It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station crew forced to evacuate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

International Space Station crew forced to evacuate

www.telegraph.co.uk

The six-member crew of the International Space Station wereforced to evacuate to two Russian Soyuz rescue space vehicles after spotting incoming debris that threatened to flatten the fragile craft

he space junk missed the craft by 820ft, a Russian space industry source tolkd the Interfax news agency
"The space junk was detected too late for a ducking manoeuvre," the source told Interfax.
"The six ISS crew members received instructions to transfer to the Soyuz vehicles," the Russian source said.
An official at Russian space control outside Moscow said by telephone that such incidents
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

"This is not an emergency operation. They have standing instructions to that effect," the spokeswoman said.

really?

This does however raise the discussion of space junk and debris again. Perhaps there will be more on this story.

However expect one of the recently announced experiments for removing space junk to receive multi billion dollar funding in the next months. Any of the companies involved listed?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know how they are going to handle all the Elenin debris when it nails us. Between the crazy sun flares and all the upcoming debris, they are going to have a huge insurance rate.
edit on 28-6-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Um, Holy Crap. That had to be so scary for them. Glad I'm down here. I'm not going up there untill we have stronger metals. lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wonder if this space debris can be associated with the asteriod that came soooo close to us on June 27, yesterday. It really is a coincident isn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Add to existing Thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THREAD CLOSED!

hehe always wanted to do that

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

LOL brilliant

and was it really space junk??

and if it was, they wanna start doing some maintenance!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"The space junk was detected too late...."- how is that possible? You'd think NASA would be tracking every object no matter how big or small that's anywhere near the ISS. Not good......

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

yes, being in orbit you would expect all the debris to be mapped and of predictable velocity and movement arc around Earth or am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Major Ed Dames predicted this would happen as the first sign of things going 'belly up'. For those of you who don't know he is ex US military who helped establish remote viewing in the US military.

www.youtube.com...

From Coast to Coast radio earlier this year. There is a video somewhere too....as soon as I find it, I'll post the link.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

join