It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"One Save Games" to hit market, limit used sales, only lets you play game once thru

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
Originally posted by gabbermatt

So if my assumption is right, it's an easy work around. Don't grab that last item.

if i have never played the game before how would i know what the last item is? or even where the game ends?
i would have to guess and for all i know miss completing the last 2 levels because i guessed the game ended earlier than it actually did.

edit to add: also you would never see how the game ends, do they live happily ever after? etc etc.

edit on 2-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

ALOT (I want to say MOST) of games basically require a strategy guide to get 100%

You ever try to get every single mask in Majora's Mask? Anyone that claims to have gotten ALL the masks with out the guide had to use a guide of some sort (This includes someone saying 'No go here and get this then do this")

I said it before i'll say it again just to reiterate... I think the idea is dumb as hell... I'm just already thinking of ways around it, ultimately would probably mod my PS3 and buy a blu-ray burner for my comp and start just pirating the games.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Save data is NOT stored on the disc. It is in the HDD, which you can delete the saved data any time you wish.
Saounds like the onion to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dont worry about it, they are not that dumb. Capcom does not really have any good games any ways. People will protest by not buying the game or just hacking it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
this is hilarious, im left speechless by the marvel in our modern world

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It'd suck if true.

I bought Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES used nearly 20 years ago and at first I stupidly played the file still on there with just the Ganon boss fight to do.

Imagine if I couldn't erase that data (as I did), I wouldn't have been able to play such an amazing game. I hope this never happens and Capcom change their minds.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
i play XBOX, so this wouldn't affect me for a while (if ever at all), as you cannot save DVD's. Of course, give MS a chance, and they will make it do something like that.

I buy games for online play only. I could care less about a game unless it has a robust LIVE experience. I have pretty much narrowed my once extensive, 50 game collection to 4 games: COD IV, COD World At War, COD: MW II, COD Black Ops. Those are the only games we have any more other than Top Spin 3 (my oldest son plays it).

Nintendo is a crappy gaming platform in every way. I just sold my Wii, as i hadn't touched it in 2 years.

Capcom peaked with Street Fighter. Since then, they pretty much have sucked. I don't think they will be successful with this, unless parents are stupider than I think.

Actually it will probably affect you from the start.

Why do people assume it would need to save anything to the media.

In your case they could just tie the game to your live account.

Or as others have stated just use a serial and online check/activation.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions Save Files Are Permanent

So now it looks like a different company, Namco, is implementing the same thing in their upcoming game "Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions". Because putting limitations on their CDs worked out SO WELL for the record companies. So why not follow suit.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
HI i just bought the game homefront used and played the campain then i started to play online and got to level 5 then it said i needed a battle code to advance any farther in rank then i called gamestop and they told me there doing that because of used game sales so i had to buy ms points to get the code so i could enjoy my 40.00dollar game. star an flag on the post

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join