It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Sea Earth is Over Populated!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Over population has become a subject which some have involved themselves with, to some it is completely true, that earth is over populated by humans and a time will come when sustainability will reach its peak. People have come up with radical solutions, different solutions, unique solutions, retarded solutions (kill them (?)), ugly solution, and very good solutions. We have over populated the Earth, what now?

Under Ground

Move underground. We went upwards, hence the buildings, now let's move downwards, create buildings which goes downwards. There is enough space here. Military has unknown number of underground bases all across the world, this isn't surprising, because we know we are capable of living in those environments.

Sorry about this, I know all of this isn't relevant but some facts are very interesting:

When the military wants to keep its bunkers and underground bunkers secret (?) it first creates a structure on top, this makes it almost impossible to track down where they are. For example the White House bunker which is the President's Emergency Operations Center was created in secret during WWII.

How was this kept secret? This was kept secret by the East Wing of the White house. The East Wing's main purpose was to cover the construction of the bunker.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a740c3e2915.jpg[/atsimg]

We are aware that this bunker has means of transport, underground transport, but this is highly classified. We don't know what this transport is, but we can assume it is a train.

Now where does this train go is impossible to confirm for rightful reasons, you know, you wouldn't want the enemy to know where it goes because they might be waiting for you in the other side.

One thing we can do though is to make an assumption, there is a possibility that this bunker under the white house which can stand 50 nukes, is connected to other bunkers, hence the bunker is "president's evacuation point in the event of an incoming ICBM (the main protocols of escape are of course highly classified)" (Source).

This means that there is a whole web of bunkers connected together, simply put, like a Merekat's home, with more than one entrance, allowing for easy evacuation in case of a threat through the safest exist.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/005dadc6ef11.jpg[/atsimg]

You get the picture? How big is this network of bunkers? You can even probably claim there is a whole civilization living underground as we speak, they have their own transport, moving from bunkers to bunkers.

We have all seen Matrix so I'm sure most of you are fully aware of what I'm talking about lol.. but for those who don't, it would look something like this (an over exaggeration I know, but we are all aware of military scientists being more advanced in their fields than civilian scientists):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/889c868e62b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Under Sea Military Bases

This is hard to comprehend, but just imagine a massive undersea military base? Is it possible, is it sustainable? Here is a picture that will amaze you, note - this is not a military base lol..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f65d691704fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Now if they are capable of this, aren't they capable of creating under-sea bases? I suspect most of us here believe the military scientists are ahead of civilian scientists, some argue decades ahead, some argue a little less, or a little more, non-the less (?), if the military scientists are advanced in their fields then surely they are capable of creating a fully functional base under the sea.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb3dbaecc520.jpg[/atsimg]

The above is not a real photo, but describes what an underground base would look like.

Over Population

This is interesting concept I have heard many times throughout the Internet and rarely outside. Those who talk about over population usually talks about methods which would decrease Human population to keep the sustainability.

Some experts have already thought about Mars, the Moon and other celecial objects which we can colonize (good idea (?)), this is absurd considering the fact that we haven't even colonized 70% of the earth, not to mention the underground worlds which we can create. This is not to say we shouldn't colonize Mars, heck I would volunteer to go there and start the process, but we have a lot of time before that happens, or do we?

I have heard people talking about killing segments of humanity because of over population, these are the extreme measures, others have come with the idea of ending reproduction, meaning complete stop to reproducing, meaning no babies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f80bae91beb.jpg[/atsimg]

But I want babies, and humans have every right to live, over population is not a problem at all, it isn't if we look at the vast segments of this planet we haven't populated.

Now some I know would argue that if we occupy every segment of this planet, that will create the unsustainability we are talking about. I'm fully aware of that, but hear me out (?), when that happens, we may have already started the colonization of Mars and the expansion of small colonies there of.

Once again to reiterate, if one is to argue that the Earth is over populated when we haven't even fully populated 30% and wondering about killing ourselves, we should look again and Sea (?) that Over Population is a myth.

edit on 28-6-2011 by confreak because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
well thought out and put together, i for one think under the sea bases are extremely viable, build a sturcture on land, sink it, pump the water out when its on the sea bed, very easy idea.
s & f

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Plenty of land left to occupy, it's our resources which are the problem if we want to sustain our current standard of living. I'm sure if we weren't so greedy we could easily feed and house every single person on the planet and then some. Controlled population growth at some point would be a good idea though. Families having 10 + kids in 3rd world countries just because they see them as assests/workers is just plain wrong. 2 per family is more than enough.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

But I want babies, and humans have every right to live, over population is not a problem at all, it isn't it we look at the vast segments of this planet we haven't populated.

Agreed with your point the Earth isn't over Populated the Depopulation Elitists are insane.! I love alot of your Ideas great thread S & F

Texas's Land mass to the worlds total Land mass.
Texas Total Land Area: 268,820 Sq Miles
World Total Land Area: 57,308,738 Sq. Miles

Texas equates to less than 0.5% of the Worlds Land Area

Heres a quote i made from a previous thread

No There isn't too many humans there is enough space for every human on the planet to have 1000 Sq ft
of space if we were to all live in the State of Texas.

1000 sq feet per person equates to about 32X32 feet and this is only if we had everyone living in Texas

Now expand it to the whole world.

So lets do a rough Equation Texas = less than 0.5 of Worlds land Mass(Area) So now lets take about 210x 32x32 feet per person

That equates to 6720x6720 feet per person; If we consider all the land Area on Earth.

You are CORRECT OP we are not in risk of Over-Population

I like your thread and value your thread highly we humans with our ingenuity and brain power will come together and solve any perceived problems such as this.

We can build Under Ground Cities and/or Cities in the Ocean and/or Floating Cities.

Look what humans have already achieved we can achieve much greater feats.

And with all the technological advancements with nano-technology biotechnology and several other fields i can see humans advancement accelerating at quite a fast past.

We will adapt and survive and sustain.

We are Human(Homo Sapien-Sapien , Wise Man)

We will Persevere

S & F

edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't think earth is overpopulated
The problem is with the people that believe they need to reduce population.
Truly delusional.
The idea on underwater cities is always intriguing.
I suppose one day we will go back to the oceans.
I believe underwater living for periods of time would be fascinating and chlosterphobic at the same time
kinda like living in an aquarium
under water cities in lakes might be the 1st steps
can you imagine Nessy swimming by your window
edit on 28-6-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Personally I think over population comes from the control exerted over our resources... we have been perpetually kept in this state for a long, long time..

Perhaps the Black Death is one of the best examples to demonstrate how limiting the resources available to the poor created the over population of the day to ensure we remain slaves of the elite...

The depopulation brought about by the Black Death actually benefited the poor (as the poor got fewer the rest got richer) to the point the whole system of society changed shifting away from control by the rich..

So while the elite control the planets resources we will be kept in this false state of overpopulation.. not sure if there is a real away around the problem (aside from letting go of our greed) even depopulation only works in the favour of the poor for a short amount of time..

Sad to say that I feel we are as a species very stunted in our growth.. perhaps one day that will change and we'll treat everyone equally well..

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
the earth isnt actually overpopulated par se... everyone could fit into an area the size of texas. the main concern is the over consumption of resources. this is what we need to be looking at..

im a little mystified at your choice of picture, with the little girl.. i assume you did it for the amusement of others, but to me that picture has slight pedophilia undertones..

also it is completely irrelevant to the point you are making.. i really cant understand why you used it...

edit on 28/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon.

im a little mystified at your choice of picture, with the little girl.. i assume you did it for the amusement of others, but to me that picture has slight pedophilia undertones..

also it is completely irrelevant to the point you are making.. i really cant understand why you used it...

edit on 28/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

Sorry (?) clarification needed.

The picture displays design failure, as the message under it clearly states. When people design a solution to the over population problem, some produced embarrassing failed designs like the picture, their solution is the killing of a segment of humanity, or the freeze in reproduction.

It is as much for amusement as is for laughter, weirdness and stupidity.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Well since your thread is about solutions to the Perceived threat of Over-Population even though we both agree the Elitists push it for their depopulation agenda.

Well onto the point

i thought this would be relevant and add some nice info to the Thread

I thought this information would be pertinent to the thread. Hope your ok with it ConFreak

Wikipedia- Shimizu Mega-City Pyramid

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e9fca1e21cd.gif[/atsimg]

The Shimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramid is a proposed project for construction of a massive pyramid over Tokyo Bay in Japan. The structure would be about 14 times higher than the Great Pyramid at Giza, and would house 750,000 people. The structure would be 730 meters above mean sea level, including 5 stacked trusses, each with similar dimensions to that of the great pyramid of Giza. This pyramid would help answer Tokyo's increasing lack of space, although the project would only handle 1/47th of the Greater Tokyo Area's population.[1] The idea partially stems from the fictional architectural marvel of the Tyrell Corporation, which appears in the science fiction film Blade Runner (1982), as a duo of futuristic pyramidal structures.

The proposed structure is so large that it cannot be built with currently available materials, due to their weight. The design relies on the future availability of super-strong lightweight materials based on carbon nanotubes.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Is Japan actually planning to build it, or is it just an idea for Japan. That would be a magnificent structure, huge.

What if you doubled the numbers by creating the same structure upside down beneath it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4301366f795f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I suppose that could work if they could get it to float. Or if they have huge supports on the edge!

I still think its just a concept since its such a huge building The materials may not exists yet to construct such a large building without it falling apart.

The proposed structure is so large that it cannot be built with currently available materials, due to their weight. The design relies on the future availability of super-strong lightweight materials based on carbon nanotubes.

But it says in the future with Carbon nano-tubes it may indeed be possible!

That would be cool to build this giant pyramid like city.

I like the mirrored image nice!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't really say that over population is the problem as much as I'd say divergence from autonomy and self sustainability are the problem. Reliance on a system to provide is the real problem.

As far as underwater bases are concerned, I think there is a very high chance they have large bases underwater. They can take the oxygen out of the water, and expel waste our back into the water. As opposed to underground bases which rely on taking air from the surface. You could even create an underwater docking station so you could arrive without ever being seen. It's too good of an idea not to be already in use.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Is the structure suppose to be on top of water? If so my bad lol..

It would be a new wonder if the world if they create that, but nano technology is advancing in a fast pace:

NANO TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS

Aerospace
Lighter and stronger materials will be of immense use to aircraft manufacturers, leading to increased performance. Spacecraft will also benefit, where weight is a major factor. Nanotechnology would help to reduce the size of equipment and there by decrease fuel-consumption required to get it airborne.
Hang gliders may be able to halve their weight while increasing their strength and toughness through the use of nanotech materials. Nanotech is lowering the mass of supercapacitors that will increasingly be used to give power to assistive electrical motors for launching hang gliders off flatland to thermal-chasing altitudes.

wikipedia

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yes and we wouldn't need to build structures so large a lot smaller would still hold a lot of people in the thousands we could have cities under the water connected by tunnels like in you're OP

The future holds many great achievements that humanity shall accomplish!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Earth is not overpopulated at all. Only the ignorant of reality and those desperate to believe in the absurd can think so. Sure, some dense city areas make it appear as if we are running out of land an resources, but if you take the time to look into the actual percentage of earth covered by humans before ignorantly coming to your conclusion you will see the light.

The problem with this planet is humans....although not because there are too many of them. It is because they are stupid, scared little creatures that ruin everything for everybody else.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We have plenty of available land resources.

It's mineral resources that are the issue.

And whether we want to live on a planet with fewer and fewer and fewer other species .....

And of course, if we divided ALL of the currently available resources amongst us equally then everyone on ATS would take a big cut in income and living standards. We are, in the grand scheme of things, the elite rich - 99% of the world's population are poorer than any of us here. Although in many cases they are also happier. But that's another story

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Yes you are right, and this guy below is just full of it:

It’s a controversial message that isn’t going to win many votes. But the truth is, human population growth and overcrowding are the cause of many of today’s problems.

www.amateurbrainsurgery.com...

It is a great read non-the less, the individual is an example of what I'm talking about.

Problem (over-population) --> Solution (don't have babies)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I dont think its overpopulated.. But there may be ummm minerals or something like below many above grounds feet. And SOME may want these minerals yes minerals... And I am not talking about the Annuaik either.

I think there is enough space for humans with the proper land management and people relocating, consider even having cities over ocean areas......

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

I wouldn't mind living in a house like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0fe1119b719.jpg[/atsimg]

Eventually we will get there, I think just like space program, we need a sea program. The colonization should already begin, but there is no actual plan.

One more thing we all forgot, Antarctica. This is a huge continent.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is no over population problem is the miss management of resources by the owners that is a cause for alarm.

Also, I think my dream house (or room) is pictured above, that or living in a house built into the ground (cave like) a guy here in my city built his house that way, looks amazing.
edit on 28-6-2011 by majkaveli because: wrong word

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join