It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from switzerland!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi ATS folks!
After following ats for some time i decided to subscribe. A little to myself: I grew up in a small town in switzerland.. really small town. At the age of 12 we moved to Portugal.. we only stayed 1 year then moved to Mexico due to my mother is from there.. there i stayed about 3 years until we came back here, same country and same town as raised. I'm kinda glad I was born here. I kinda like/dislike living here, one the one hand we have a lot of money here, security, DIRECT democracy, not in the EU, we look good after wild lifes, forests, co2 emmisions, i don't think CH would get targeted by any goverment or what ever (NWO, haarp, blue beam, what ever) because we have lot's of their moneys, if illuminati theories are right, i suppose some of those heads live here (Spielbergs or whatever), so i think it would be a very good place for a SHTF scenario because we have bunkers, shelters in every town, a very big militia, lot of warn systems, mountains, etc. On the other hand it's kinda #y living here cause of the people. There is no fun anymore, u live to work instead of work to live if u know what i mean. Also a #y thing is the military.. it's obligatory, i mean WTF?? we're a freaking neutral country what we need that for?? And now were buying jets for 6 milliards, what the hell should that be??? we just bought f18 some years ago and freaking never used them. Why new planes what we need that for.. ?? Lot of people here are pro-military but yeah.. i just say those people are freaking nuts! ..
My passport says i'm catholic even though thats not really true... I'm an atheist, i do not believe in any kind of God. I'll leave the church community the first time i'll have to pay some #y taxes
until then i couldn't care less. I'm no conspiracy theorist, even though there are things i do believe in. I do think Aliens are real, not sure if they've been on earth. Thinking were the only planet in this galaxy with life would be really dumb.. I kinda do think they've visited us a long time ago, and they've been visiting us in the past few years. I mean there are millions, or even hundreds of millions of footages over the past few years. I think they've been coming here lately because we've reached a point by harming our planet (Contamination, Nuclear bombs, etc) that they won't accept or they'll be watching us closly. A planet like ours is worth a lot i'd say, and i think they will stop us destroy it. Imagine something like protectors of the world, like gods if u like. Anyway thats my opinion/thoughts. I personally love nature, i'm outside a lot, i try as hard as i can not to contaminate this planet, but one alone won't change anything.. I mean let's face it we're cancer on Mother Earth. There is malignant cancer and there is benign cancer, we are all one of these two if u get what im trying to say..

I'd talk more but i dunno what else to say

I apologize for my bad english and spelling !
I guess thank u for reading and looking forward of reading interesting stuff here on ats

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Grüezi!

Wow another fellow swissman!

I had a similar childhood. Grew up in Switzerland and moved to spain at the age of 7 after my dad passed away and then my sister moved to the uk to go to uni and so did I!

I get the feeling you're quite patriotic which I love, I'm very patriotic and very very proud of being Swiss! In the end theres only 7 million of us so we have to stay strong

Even though I've not lived in Switzerland for well over 10 years I still follow what's happening there in the News. I agree with you on some level about the military, we never engage yet we have an army. I don't think a developed country can afford NOT to have a military, especially in these strange times that we live in.

Welcome to the forum! May the Swissness in you guide your way xD

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Warm welcome,

Hope you find the threads interesting and enjoy them as much as I do. I admire some of your gutsy politicians and their attempts to grab the Hague Dodgers Club. The UK's don't have their integrity

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Salü!
I maybe am patriotic, but let me explain. I wasn't trying to compare countries by good or bad. More like bad to bad. I think this whole world is a giant mess but switzerland is kinda less worse than other countries. Or lets say i'm proud of beeing swiss but i'm ashamed of being human. Get what i'm trying to say
?

You didn't get me right about the army thing, i also mentioned it as a good thing in a case of a disaster, but i don't see why make it obligatory? We'd have enough psychos who would join a real military.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Welcome from Canada. Enjoy you're time here at ATS, there's lots to do so I don't think you'll have a problem with that in the least.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

One of the reasons its obligatory and why it's a militia is so everyone that served in the army has a gun at home. In some ways I'm a big fan of that. I presume it's for the same reason as why it's allowed in the USA by the constitution, to protect from foreign and DOMESTIC enemies. For example if our government ever started messing around with us too much then they to deal with a population that is armed.

If you dont want to go to the army just do Zivildienst

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I get what you want to tell me BUT i don't completely agree
whats the point of having a gun once the government turns against u if they have your ammunition bunkered somewhere
? I agree that we need a army BUT we could minimize it a lot! I'd say about 95% are ground troops and tanks (just guessing), and i think time with tanks and troops is over. I think if a war is coming then from above, with planes, nukes and missiles. There will be no troops and no tanks marching into our country. I think a good air-force and anti-air-force would be sufficient! Maybe some Special ground troops and tanks for special missions but no militia. For offensive purpose u'll maybe need troops but cm-on! Really? Switzerland invading a other country? Njeet!
A militia will be no good at war, just 2 help civilians which would be a good thing... I think there'd be a lot better ways of spending millions of francs every year for the military. We shoot hundred-thousands/millions of francs everyday for training?? I also think a professional military would be lot more effective - maybe don't have that many people, but you do have motivated people and more experienced people.
Anyway that's just my opinion
I'd say the only good thing about it is the experience, u sure learn a lot there like respect, organisation, teamwork etc etc

PS: I'm not going to the army even though i wanted to (only because you serve a lot less time in the army) - Zivilschutz. because of sleepwalking lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS enjoy your stay...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

Hi Luzifer, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

Ja Grüezi wohl! "Es gseht us als heatemer en chlena Schwiezertreaffa hie"

I hope you will enjoy ATS as much as I do "Welcome". Well I disagree with your view about "there is no God" but I am not inclined to have bad feelings about your world view, myself was an atheist once also.
I went to Venezuela four years ago and I miss Züri a lot. But I wanted to be an Austeiger and now I live very retired on small village on a mountain chain in Venezuela. Compared to Switzerland this is very primitive here. Imagine I have no direct water, there is a Water transport once a week. Good about being here there are no bills and you dont have that kind of stress you have in switzerland. Here in one day happens more than in switzerland in a week.

About the SHIFT... I belive something huge is coming but I would not say that a bunker can ashure you of your live.
Good Luck.
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

Hoi!!

I respect all religions, i don't really care what people think about god as long as there is no conflict. I can believe whatever i want so do you. I will also leave this country as soon as i can but right now i'm studying doing a "Lehre" so no chance for me leaving now.. too stressed in my opinion, life is short, i don't wanna 'waste' it on work and stress, that's why I'll be heading to mexico, australia or a country like that in a no far future. I know these bunkers wouldn't help in case of a worst case scenario but i do think they'd help in case of any other big disaster not being the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Luzifer

Well a Lehre is always good at least in switzerland... I ended mine eaons ago. And yes I agree with your choice of leaving europe " Sie heand kei Ahnig was uf sie zuachunt"
HA HA just kiding. Again good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

What u mean by they don't know whats comming??

new topics

top topics

join