It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Art Of The Gut

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty
I am very in touch with my gut. Problem is, i don't always listen, and it has bitten me several times....Its very hard to listen, because once you start going down the path your gut tells you to go down....you begin to second guess yourself.

This is where you figure out whether trusting yourself is more important than trusting what you have been conditioned to think.

Listen to yourself...that little voice inside...that voice WILL NOT LIE...un-like the conditioning most of mankind has been dosed with.

Our "gut"...that voice in our head...just "knowing" what to do when a decision must be made....man kind asks...how do we know we are enlightened? How do we know we are awake?

Listen to the VOICE...we have always been awake, enlightened...etc....most have just forgotten...it's all about REMEMBERING, people...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
S&F

I agree with you 100%. In 2007, I had a very eye opening event, only what can be explained as a near death experience. Ever since then, I have learned to trust my intuition. I started meditating, doing yoga to prepare my body and mind for meditation, and now I am aware of so many things around me.

I am glad that you posted this thread and I hope that it encourages others to start listening to "the little voice" inside themselves because it always knows.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
To be honest I am incapable of knowing what another person is feeling. Often my own feelings within I associate with others, and so my first "gut" instinct is typically wrong in most cases. People are just not trustworthy!

I think everyone is a feeling person and that everyone uses emotions above logic, but I am so wrong; now I lock myself away from the "unfeeling" ones who show themselves; I lock myself away for their own safety!

I keep forgetting this and often I open my heart to the heartless! Such a blunderer I am!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Your gut has a brain.....The Enteric Nervous System
and your heart....

The heart's nervous system contains around 40,000 neurons, called sensory neurites, which detect circulating hormones and neurochemicals and sense heart rate and pressure information. Hormonal, chemical, rate and pressure information is translated into neurological impulses by the heart's nervous system and sent from the heart to the brain through several afferent (flowing to the brain) pathways. It is also through these nerve pathways that pain signals and other feeling sensations are sent to the brain. These afferent nerve pathways enter the brain in an area called the medulla, located in the brain stem. The signals have a regulatory role over many of the autonomic nervous system signals that flow out of the brain to the heart, blood vessels and other glands and organs. However, they also cascade up into the higher centers of the brain, where they may influence perception, decision making and other cognitive processes.

source
So when they say "oh its just it's nerves, its not in any pain" when a beheaded animal/human is still moving you can rest assured they are unable to handle the reality of this brutal world.
I just broke up with my GF because of what my gut brain told me, I think we all need to start listening.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I love this post and thread....Kudos!!! It reminds me of being a free agent. Abstract that thought away from football or any sports. What of's, should of's and could of's? I believe our government and in general our society has Nerfed the population, so as,limit free speech and quell any opposition points of view.

As far as our government goes, I like trust but verify....well maybe not, they have lost all trust, so I'll go with verify or throw them out of office.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Our “GUT Feeling” as you put it, is “INSPIRATION” from “The Outer True Mind” or LIFE.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Gut instinct is the way to go. I use it all the time and it has gotten me out of quite a few harry situations. At work I can tell when my boss is comming in unannounced. I'll tell my associates that I have a feeling she is gonna visit today..and she does. I know who it is calling me when someone who is important to me is on the other line.
The only thing I haven't had to test it out with is when a family member is in danger (thank God) and I hope I never have that happen. But I have known when my husbands car broke down and was on my way to get him before he called.

I have to say, that it does seem as though it is a hive mind thing. But just with the people that are on the same frequency I am? Because I can't use it with a total stranger (unless I sense he/she is gonna do me harm) But I am very in tune to the people that are close to me in every day life.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
To be honest I am incapable of knowing what another person is feeling. Often my own feelings within I associate with others, and so my first "gut" instinct is typically wrong in most cases. People are just not trustworthy!

I think everyone is a feeling person and that everyone uses emotions above logic, but I am so wrong; now I lock myself away from the "unfeeling" ones who show themselves; I lock myself away for their own safety!

I keep forgetting this and often I open my heart to the heartless! Such a blunderer I am!

This isn't necessarily about knowing what others are feeling, though that could be a part of it obviously. It's about knowing yourself, and your instincts, and learning to let that intuition guide you, within reason of course.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is a fine line between gut-instinct and the grinding or fear we feel at times in the same place as a physical thing.

So it takes some time to learn how each thing Feels to us individually. And once we can discern between our own created Feelings via our Thoughts, the grinding of new information against Beliefs, and what comes Naturally as information Feel, we find the task easier and can follow our gut intuitions accordingly.

I don't think those information laden gut untuitions are ever wrong, although I base this on knowing the differences of the above for my own personal use.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think the main reason why I ignore my intuition somtimes is that I can't tell between intuition and paranoia..
I get the feeling something is wrong or might go wrong and 90% I had nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I call it my 'mom skills.' That awareness and intuition of of the world about you and how I (or my loved ones) will be affected.

I guess that is why I am online and can't sleep in the middle of the night...my mom senses have been telling me something is 'off' normal...but in an odd, not us but all around all of us way.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Eat more natural foods and stay away from this crap they are feeding us. It clouds your higher intuitive abilities. Most of all I relax to them. Bend your own limits and if you feel like playing around with it do so. Everyone wants to do the Jedi thing lol. No problem with play even trying to make yourself believe you are capable of it. And if it does happen make sure you also relax to the abilities. I have since come to understand that we do live in a holographic universe and we can play around with it. But be careful because gravity tends to be tighter and heavier around the people who are deeply rooted in their thinking.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Op, nice thread, interesting question, very interestingly asked. s&f
GUT ? so that's what some are calling it these days? (interesting)
well ok, yeppers my gut and i communicate frequently and seldom do i miss a beat anymore. Very interesting topics we discuss, truly interesting reactions from both sides ... some even worthy a novel.

however, in many circles, what y'all call 'gut' or intuition or sixth sense ... others refer to as 'universal source'.
guess it kinda depends on how you look at it i suppose. (very interesting indeed)

something for you to enjoy, read and re-read the book titled "Tapping Universal Source" / Wenner - author.

discovering the Source of your "intuition" is a journey all by itself, do enjoy ... leave all your baggage at the door, sit down quietly minus ALL distractions (it's a short read) and discover the energy that is you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I hate to repeat, but I agree - this is a great idea for a thread
I been insomniac and reading threads all night, not sure how or why I skipped this one

I always trust my gut feelings, and I think it has a 98% credibility rating with me
I only FOLLOW my gut feelings about 75% of that 98% (usually in a better safe than sorry situation)

and I only attribute the missing 2% to things that have not yet been proven (like Bono is the antichrist, I've had that gut feeling since 1987)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I have learned to really respect and use this part of my instincts, a lot of it through working with horses. It becomes super important to listen to such feedback within you in that context, sometimes it could mean the difference between life and death (or at least some nasty injuries).

It has given me a whole different interpretation of the word "fear"- there is mental fear which is one thing and largely useless, as far as I can tell (fear created by the intellect and it's ideas about reality and the future) and then there is "gut fear" which is a very useful system of information and valuable! Some people use that term in refering to ones reactions to the fear, as automatic knee jerk defenses (flee or fight) but I distinguish between the actual experience of the fear and the response I choose to channel it into, which doesn't necessarily have to be automatic nor fight or flee.... especially if you learn to really listen and acknowledge it and have your intellect working WITH it, instead of being overpowered by it.

I really find working with a horse a way to learn to appreciate and work with the gut instincts, especially becaus of their own sensitive nature which is highly sympathetic -they are easily influenced by the bodies of those around them and end up being sort of like a bio-feedback machine!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I believe that gut feeling is produced by the brain making many calculations based on stimuli, only showing the endresult to the self which can then choose to ignore or explore it. In the past, life was simpler and there were less variables to be taken into the calculation so gut feelings were easier to understand and follow for our ancestors. Each generation the gut feeling was transmitted maybe subconsciously or as something taken for granted.

But then life became more complex, more stimuli and more variables went into the brain which still does it calculations according to the "old system". What has changed is the time it takes to finish the calculation and present this to the self which might have already moved on and dismisses the information without looking at it.

Around adolescence there is so much more stimuli and so many variables the brain has to work with, it takes longer for a calculation to finish and the self just doesn't want to wait for it and makes a choice based on memory/previous experience. In today's society where everything needs to be done right away and where time is money, thoughts need to be fast. People coming together for a longer period of time exploring a subject isn't viable anymore.

Also because of science and general misconceptions about the body and mind people believe they have to guide the brain themselves instead of an approach where part of the brain just works on it's own showing only the endresult to the self (not letting it partake in the actual calculations as this would take too much time), this appears like someone doesn't really know what they're doing and looks unintelligent.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You said a lot in a very short space. Very insightful, and well articulated. I agree.

And my gut agrees with you too.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I hate to repeat, but I agree - this is a great idea for a thread I been insomniac and reading threads all night, not sure how or why I skipped this one

Thanks for the kind words. I'm surprised it has done this well. It isn't easy to compete with: PROOF!!! The Royal Family's Ancestors Built The City On Mars.
I very much appreciate everyones participation.

I always trust my gut feelings, and I think it has a 98% credibility rating with me I only FOLLOW my gut feelings about 75% of that 98% (usually in a better safe than sorry situation)

What I suspected when I wrote the OP seems to be the case indeed. We trust our intuition to the degree that we have learned thats what is speaking to us in a brief instant before our conscious mind drowns it out. And the way it comes thru in that instant, is unique to each of us, even though it comes from the same place in all of us.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Klassified because: grammar cops

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join