule us by their will. I don't know which is scarier.

No government. Community based anarchy.

We will rule as a community collective.

I don't agree with this...although I do like the concept. What is the perfect system guys? I'm seriously stumped here.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Have to say Demarchy

en.wikipedia.org...

As a half way house I would have one lower house based on elected representatives and another much larger upper house formed using Demarchy as the principle. The upper house would have no power to create legislation but ultimate power to amend/reject legislation.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

No government. Community based anarchy. We will rule as a community collective.

I never said that.......

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
A small democratic goverment with direct representation of the people. With as few laws as possible, where goverment would be in place to only enforce laws, maintaining a defense-only army, and ensure a good economic enviroment. Important issues should be decided by the people through referenda...people should also be given the power to dissolve goverment and call for new elections at anytime. Welfare or any kind of aid should only be given to working tax paying citizens, not citizens that aren't productive. Free education and health care is a must.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join