It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons posing as aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why can't it be possible? I am more inclined to this than an exterior intelligent race. Demons posed as false gods for the first civilizations now they pose as aliens (the times they are a changin').

According to the Fermi paradox if aliens existed their presence should be obvious by now. Some scientists have suggested that the aliens would choose not to reveal themselves to us. However, the Drake equation estimated that at least 10,000 advanced civilizations exist in the Milky Way. Carl Sagan raised the estimate to 1,000,000.

So the question remains, Where are they? Would all those civilizations stay at home or choose to conceal themselves from us? It seems highly unlikely. It would seem more likely that they do not exist.But demons and/or maybe inter dimensional beings, i believe it's more plausible.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I've got a better idea - aliens posing as demons. What better way to ingrain their idea throughout our evolution than to inbed themselves as spiritual entities based around religion!

And there are many reasons why we haven't seen aliens yet, one being the shear size of the Universe and whether or not these other civilisations have technologically progressed more than us - another being that perhaps we are considered to be some sort of No-Go zone just like the Star Trek Prime Directive of non-interference.
edit on 28/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This made me think of the shows I've seen where people are investigating ghosts or spirits that they believe are evil or demons. I think it's interesting to think that these demon/evil spirits could mess with the Aliens. So can the demon spirits reach Aliens in there ships or does the Alien have to be physically on the planet? Is this why Aliens don't walk around on the planet very often because the demon/evil spirits can get them. Or could the alien have died here on the planet and he's the one that's now a demon spirit? I say hmmmm...Okay for those who believe that there are no demons...it's okay I agree to disagree. As far as I'm concerned no one knows the truth until you die.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
First of all you need to define what you mean by "aliens".
Germs? Plants? Insects? Tribes? A civilization thats technologically 1000 years behind? A Civilization thats 1000 years ahead?

Lets say there was an alien civilization in a solar system close by. That doesn't mean they have the technology to contact us, visit us or aknowledge in any way that they exist just like we werent able to do that up until not long ago.

By this I mean we have several methods of potential communication methods to possibly contact other civilizations. Even then, who says that they use the same methods of communication and that they understand?

You raise an interesting point however. I guess anything is possible as we are far from all-knowing. Who knows what's out there!

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What do we have?

a. Aliens pretending to be supernatural entities
b. Demons (supernatural) taking the form of contemporary myth.

Either way - there is no possible way to confirm either proposition a or b.

However, one of the best theories I have seen is the one presented in "Supernatural" by Graham Hancock. In his book it is proposed that visiting aliens somehow project, into the minds of observers, some sort of contemporary mythical image or being. The example, examined in depth, is that Faeries most closely fit the ET hypothesis.

Well worth the read - and includes some excellent theories by Jacques Vallee - who was one of the first to postulate that aliens were inter-dimensional and that they disguised themselves as mythical entities, contemporaneous with the time, hence, Faeries and folklore associated with them, closely matches the behaviour and MO of current ET/human interaction, including the alien/faery abduction phenomena.

Personally I am drawn more to the technological reasoning behind aliens than a supernatural one - mainly because if we have demons we must also have god - and the books tell us God would not allow the demon such power over humanity.

Just puttin' it out there.

ETA: A number of interesting papers by Jacques Vallee - www.jacquesvallee.net...
edit on 28/6/2011 by Nazirite because: ETA: Papers link

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'd say anytime you see an E.T., you're seeing either a demon or an angel. I'll be straight up with you. I'm not looking for attention or anything, just trying to raise awareness. I've seen both.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This topic has been covered some many times it is now just regurgitation.

There are just three of many.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i just think we are trying to find alien intelligent life in the wrong place. Outside instead of inside (alternate dimensions).

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What if aliens came to this planet, and then died, and after they died they became demons?????? SO THEY BECAME ALIEN DEMONS!! So they would be demons from another realm AND another planet, homigod!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can you provide actual evidence of either?

I'll wait...

No?

Ok. So I'd say it's aliens posing as the Easter Bunny and demons posing as Barney the Dinosaur.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

I'll wait...

No?

Ok. So I'd say it's aliens posing as the Easter Bunny and demons posing as Barney the Dinosaur.

That isn't entirely true, is it?

One could argue that there is primary source evidence in the form of written codices and scrolls which talk about demons and their provenance.
An alternate argument, of course, could be to discredit these primary sources as merely "Myth"

Ultimately it rests on how you wish to interpret the evidence as Myth or Fact and not on a lack of evidence.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nazirite

I'll wait...

No?

One could argue that there is primary source evidence in the form of written codices and scrolls which talk about demons and their provenance.
An alternate argument, of course, could be to discredit these primary sources as merely "Myth"

Ultimately it rests on how you wish to interpret the evidence as Myth or Fact and not on a lack of evidence.

So with that same argument, you could say that Harry Potter is real. I don't mean a literary figure or a icon of popular culture, but an actual living, interacting entity.

He has been written about, so that's evidence? I like your mind, but I don't agree with your argument.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'll wait...

No?

Naughty

Your argument is fallacious - verging on constructing a Strawman in the form of Harry Potter.

HP is verifiably fiction - this can be proved. However, the veracity of historical documents cannot be proven either way and can be used in hypothesis, with caveat, to postulate something as myth or fact = equally valid but never conclusive. Therefore a hypothesis can only use the fact or myth aspect as a tool for development and should neither be discarded or incorporated as conclusive evidence either way.

Both argument are valid.

Thanks, nice argument.

ETA: Sorry if this is a little confusing - haven't sussed how to do the quotes properly yet

edit on 28/6/2011 by Nazirite because: Trouble with Tribbles (quotes)

edit on 28/6/2011 by Nazirite because: More trouble with Tribbles

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nazirite

I apologize for constructing the foundation for my strawman. That's true. I was simply trying to point out the validation of historical documents vs. fiction becomes more blurry the further back we go into our own timeline. I did a poor job of saying so.

Typing is a pain.

Point Nazirite.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story . I believe you are onto something!

I believe EVERY WORD of the Bible and it is my belief, that ALL angels (good and bad) are with us...some to deceive and others to assist mankind. We need to always seek His guidance and pray for discerning of these spirits.

Have had a so called sleep paralysis happen which I believe was demonic in nature - NOT being MY OWN mind doing it.

Again, thanks for sharing, S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Nazirite

I apologize for constructing the foundation for my strawman. That's true. I was simply trying to point out the validation of historical documents vs. fiction becomes more blurry the further back we go into our own timeline. I did a poor job of saying so.

Typing is a pain.

Point Nazirite.

Thanks Wicket - I understand your point/s

I just wanted to point out that sometimes it is impossible to be conclusive. Generally speaking we have three conclusions with any evidence present or apparent.

a. True
b. False
c. Inconclusive

Our cultures create an environment were we are forced to always choose option a or b as valid. There is, of course, also option c. Inconclusive - This is a very important option in that it allows to further develop a theory/s without having to always come to a hasty, insufficient, conclusion.

Opinions of a. True - or b. False tend to kill a theory and forces people into opposing camps when they should still be working in collaboration to create, at least, some form of concensus to finding the real answer.

It is a bit like the Political Paradigm - where a nation is forced into conformity, illusion of Democracy and a fractured collective population.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

The article below dresses your question "where are they" and other problems with the Fermi Paradox.

/bxdofj

tiny url dot com slash bxdofj
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheFlash because: Bad link - doesn't like tiny url dot com

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

The link didn't work for me.....
But I found this one: socyberty.com...
edit on 28-6-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Which are wholly dependent on the perceptions, preconceptions and scientific education of the persons experiencing and relating said information. Even to this day, as evidenced by this site, we still persist in futile attempts to explain what we don't understand by using the most imaginary of descriptors and we will continue to do so until we have true knowledge, not guesses, of what we are observing.

Every person observing any given event, no matter what time they lived in, are limited in context to describing what they are seeing based on the observers education and life experience and when the event blows past those boundary's the human imagination is cranked up to full power to try and makes sense of the event.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not this thread again... There is a lot more evidence that there are ETs than that they are demons, did you know OP? How come many things that were not understood were explained as God's sign and religious mumbo jumbo including natural phenomena? What makes you think Demons exist and any of the religious definition of unknown!??!?!??!

Some who say there's no evidence for aliens. Well you want it to touch your shoulder with its long skinny finger? Really, some say not enough evidence, what do you want? Even if someone showed real alien, I mean imagine someone showed a video or proof of a real being, say times more real that all ever shown so far. Would this change anything? No it won't whoever doesn't believe is true will remain bloody skeptic to the bone! Some videos and pictures from the 70s-80s, some stories of US military are not enough for some, then it would make no difference what you show, even if you showed a piece of alien metal... (speaking of which in one UFO Hunters episode the graph for chemical compounds on alleged pieces of UFO crash showed large amounts of Alluminum and it also had a substance that was not noted in any way and the graph did not display any Identified Chemical - and to the question shouldn't the graph show some chemical even if it does not recognize a substance - the answer was it generally always shows known chemicals)
edit on 28-6-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join