It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Country, My Ass!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This was being played on AM630 KHOW in Denver this morning, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. I'm posting the link to the performer's website as well as KHOW's. I think this sums up a lot of what's going on with the country today, so I thought I'd share it with the ATS gang. Love it or hate it, here it is. The song is FREE for download.

My Country, My Ass! (Official Site)

Official MP3 Download Page (Contains both the Censored and Uncensored versions)

Here is the KHOW coverage of it.

Last, but not least, here is a Youtube video with the lyrics.

edit on 28-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I don't think this song will make the billboard charts, but the lyrics ring true.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ok I know this is a bit strange but when I saw the title “my country my ass” and read the OP’s opening statements and then the song started with the sheep I genuinely thought for the first minute of this song that it was about Gay rights in America.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
so true in every aspect that i could not disagree with one word that was said.

This country has changed and is no longer the land of milk and honey.

Thanks op

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ya nice song,,, so true.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm going to pass this on to my local Drive time guy, Mike Trivisonno.

I'm curious if he has the cajones to play it. I think he will, but mamngement might be another story.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't have many flags of my own but if there was a way to just give them all to you I would. If it wasn't for the fact that it is true enough to be sad and disturbing, that would be the most awesome thing I have seen/heard in a very long time.
And, I know I believe it's true because I thought about FBing it and then figured that might not be a good idea....
When you worry so much about what kind of information you share and what you say....well, the video said it all.

FLAG!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That's for all the positive feedback. I don't look at this song as a Republican or Democrat oriented song either. It's about America and Freedom, and how they've chipped away at our liberties. Let's hope more and more people can wake up, and see what's going on. I think ATS is a good place for people to share information like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i think this is a very good song on where we are and where we are headed

when people have nothing left to loose, well they have nothing to loose.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Good video. Loved the lyrics, especially the part where he says, "If your the kind of people who fought our wars, tell me, how'd we ever win??

Good one.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Nice find!

We used to have a bill of rights, I think they took our rights and sent us the bill...

Truer words could not have been spoken

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well that's funny, they were playing the same song on AM 760 today! On the Thom Hartmann show though, which is national rather than local and I believe it records at 10 am. Not sure what time the Peter Boyles show comes on but I doubt they knew it was playing on that station either way.

Could it be... That we have a little something more in common than we might think? Maybe I will turn the radio dial. Probably not though. I grew up listening to Limbaugh every day, pretty sure I get the conservative viewpoint by now.

Besides, I play roller derby with Boyles' daughter, and she' says he's full of crap.

Awesome song though!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I like this one. Ignore the outdated stuff in the vid from the last election cycle and just concentrate on the lyrics.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well I can honestly say that sums it all up in so many different ways.

I am not from the USA, I am originally from the UK and have been residing in Australia for the last 4 years, but moving back home very shortly. But most of the content within that song, ditty, whatever you wanna call it rings true on so many different levels. The comments that I regularly see posted on sites such as ATS and the like are all negative not just about the US, but the world as a whole. People are just not happy anymore, the weight of negativity seems to weigh everybody down like a ton of bricks hanging from necks of humans, right across the board. The dark, smelly cloud seems to lingering above us and we all seem to be wishing for the sun to come out and brighten the day, but it never happens does it?

The world never used to like this, I have never had much, and many people I have known throughout my life have been as broke as me, but we always used to have a smile on our faces and just got on with it. I think as you get older you do start to grumble and moan, everybody says that the oldies moan. But what I have noticed today is that even the youth of today moan and moan constantly. Now people say that the youth of today have a damn sight more than what we used to have when we were their age, so why do they moan then? Is everything relative to what generation you are brought up in?

I think that it goes without saying that we are in a very dark period in history and at some time in the not too distant future something is going to give, I truly believe that we are in grave times, as do many millions of others around the world.

Remember that other song, 'Love is in the air, everywhere I look around.' Well I believe something is in the air, I can feel it, and so can you, and it certainly isn't love, is it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Great song lol

I got one, CAUTION, this song and video is not for the light hearted, it is not for those who are in denial, it is for those who want to seek the truth and for those who know the truth, the best descriptive rap song describing the discussion in ATS:

edit on 29-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Everyone that has commented in this thread or even listened to part of the video on youtube is now on a Sovereign Citizen watchlist.

Welcome to the NWO, folks.

edit on 29-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

thanks for sharing the tune. i'm surprised there are stations left that would play a selection not on a computer generated spread sheet. seems like most small indie stations have been plucked up over the years.

i pretty much gave up on local radio years ago. in the NYC area too many stations try to cater to too wide an audience. there have been great C/W, rock & jazz stations but they always get taken over by some broadcasting giant that doesn't employ live DJ's.

i hope people will request airplay for this song and that we hear more like it. there used to be so many well made protest and anti-war songs. we need them again, to wake people up and get them angry about what is going on.

-- in the spirit of those who buck the system I have to mention a rare not-for-profit station that is listener supported, manned by volunteers and has very diverse programming. they take no money from the man:
wfmu.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Dude, we're paying the same tax rate as we were in the 50's.
If it gets any lower we are going to be getting money back.

I agree our freedom snatched after 9/11 needs to be reinstated.
This is the most convincing reason to investigate that event leaving no stone unturned.
If we can prove it was a conspiracy it will be the greatest inspiration to fight and get those freedoms back.

That is how you start your revolution, not by running away from the Truthers - but by embracing them.

If you can't prove 9-11 was staged - You can't even prove there is a conspiracy within our government.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Good song!

I've known for a long time "my country" was never mine.

The fact that I am expected to fork out enormous amounts of money to buy a tiny piece of "my country" woke me up to that clever mind control technique.

It's not your country - it's the bank's.
edit on 29/6/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
Everyone that has commented in this thread or even listened to part of the video on youtube is now on a Sovereign Citizen watchlist.

Welcome to the NWO, folks.

edit on 29-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

If our government were so together and organized they could monitor every isolated conversation, we would have to start worrying. But why bother when facebook and google are already monitoring the web for them?
Thing is there needs to be more than one indicator that points at you. By itself, a conversation means nothing. You could be a schoolkid.

new topics

top topics

join