It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teresa Heinz Kerry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A woman who has committed herself through the years to fighting against dictatorial oppression in places like the Soviet Union is hardly someone I would consider to be a threat. To me, Hillary Clinton is far more threatening with her militancy and power than Theresa ever could be.

I believe Theresa would be a fantastic first lady. Very savvy, very helpful to those she champions (as well as the country on the whole) and a welcome delight to our friends and allies around the world.

I think smart, independent-minded women (who also have big bucks) scare the bejeezus out of those folks who are stuck in Leave it to Beaver World. To them I say, wake the CHENEY up and get with the 21-century already!

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
How can she associate with a group she has had no reason to ever associate with?I do feel that the mrs. is just as important as the man running because that is who has the primary influence over him.

Ahhh, now I understand what you are saying.

1 - Anyone can associate with groups that they have no reason to
associate with because they feel the need to, or the calling to, or
they are moved to, or they find a reward in some way for doing so.
Mother Teresa's nuns come from all walks of life ... rich, poor, in the
middle. They come from all over the planet, and they get shipped
all over the planet. They live poor lives along side the poor. They have
no 'reason' to do so, except that they are called to do so.

2 - Yes, the first lady is important. I agree with you. She influences
the president to some degree. She's the mate. She's the one that
he may (or may not) bounce things off of, or talk to first, or get input
from, etc. etc. In this case, I think Terry Kerry and John Kerry are
basically two peas in a pod and there probably won't be any 'influence'
upon him ... they seem to be already almost exactly alike and in
agreement in all matters. Well, all matters except G.W.'s behavior
on 9/11. Terry Kerry said she 'admired' Bush's actions that day.
John Kerry said that G.W. didn't move fast enough.

In the case of Laura Bush. I see her as a positive influence on G.W.
She's a woman of class. She's a calm librarian. She's wonderful.
When G.W. said that comment about wanting UBL 'dead or alive,
like the old west posters' ... she gave him a talking to and you never
heard it again.

[edit on 8/11/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Disclaimer: I'm not an anyone supporter, I'm just wondering if there's a reason we should or shouldn't be worried about her, I have seen nothing of any slander campaign against her. (and it does sort of concearn me that arnold schwar...whatever is foreign and has power)

Where TK was born is of little importance.

And sure, there's plenty of reason to be concerned about her. Her extreme wealth worries me Being privileged is one thing, being a billionare is another. Her outspoken list could be a problem if kerry was elected and she decided she wanted to be more than First Lady.
But most bothersome is her husband who would surely be bad for America. Worse than any of us ever thought Bush or Clinton would be.
FWIW, it's also scary that kerry has a cousin who ran for president in france, and is now the mayor of some place in france.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
TherAYsa Hines Scary Kerry, ultra wealthy, attempting to purchase power in American politics. She just may be the best thing the Republicans have going for 'em. This broad has no class, obviously cannot control her tongue, and certainly cannot hold a candle to the likes of Laura Bush, or Nancy Reagan. I see recently less of her in the media, wonder why? She's a spoiled brat, knows nothing of politics, and is just as flip floppin as her scary lookin' husband. John the gladiator would do well to keep her out of the public eye.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Isn't she (hillary) a card carrying communist?
Don't hurt me if it isn't true, I've just had that said to me many times.

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
A woman who has committed herself through the years to fighting against dictatorial oppression in places like the Soviet Union is hardly someone I would consider to be a threat. To me, Hillary Clinton is far more threatening with her militancy and power than Theresa ever could be.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Isn't she (hillary) a card carrying communist?
Don't hurt me if it isn't true, I've just had that said to me many times.

Truthfully, I don't know. Being a card-carrying communist is a bit passe' at this point. She does have an agenda, though.

As for the derogatory statements above concerning Theresa, your partisanship trounces any logic within. Got any real concerns? And can you answer this, why was Theresa ok when she was married to THE billionaire Republican Senator John Heinz? (He left her that money, for the record, after 25 years of marriage.) I don't think anyone would have a problem inheriting money. So, it's really not fair to criticize her for her current bank statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
This broad has no class, obviously cannot control her tongue, and certainly cannot hold a candle to the likes of Laura Bush, or Nancy Reagan. She's a spoiled brat, knows nothing of politics, and is just as flip floppin as her scary lookin' husband.

Ah well no matter how much good things someone does, there will always be the kind of people like yourself, finding a way with words to trashtalk great people.
It's nothing new and fortunately this chick realizes that ignoring people like you is the best way to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Ah well no matter how much good things someone does, there will always be the kind of people like yourself, finding a way with words to trashtalk great people.
It's nothing new and fortunately this chick realizes that ignoring people like you is the best way to deal with it.

I am obliged to voice a dissenting opinion on the likes of Mrs. Kerry. I did not expect to be popular for doing so. She obviously is using her money to attempt to purchase the presidency for her hubby and her self, to further their political aims. She is a hothead. Now I know what opinions are like, they are similar to degrees, which one can find on a rectal thermometer. I think TherAYsa is bad for the Kerry campaign, that she will turn off voters because of her crass personality.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't have thought she was any more okay if she were married to a republican. I don't care who they are paired with, it would just make me nervous that someone has significant as the first lady was born and raised completely out of the country. I have seen nothing to show me that her priorities are with the US or it's people to date. I don't want the white house prioritizing personal loyalties more than nation-wide ones. (I see staying with native born citizens as a possible way to try to avoid this)

So far, nobody has said anything that can refute the idea that she doesn't have any common background to the average american. She isn't even from the same hemispere, let alone the same country.

I do understand that you can choose to associate with a group, which is a good point. My concearn is: what if she doesn't choose to associate with the common American, as there has been nothing in her past that has made her have to?

Truthfully, I don't know. Being a card-carrying communist is a bit passe' at this point. She does have an agenda, though.

As for the derogatory statements above concerning Theresa, your partisanship trounces any logic within. Got any real concerns? And can you answer this, why was Theresa ok when she was married to THE billionaire Republican Senator John Heinz? (He left her that money, for the record, after 25 years of marriage.) I don't think anyone would have a problem inheriting money. So, it's really not fair to criticize her for her current bank statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If you're so concerned about her loyalty research the work she does. I'm sure you'll find you have nothing to worry about. She's got more experience with the poor than either of us combined (and I've been in some very poverty stricken places, like the Navajo reservation in AZ and Iraq and Saudi Arabia). She used to go with her father (who was a dr.) into the field to treat sick Africans. She hasn't always had a silver spoon in her mouth. Ultimately, you'll make your own decision; I just hope you explore the whole picture and not just one side of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join