It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO: Mind control and Conspiracy Forums like ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Preface and Readers Note

When I mention COINTELPRO in this thread I am referring to the continuing use of the tactics employed in the original FBI program. I also refer to new operations - in particular employed in cyberspace - that are currently in use by the FBI, CIA, NSA and other arms of the state.

Many of the techniques used are intolerable in a democratic society. However, they continue to be utilised with the aim of combating perceived threats to, " the existing social and political order." That is another way of saying that they will stop at nothing - including taking away your democratic rights - to keep the elite in power.

Why would COINTELPRO tactics be deployed on Forums Like ATS?

According to a 1976 report to the US Senate, "The unexpressed major premise of much of COINTELPRO is that the Bureau has a role in maintaining the existing social order, and that its efforts should be aimed toward combating those who threaten that order."

So, what has that to do with conspiracy or New Age forums? 'Conspiracy theorists' see inconsistencies and join the dots while 'New Agers' see hypocrisy and imbalance in society. Both groups are likely to seek, "changes in the social and political order," - which makes them political dissidents in the eyes of the powers that be.

Furthermore, forums are places where said political dissidents seek like minded people. According to the 1976 Senate Report, "COINTELPRO began in 1956, in part because of frustration with Supreme Court rulings limiting the Government's power to proceed overtly against dissident groups." No prizes for guessing that one such dissident group, could be the conspiracy theorists on ATS.

Here is a video which takes a look at what is going on.

Is there anything we can do about it?

Should we all stop using these forums. That is a matter of personal preference. My opinion is that despite the obvious fact that they are used for disinformation and manipulation, they can still be a positive force. Lots of information like that contained in this thread would find a far smaller audience without them. Surely that is a good thing.

We may not be able to do a great deal to stop COINTELPRO tactics from being employed on our beloved forums. However, "To be forewarned, is to be forearmed." So stop kidding yourselves that this isn't happening and educate yourselves. Here are a few tips.

www.dailymotion.com...
www.disclose.tv...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

All the best

Pimander
edit on 28/6/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I didn't see or feel any kind of form of mind control while i' was lurker and now member on ATS.About cointelpro disinfo agents ..maybe they are here but they helping this site and me for adding objectivity on topics..sometimes a lie and disinfo can help the path for truth.

P.S If goverment are reading this and they have a need of payed disinfo agents on forums ... i'm wiling to work for them for paycheck ..i dont have a job at the moment.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

This is just me welcoming you to the Rant Section is advance, where I expect this thread to join my thread about Socket Puppets and Dis-information Agents on ATS. Not to worry, those who think the Internet and forums like this are the real world won't see what's coming and sure as hell aren't the types to do anything about it. I sleep well knowing all I have to do is remove and move me and mine to our offshore haven and wait, everything else will take care of itself, as the same people spinning and being spun are caught up in the same world-pool.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well said Pimander. There are people on both sides of the fence on this issue. My own stance is why wouldn't "they" pay attention to a forum like ATS? Considering it is one of the largest conspiracy sites in the world. We are ripe for cointelpro tactics without a doubt.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

My opinion is that despite the obvious fact that they are used for disinformation and manipulation, they can still be a positive force. Lots of information like that contained in this thread would find a far smaller audience without them. Surely that is a good thing.

Who is this "they" that everyone goes on about? Every single one of us who posts an opinion, wrong or otherwise, is attempting manipulation. Every single one of us...

Are there people attempting to control opinion? Of course, there are... Everytime, every single time, we voice an opinion we are attempting, through those opinions, to control other opinions.

God gave us a brain to think with. A brain that, with a little effort, can supposedly, again with a little effort, tell the difference between fact and fiction, opinions not withstanding.

What can be done? Think. Think. Think.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Well said Pimander. There are people on both sides of the fence on this issue. My own stance is why wouldn't "they" pay attention to a forum like ATS? Considering it is one of the largest conspiracy sites in the world. We are ripe for cointelpro tactics without a doubt.

Indeed. It would be dereliction of duty to ignore large forums - they are massively important places for us 'political dissidents' to gather.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Cointelpro doesn't have to do anything here. Honestly, the UFO/Conspiracy community is its own worst enemy. There's simply enough noise to data ratio here that the later is lost in the former. This is why these subjects get ridiculed by the mainstream, all they see is the noise.

I have a growing dissatisfaction with the site, as it seems that noise is encouraged, since it drives traffic. Oh, there's always been noise, but there's less and less here to see, to discuss and explore than there was.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"We may not be able to do a great deal to stop COINTELPRO tactics from being employed on our beloved forums. However, "To be forewarned, is to be forearmed."

Truth

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Who is this "they" that everyone goes on about? Every single one of us who posts an opinion, wrong or otherwise, is attempting manipulation. Every single one of us...

The opening post makes it absolutely clear who "they" are. Anybody using COINTELPRO and disinformation tactics on a forum. I even gave some explicit examples as I expected people to act confused.

Originally posted by Pimander
When I mention COINTELPRO in this thread I am referring to the continuing use of the tactics employed in the original FBI program. I also refer to new operations - in particular employed in cyberspace - that are currently in use by the FBI, CIA, NSA and other arms of the state.

I am not accusing all the mods and owners of being in on some plot. They don't have to be. I imagine certain agencies might use the information that can be gathered here, but that is a different story. Even if the owners sell "market research information" or whatever, they wouldn't know where that information is going. The type of tactics we are discussing can be carried out by sock puppets controlled by anybody.
edit on 28/6/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/6/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 28/6/11 by Pimander because: typo again. I REALLY SHOULD DO MY POSTS ON A WORD PROCESSOR SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP DOING THIS!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

cointel pro is real. and it is still in practice today because it works.

supposedly the fed put a stop to it, but there is quite a lot of evidence that points to the contrary

it's widely known that it was put into practice in my homestate of north carolina, back in the 70's.

In 1979, government operatives played key roles in the massacre of communist labor organizers during a multi-racial anti-Klan march in Greensboro, North Carolina. Heading the KKK/Nazi death squad was Ed Dawson, a long-time paid FBI/police informer in the Klan. Leading the local American Nazi Party branch into Dawson's "United Racist Front" was U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms undercover agent Bemard Butkovich. Though their controlling agencies were fully warned of the Front's murderous plans, they did nothing to protect the demonstrators. Instead, the police gave Dawson a copy of the march route and withdrew as his caravan moved in for the kill. Dawson's sharpshooters carefully picked off key cadre of the Communist Workers Party (CWP), including the president and president-elect of two Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union locals, an organizer at a third local mill, and a leader of AFSCME's organizing drive at a nearby medical center. In the aftermath, the FBI attempted to cover up the government's role and to put the blame on the CWP.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Cointelpro doesn't have to do anything here. Honestly, the UFO/Conspiracy community is its own worst enemy. There's simply enough noise to data ratio here that the later is lost in the former. This is why these subjects get ridiculed by the mainstream, all they see is the noise.

I have a growing dissatisfaction with the site, as it seems that noise is encouraged, since it drives traffic. Oh, there's always been noise, but there's less and less here to see, to discuss and explore than there was.

The noise has almost become deafening.

Real data isn't flashly and Dan Brown enough for the average conspiracy fan.

The site doesn't need any help from the FBI or CIA. Conspiracy fans are doing enough damage on their own.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I was being somewhat facetious with that first sentence... I know who people usually mean when they say the "they" word...

On most sites, at least the ones I frequent, mods/owners do control content and attempt to steer the conversation. I've lost count of the sites that no longer welcome my IP 'cause I'm a somewhat contrarian voice at times.

Sites like ATS don't do that. I know some of you don't believe that, and you're welcome to that belief... But from my position behind the curtain I can safely say I've never seen it happen.

Does it happen? Hell yes, it does. That's why it's so very important to utilize multiple sources for your information seeking. But I gotta ask, what's different, other than quantity, between the internet and the local libraries books? Books, too, seek to control thinking, and alter opinion. I submit that, other than availability and sheer unadulterated quantity there is absolutely no difference.

It's always been up to us to sort the chaff from the wheat. That'll never change.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

I know cointel pro is real ..but full payed agents on ATS ? I dont think so ...what will derail here ? Nuclear false flag attack in Berlin on 26th june?
... If there are some guys here i think they are in very small number 3 or 4 (part time job) ..and specified on some topics and boards which have some true and "dangerous" info but every sharp individual will find a path to truth no matter of derailng and disinfo.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Being an ex ICA (Intelligence Community analyst) I have to say that in cases of questionable core collections of data between the Clandestine Service Operations online, and Intelligence Community analysts, it is the responsibility of a Collection Management Officer (CMO) to manage the collection, evaluation and dissemination of NSA/DHS intelligence information . Managing the collection effort requires determining what US policymakers need to know and then communicating those requirements to an Operations Officer. To a CMO in the intel industry, a site like this works essentially like an electronic carnivorous flower trap. It attracts its victims by its promising and appetizing content, and once the fly is deep enough the trap closes.

Most here are, as I mentioned in earlier replies, harmless posters looking for some nice and wild theories just to kill some time of daily boredom. But there are some really dangerous individuals, exchanging encoded info via apparently harmless posts about aliens, the usual gov conspiracy theories etc.  The perpetrators are anything from mentally unstable youngsters/hackers like Ryan Cleary (suffers from asbergers syndrome) to muslim fundamentalists, all using various forums as info change instead of the usual email/cell exchange. 

This site is too valuable to be closed. Its vast membership serves a purpose to both NSA and DHS Clandestine Service as one of many great intel gathering sites on the world wide web.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Newts

Yes, Godlike productions is one of the biggest culprits. Censorship is not the only worry on that forum.

Funnily enough, one of the banned words/phrases on GLP is, "above top secret!"

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
This site is too valuable to be closed. Its vast membership serves a purpose to both NSA and DHS Clandestine Service as one of many great intel gathering sites on the world wide web.

Indeed. The NSA must have though it was Christmas when ATS came along. Imagine how useful it is for data mining. It staggers me when so many members are still naive enough to think intelligence agencies are not interested.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

OK, you hooked me with this one... Care to elucidate further? These purposes are?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by johncarter

Indeed. The NSA must have though it was Christmas when ATS came along. Imagine how useful it is for data mining. It staggers me when so many members are still naive enough to think intelligence agencies are not interested.

Absolutely

But; then
What do you do?

The apparent counter to that is to
Shut Up!
remain silent
Be a good little Citizen

I am a citizen of the truth
I am beholden to Justice
Honor
Love; and Kindness
FREEDOM
edit on 28-6-2011 by Newts because: FREEDOM

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by johncarter

OK, you hooked me with this one... Care to elucidate further? These purposes are?

Sounds like he's saying sites like ATS are great places to get a barometer reading, and a consensus of what CT's think. Also great places to pose a simple question, and get a consensus on the answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

NSA/DHS/CIA and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) is implementing multiple tools for tip reporting to allow the public and law enforcement partners to report tip information regarding crimes within the jurisdiction of NSA/DHS/CIA and ICE. An ICA evaluates whether the proposed core collection of information from various forums (like this and similar) with an ongoing activity deemed as a threat to national security carries sufficient value, including whether the information will have practical utility, necessary for proper countermeasures from NHS/DHS/CIA.

Is that clear enough?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join