It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with ATS Media area? (Admin)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
For some reason I cannot login. Is anyone else having this problem. I tried different browsers with no luck.
edit on 28-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes! I have been having trouble with this for months, and no suggested remedy fixes it. My last query into the problem went unanswered. I did notice that certain information like the friends count, differed from the rest of my profile, so maybe the media center is seeing a different 'person'.

It's frustrating, for sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really wish Admin would respond to this thread
as I am also having problems with my pictures
in the media area.

I can log-in to the media area but when I click the link
for the my pictures it sends me back to the log-in
screen and says I need to log-in to access this
section. However, I was already logged in when
I clicked the link for my pictures.

Some help from admin would be appreciated.
I cannot upload photos for posts without
this feature.

any response from admins or mods ???

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Do I dare respond to this again???

Yeppers...I do because I think until there is a solution found...or somebody from ATS gives a whoop about it then I am going to continue to complain...adamantly I might add!

OP...here are some link that you might find interesting...although not helpful...the issue has been brought up many times...the problem still exists and your likely to be blown off by staff:

Thread started a few days ago....

Thread started a few weeks ago...

You will find that it is not a new issue here, and you will also find that a solution would be a new issue...good luck...I hope you find a solution!

Several threads...including the two above have brought the issue to light...and after several attempts (including U2U's with the site administrator) the problem still cannot be remedied by ATS...it does not help matters that I had to ask the site administrator continually to please read what already had been said about the issue (firefox will continue to be blamed, although I have never used it) as it seemed that without any investigation into the matter it was automatically my fault (I assume because I am an idiot or so it would seem) and I needed to learn how to use a computer (this is sarcasm at it's finest)!

So here we are...once again...posting a PLEASE HELP me post for the staff at ATS...we shall see how this one goes...stay vigilant...although persistence does not seem to help...I have also tried crying...not much help either.

Prayer might be offered as a suggestion next by staff...nothing would surprise me at this point!

Either way...good luck...I sincerely hope the staff does not blow you off like they have done to me!
edit on 28-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...ran super spell check...still not happy...oh well...

edit on 28-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...changed some wording...

edit on 28-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am going to post again simply to bump this back up on the list...it must have gotten missed...

Why else would it not be responded to?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey there, Ok im not the most media savvy mod but ill give you a few ideas on what i have come across before when helping others with similar issues,

1, Make sure you are "logging" in rather than signing up (obvious i know but it does get missed)

2, Try deleting cookies and Internet data (this has helped others)

3, Have you changed your password? as the media center may not have caught up! in which case i think Admin can set that for you...

Told ya im not that savvy lol but have a go at those 2 and answer the 3rd and ill go from there with you all and try and get you some help.

x

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
3, Have you changed your password? as the media center may not have caught up! in which case i think Admin can set that for you...

At one time the media and forum sites had different password management structures but SkepticOverlord has fixed that issue now. There was a period of time where if you changed your ATS password, the media center password wasn't updated so that could be what happened. If you change your password right now, (And change it back if you like it) then the media access will have the password reset to match what you have on ATS.

This should clear up any login issues you might have there.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I had this exact same problem yesterday. I am brand new and tried to set an avatar and my time zone.

I managed to sign into the media area by enabling that page in Ghostery and better privacy which are firefox addons to provide better security - you have to whitelist that page.

Initially it did not work - that was because abovetopsecret.com is whitelisted but the media area is media.abovetopsecret.com and that was not whitelisted.

So - to summarise, look at your cookie/privacy permissions - therein may lie your answer.

Good luck, Newb

ps. Still have problems setting my time zone - I haven't figured that one yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
neither mod content helped me.
As I already stated
I had already logged in
in the media area and had access
to other stuff, just did not have
access to my pictures.
When I clicked on the link,
it sent me back to the login screen.
Why would I need to login again
and again and again and again.
it is an endless loop.

It is accepting username
and password, it just isn't
letting me access or upload
images.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
neither mod content helped me.
As I already stated
I had already logged in
in the media area and had access
to other stuff, just did not have
access to my pictures.
When I clicked on the link,
it sent me back to the login screen.
Why would I need to login again
and again and again and again.
it is an endless loop.

It is accepting username
and password, it just isn't
letting me access or upload
images.

Yup - exactly the same with me.

Do you use Firefox? If so right click on a clear area of the page and select view page info.

Then select permissions - play around with blocking and allowing the different options - and that may work.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Lets try an experiment...I am going to need one of you mods to help though...

I will U2U you my login name and password...then I would like you to log in to my account and then click on my pictures and see what happens...either of you agreeable to trying this?

We could easily rule out it being my computer that way...and possibly come up with an awnser instead of a bunch of guessing...what do you think? Shall we give it a go?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh well seemed like a good idea...back to the drawing board!

You can see from the other two threads all this has been covered before...and to no avail...the problem still exists...its a fun guessing game though.

Maybe instead of guessing some more we could look at all the previous guesses and rule those out so we are not repeating ourselves...or not!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the media section requires youre origional password, so if youve reset youre password youll need to find your old one.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I have the exact same problem boon...they know about it...they just don't know what to do about it.

Talk about frustration...lets get some answers instead of all this "well it could be..." that is not helping...

My offer to try my account is still standing...I would love for it to be considered as viable and possibly useful...then we could rule out a lot of guessing...in my opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I have three times now addressed this...it is not the password...I have my original...my new one...and my new, new one...none of them result in any different circumstances. The problem still exists.

I wish it were that simple...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Temp solution here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Temp solution here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This solution works IF one is trying to upload a picture.
It does not work, if one just wants to access their folders.

edit on 28-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You know just to be thorough I thought I would try it using the IE 2 Tab add-on so firefox would render the media site using internet explorer. When I did this I could access all my photos without error.

Guess this has something to do with firefox...maybe just the latest 5.0 release?

Anyway use IE and you should be back to normal...
edit on 6/28/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Any ideas for me...I have never used anything but IE?

...it does not help matters that I had to ask the site administrator continually to please read what already had been said about the issue (firefox will continue to be blamed, although I have never used it)

I have luck using your temporary solution...but like the other posters...unless I want to upload some meaningless junk...I can't access my albums (or any pictures for that matter).

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Anyway use IE and you should be back to normal

Don't mean to be a pain, but this is not a (long term) solution.

Anyhoo, another thing to add to S.O's list, I guess.

(As an aside, I *think this problem started for me with Firefox 4.0 when it was in Beta. I did make a note of the issue in a thread back in Jan. so it has been going on since at least Dec '10 however I recently downgraded to 3.6 and upgraded to 5.0 and the problem still exists.)

edit on 28-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join