It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO: Mind control and Conspiracy Forums like ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I'm inclined to agree with someone who said
"sites like ATS were invented to keep people busy, who aren't so easily distracted by Farmville"
or something like that

Heh. It just means that we need to write the appropriate FB game for the audience.

Instead of "Farmville", you could have a game where there were all sorts of conspiracies going on - a military base you could break into if you knew how, UFOs landing and abducting people here and there, government plots, people inventing free energy in their basements, reptilians, you name it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Instead of "Farmville", you could have a game where there were all sorts of conspiracies going on - a military base you could break into if you knew how, UFOs landing and abducting people here and there, government plots, people inventing free energy in their basements, reptilians, you name it.

That would be awsome!!
And the game could have constant updates and new maps for every new conspiracy!! The winner would get a trip for two to guantanamo!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The noise has almost become deafening.

Real data isn't flashly and Dan Brown enough for the average conspiracy fan.

The site doesn't need any help from the FBI or CIA. Conspiracy fans are doing enough damage on their own.

I agree in regards to the FBI and CIA. Most conspiracy theories on here have so many conflicting opinions, "proof", data, misinformation, etc. that I wonder how much impact a site like this actually has in the real world. Maybe more than I realize, I dunno.

I will say, as I've said in another post, that there are posters on the 9/11 board who seem to only exist on here to shoot down each and every 9/11 theory on here that doesn't go along with the "official story". If they aren't being paid to come on here then I don't really understand what their motivation is for being on here every day. It seems very bizarre, to me at least.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

That would be awsome!!
And the game could have constant updates and new maps for every new conspiracy!! The winner would get a trip for two to guantanamo!

We've already been kicking around a variation on Farmville called Methville.

"Jesse found 3 liters of anhydrous ammonia he'd like to share with you!"
"Joe Bob learned glassblowing, and made you an Erlenmeyer flask!"

ETA: A trip to Cuba would kick a**. The diving is great. I wish they'd drop that stupid travel restriction.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Woo- Woo this thread has been a fun ride so far!! I have a question. I know they "snif" - and one evening I was up late googling some classified nomenclature - em, ya thats it, and suddenly my computer just started to buzz as if someone came on line. I had been at this google search for a period of time and items that I was looking for have been exponged from the net due to classification - so did they "snif" me? The question is for you squirrels on here. Thanks. ~ Bird

ps. Bedlam do you like McDill?
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was raised in a family of nothing but manipulative and greedy people so, I can see it a mile away and I do see alot of the manipulative posts in here, the ones to just ruffle someones feathers. I have on occasion posted to these but here lately I have caught it and just decided that it is not worth my time because to me, the manipulation of a post jumps right off my screen and into my lap. On the flip side, I wonder if I have been marked and am now on that red list and if I am, I would like to know how to found out.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I believe most of the members here that others are quick to label "Disinfo agents" are actually young adults(punks
) that just want to get a rise out of the other members. Its easy to act like a complete jack a$$ when your behind a computor screen. Its that immature additude of nanny nanny boo boo you cant get me! hahaha.
I believe that alphebet agencies watch ATS but I seriously doubt they pay people to derail threads. just my 2 cents.

~much love~

maybe you need to do some research
into the Sunlight Foundation and see
what they do and who funds them

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Well said Pimander. There are people on both sides of the fence on this issue. My own stance is why wouldn't "they" pay attention to a forum like ATS? Considering it is one of the largest conspiracy sites in the world. We are ripe for cointelpro tactics without a doubt.

I would say "they" pay attention to this site is because "they" want to know what we think, and what we know about things. I have an old friend who was an agent for one of the spaghetti agencies, and he told me there are teams that read all of the conspiracy websites.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I believe most of the members here that others are quick to label "Disinfo agents" are actually young adults(punks
) that just want to get a rise out of the other members. Its easy to act like a complete jack a$$ when your behind a computor screen. Its that immature additude of nanny nanny boo boo you cant get me! hahaha.
I believe that alphebet agencies watch ATS but I seriously doubt they pay people to derail threads. just my 2 cents.

~much love~

maybe you need to do some research
into the Sunlight Foundation and see
what they do and who funds them

Sunlight Foundation

Thanks for the site. looks like theres alot of info to get into there.

I think Im gonna start with my districts spending block. hmmm bet I'll find some things to be pissed about in those files.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: link added

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

ATS could possibly be COINTELPRO. I know i will be blasted for speculating this but it is only speculation and conjecture.

I found a link that others might find quite interesting if you have the time to read.

Note: This is a long read but is really good if you have an open-mind and the time to read it.

Update:It appears the link isn't allowed to be posted on ATS since it re-directed to a COINTELPRO thread on ATS
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
at the top of the food chain there is always a bigger shark .
its a big world , the universe is bigger though . have friends in high places then.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
so did they "snif" me? The question is for you squirrels on here. Thanks. ~ Bird

ps. Bedlam do you like McDill?

Well, I don't know.

My two experiences with the wrong end of the stick weren't that immediate.

One took about a week to percolate through the system, before the FBI guy showed up at my house to talk to one of my younger brothers with a phone transcript in hand.

The other one was in 2004 when I managed to royally p--- off about three different TLAs at the same damn time, I always say if you're going to screw up might as well go for broke. THAT one took about six months for them to notice, and after they started hauling people in for polygraphs it took maybe three weeks before the crapstorm broke. Had I not posted something overt and regrettably accurate in an ongoing top level thread, I don't know if they would have ever found our little interagency/contractor discussion thread. (not here, btw)

I'd have to say probably nothing happens in real time unless you're way up the list and they've got the system looking for your voice print or whatever. There's too many layers of bureaucracy. Not too long ago there was a situation where a senator or rep was talking shop with some Arab type on an open line, and NSA knew it right off, but couldn't figure out if they were supposed to report it, or couldn't report it, or should get UKUSA to report it for them and waffled for weeks before s---canning it, in the meantime the issue went up and down the food chain at NSA a number of times before the buck stopped. I can't imagine that just looking at stuff on the net would trigger any sort of reaction unless you're Abu Ben Rashid the mad bomber.

That said, there are honeypots here and there. Don't buy stuff you ought not.

Mac is ok. It's almost like my last seven years in the service, only with more brass.
BTW, in a resounding bit of oddness, the project's not ON the base - it's in town. The soc guys supervise it, but it's staffed by civilians. The building is non-descript. There are several surprisingly odd things in town that look civilian but are run by guys from the base, some you wouldn't believe, further the deponent sayeth not.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
ATS could possibly be COINTELPRO. I know i will be blasted for speculating this but it is only speculation and conjecture.

Is it the April Fool's posting by someone who's now staff claiming that the name resolved to Langley? It was a joke. I thought it was hilarious, but some people are too literal minded.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

- so did they "snif" me? The question is for you squirrels on here. Thanks. ~ Bird

Thinking about this sort of thing, I think the absolute BEST reaction from the US intelligence community I've ever seen to a civilian was that Kiwi guy that had the "designing and building a home-brew cruise missile" web site. I really liked that site, it was freaking awesome. I'm not sure if it's still up, probably not. I think he got a personal phone call from Tom Ridge or Rumsfeld telling him to take it down at one point, it was someone high up.

ETA: it's still up - sort of - but hasn't been updated for years. This was a big stinky at one time. Link

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Hmmm, well control what you post and what you view. It's real easy to focus on the negative here

This place can be whatever we make it out to be
edit on 28-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

- so did they "snif" me? The question is for you squirrels on here. Thanks. ~ Bird

Thinking about this sort of thing, I think the absolute BEST reaction from the US intelligence community I've ever seen to a civilian was that Kiwi guy that had the "designing and building a home-brew cruise missile" web site. I really liked that site, it was freaking awesome. I'm not sure if it's still up, probably not. I think he got a personal phone call from Tom Ridge or Rumsfeld telling him to take it down at one point, it was someone high up.

Bedlam you are on a dang roll, and I know just enough to be a danger to myself. So do they shake your building? I just thought it was strange - you know, in the wee hours, googling and googling a location I know used to exist - does exist - been physically there - gone, poof, exponged - course then just the big old hello buzz that seemed to come on to sort of scare the wee morning daylights outta me. I know they snif though - had a good friend who sat in a closet at NSA monitoring phone calls in another country. She said once they ping certain word chains, they go in. Wondered if they had that kind of thing set up for computers - not that I am important enough for some person, but maybe I pinged a computer somewhere and it decided to ride with me a while. You stay safe you, don't make too much trouble!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Great information, but gigantic red flag on you. Maybe your an agent thats now implanted this theory in our head and trying to get us confused, when really nothing is happening. Causing ourselves to have an illusion of chaos.Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone - had a good friend who sat in a closet at NSA monitoring phone calls in another country. She said once they ping certain word chains, they go in.

They got an upgrade a few years back, it can spot voices if you've got one that's distinctive enough and it gets a really good sample.

It sort of caused an issue during a demo once when they told the system to scan for a particular now-deceased Senator with a distinctive 'down east' bah cah hahbah sort of accent, and it found him on the cell phone making arrangements with a mistress or something. The story's been passed around with different details, not sure if any of it's true, but it should be.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I would say "they" pay attention to this site is because "they" want to know what we think, and what we know about things. I have an old friend who was an agent for one of the spaghetti agencies, and he told me there are teams that read all of the conspiracy websites.

I have no problem believing that. Sites like this are as good as any poll. And we often cast our ballot by the posts we make. I'm sure they get their fair share of chuckles from us. But I'll bet they get the occasional surprise too.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I believe the Forum Moderator is COINTELPRO for several reasons.
1. His defensive posturing in his post also hints of spin.
2. His avatar is an illuminated image of a lit candle.
3. Flame on said candle is obviously the Washington Monument and the Mod hints at it by saying he is in "Washington State"
4. Masonic types always have their symbols in.our faces thinking we are stupid.

OP I say you casted bait and COINTELPRO bit....awesome job S+F
Braving Zulu

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join