It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO: Mind control and Conspiracy Forums like ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

They don't care how deep thet get us into debt, at the end they use us to conquer and they have been very good at it since the USA took the place of the british Kindom many years ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I didn't see or feel any kind of form of mind control while i' was lurker and now member on ATS.About cointelpro disinfo agents ..maybe they are here but they helping this site and me for adding objectivity on topics..sometimes a lie and disinfo can help the path for truth.

P.S If goverment are reading this and they have a need of payed disinfo agents on forums ... i'm wiling to work for them for paycheck ..i dont have a job at the moment.

I think I just saw a disinfo agent.

You don't have to be hired.

It's a state of mind.

edit on 29-6-2011 by headb because: wrong

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I really don't know either. Maybe they got skunked into it and now they can't get out.

Also the only way people can stand to work for the govt is if they are brainwashed already. They are incredible normal, boring, and take everything for granted. At least in every government office I've ever went into.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I was recently banned at GLP for typing a thread saying...It's a Trap....

It wasn't that I was a troublemaker, I usually commented on the solar flares, earthquake..etc threads. No big conspiracy here.

They banned me so quickly it would make your head spin.

Also I recently went to change service on my cell phone account and the guy at the counter couldn't make any changes because I was on a "sensitive" list. He had to call into the National Office for approval. I believed that I had browsed the GLP site from my phone once. Wow! I've been targeted!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

edit on 29-6-2011 by XtraTL because: Sorry, changed my mind

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Very, very dangerous to be dismissive of E4s. Must be Army.
Wasn't this young person who caused a little scandal we call WikiLeaks but a lowly, young, E4? Opps!
Fair share of Air Force E4s with Bachlors even Masters Degrees, good managers look across the spectrum of rank and realize talent isn't pigeon holed. The absolute "go to guy" where I ended up was some GS14 civilian who wore E5 rank on Active. Might want to pay attention to what the "little" guys are up to.

Who knows what goes on really, but this is a fun site for boring times - nothing like a little conspiracy to brighten an evening! Keep shaking Bedlam - only 7 to go right?

What I remember that my friend said about her closet listening days at NSA is that they all lie. They lie to their families everyday as part of their job - and sooner or later if you don't get out, the line of reality blurrs. That was eye opening. So even if they are here - or not - they would lie about it anyway. Leaving us little people free to play.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by Isaacland

Care? Care is one thing. Doing anything about it is something else. Somebody, anybody show me One Thing the government does intelligently, efficiently, and purposefully. One.

I'll wait...

IMHO, they efficiently waste insane amounts of cash. In the UK and even more so in the US. Intelligently - hardly at all. Purposefully - only if the purpose is to give private "enterprise" lots of tax payers money.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

edit on 29-6-2011 by XtraTL because: Changed my mind

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
There are some things that make my personal BS detector to off immediately, though.

“I can tell this person is a disinfo agent just by what they say.”
“ATS IS a honey pot and/or owned by the CIA.”
“It’s obvious disinfo agents are trolling this site.”

SURE you can, buddy.

Wow. Thanks for that. More than I expected and it was worth reading the long post.

I agree with you to some extent about this. Except that the dunces cap bit is a little unfair. Being a little naive doesn't make someone a dunce. Also, to be fair, almost nobody has posted that type of thing in this thread.

As far as NSA activity goes you are close if their remit is similar to GCHQ (in the UK.) However, in my - informed (possibly less well than you) opinion - other agencies play a less passive role in cyberspace including large conspiracy forums like ATS. I have given a few reasons why I have formed that opinion including in this post.

One thing we will have almost no chance whatsoever of finding though is data to back up our claim. It is obvious why that is to anyone who knows anything about intelligence work.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
I can give you other links which show, that the DoD is very interested in using the web for propaganda purposes.

I have already done similar in a previous thread.

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Sorry to just post the links without detailed comment. I really don't have the time this week to read through and highlight the relevant parts.

Basically these documents are relevant because they show that intelligence strategists were planning to use blogs (and almost certainly other important media like large forums) for operations. Remember that intelligence operations are not solely conducted abroad in war theatres.

In one of the documents a program called Megaphone was mentioned as a cyber op tool. Have you ever wondered how certain subject matter is posted and then teams literally show up almost unbelievably quickly to blast you or destroy your thread. This program or one like it could be the reason. Among other things, it alerts the user when a post is made containing user defined keywords.

it has been criticized by Independent Television News, and others for stuffing the ballot of online polls, generating excessive comments and 'spam' on internet message boards, and stifling online discussion.
en.wikipedia.org...

That tool coupled with a sock puppet manager would allow an organisation to stifle lots of debate with very few staff.

Here are the documents. There are more but I can't find them now. Hopefully they are still out there and I will retrieve them.

Blogs and Military Information Strategy by James B. Kinniburgh, Major, USAF, and Dr. Dorothy E. Denning

MILITARY DECEPTION OPERATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE by William R. Cunningham, Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

CYBERSPACE AND THE NEW AGE OF INFLUENCE BY MAJOR LELAND BOHANNON

Influence Operations and the Internet: A 21st Century Issue Legal, Doctrinal and Policy Challenges in the Cyber World Rebecca A. Keller, Lt Col, USAF

Finally there is this conclusion made by the author of this article on a formerly secret now declassified document. There is a link to the document in the article.

Conclusion
Does the Pentagon define any real limits to information warfare? Information operations can be used on both domestic and foreign audiences, in non-permissive or semi-permissive environments, on adversary and non-adversary, during peace, crisis and war, and in denied areas. Should we really expect anything less? They did tell us that their goal was full spectrum dominance. (emphasis mine)
Information Operatiions Roadmap by Brent Jessop

Should we expect any less from any other powerful organisations? Probably not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Great post and very true and too think some people in 2011 still think gangstalking dosen't exist, when it's so obvious that it does that even god like productions uses it as a excuse to ban people...beacuse you know it's kind of known that it's real.

edit on 29-6-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What a remarkable thread! At first I didn't read it through and posted some random comments (which I've deleted). I've now read the thread!

Let me just say that the thread title doesn't do the thread justice. I am genuinely fascinated by some of the comments and information contained in it. (Hmm, I want to explain that statement in more detail, but don't find the right words.)

When I first came to ATS I was very puzzled by it. It took me a very, very long time to work out what on earth was going on. By "a long time", I mean years lurking and months of posting. At one point I genuinely believed that individuals were employed to post absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories to dilute any sensitive information which might get posted.

What amazed me is the absolute obsession people have with the most ridiculous conspiracy theories, when all the while, almost in plain sight, there are very real "conspiracies" being played out. But these never seem to even be mentioned, let alone noticed. In the past, my attempt to rationalize this phenomenon focused on the possibility of cointelpro on ATS.

So I see this thread, and its contents, and now I see how the world just continues on, completely unawares, both of the genuine information and the deliberate misinformation. I've never seen that so clearly before.

And let's suppose someone posted some amazing information which I knew to be objectively true. And let's suppose I had questions. I couldn't post them, so all I could do is hope that they continued posting.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
maybe you need to do some research
into the Sunlight Foundation and see
what they do and who funds them

OK, of the many questions I'd like to ask in this thread, here is one I feel I actually can ask.

Can you say any more about this? I don't mean in relation to ATS as such, but what can you tell us about this organisation, etc.

I've never heard of them, and the list of people that funds them does indeed contain some surprises. Given the mission of the organisation, I cannot imagine why said contributors would want to be publicly associated with that. Would it just be for PR purposes?

What relationship do they have to the Government, and if they were involved in manipulating conspiracy forums, what do you think their motivation/objective would be?
edit on 29-6-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Some have even gone as far as to accuse ATS of being a COINTELPRO operation (a recurrent theme in many ATS posts and one which the owners of the site deny),[18] such as author and commentator, Laura Knight Jadczyk[19] who has openly criticised ATS after she published an article on her alternative news website, Signs of the Times.[20] This led to a dispute between her and the owners of ATS who claimed that the article had breached ATS’s “creative commons deed”

Wikipedia- Above Top Secret

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

WOW amazing i never thought i would come across this thread but amazingly i was thinking the other day about ATS that it could be manipulated by people like the FBI and throw in false and misleading threads just to throw people off course or just guide people in the wrong direction on purpose someone like COINTELPRO would do such a thing i think they are watching ATS none stop.

very nice thread thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Some have even gone as far as to accuse ATS of being a COINTELPRO operation

never had that thought come through my mind but it could be so true
edit on 6/29/2011 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o

Did you only see this in my post or was there more?

go to Wikipedia Above top Secret and read all of it
edit on 29-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o

Did you only see this in my post or was there more?

go to Wikipedia Above top Secret and read all of it
edit on 29-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

yea thanks, now that i read the whole thing it makes me more skeptic about ATS, although i still like this site, but that just says don't believe everything that is posted here.

thanks alot for this thread i always had a hunch that even sites like this is under a close eye/control all the time.

oh that reminds me, i think that ANONYMOUS is a big hoax he is not real, how do you know if ANONYMOUS is not part of COINTELPRO operation, and his long term plan just to keep people in there seats till all goes to shi*t.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by o0pinMind0o

ANONYMOUS is the name of the so called group, the spokes person for the group calls him/her self Anon short for ANONYMOUS they could be dis-info/ COINTELPRO shills you never really know, but if they were i'd think they would be taking on bigger issues then video games but who really knows.
edit on 30-6-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
reply to post by o0pinMind0o

ANONYMOUS is the name of the so called group, the spokes person for the group calls him/her self Anon short for ANONYMOUS they could be dis-info/ COINTELPRO shills you never really know, but if they were i'd think they would be taking on bigger issues then video games but who really knows.
edit on 30-6-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

i understand that, but i think they are a part of some group that is controlled by COINTELPRO or something like it.

ANONYMOUS to me just seems something that would be made up and controlled by the Illuminati just so people would have some group to follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join