It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of radioactive water has leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Link

here is a Dutch article about the Fukishima plant, stating they leaked tons of radioactive water.

Edit: Maybe not that spectacular news any-more, but I think it is wise to keep collecting all the related news in here.
edit on 28-6-2011 by EarthOccupant because: Addition note

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

I clicked your link and got this:

Google error
De opgevraagde pagina probeert een omleiding naar zichzelf uit te voeren, waardoor een oneindig proces kan ontstaan.

www.powned.tv...
Not much help, and yes, we all know that lots of contaminated water leaked. My question is, did they ever completely stop all the leakage?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
Edit: Maybe not that spectacular news any-more, but I think it is wise to keep collecting all the related news in here.
edit on 28-6-2011 by EarthOccupant because: Addition note

Still spectacular when considering modified sea animals from radiation I can imagie the sea eggs in contact.............. Thanks for sharing
edit on 6/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

honestly, when you say TONS i am unaware if you mean the literal measurement or the verbal expression of 'ALOT'....

i am aware that the fukushima radioactive material is now eating its way through the concrete foundation that the powerplant rests on and honestly if the leaking that is going to occure is going to be measured i wouldn't be surprised if it were in the tons

horrible horrible
edit on 6/28/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Pretty much this planet is being raped by our mistakes over and over and over again.

Sure i read that some areas are now 800X the safe radioactive limit aswell. I think we will all be affected by this in some way over time...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

He means literally tons ....

from Reuters ....

Radioactive water leaks from Japan's damaged plant

Tuesday June 28, 2011

Tons of radioactive water were discovered on Tuesday to have leaked into the ground from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant, the latest in a series of leaks at the plant damaged in a March earthquake and tsunami, the country's nuclear watchdog said.

please note they said it was the "latest in a series of leaks" so this is not the only one that has occurred.

About 15 metric tons of water with a low level of radiation leaked from a storage tank at the plant on the Pacific coast, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

edit on 28-6-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Strange, the link works for me.

Here is the original, (not translated ) link:

Link to Dutch version

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It works for me now too, but I tried several times last night and it didn't work. Did you edit the link? If not they probably just had a temporary problem with the powned.tv website. Google translate was working.

Wow it's like a tweet, all it says is 15 tons leaked and they just stopped the leak if the translation is correct. If I'm reading it correctly it leaked from a storage tank.

I suspect that way more than 15 tons of radioactive water leaked since March and some of it highly radioactive. Remember they kept putting water or seawater into the core and the water level kept dropping because it was leaking into the ocean and other places? I doubt they even know how many tons leaked.

new topics

top topics

join