It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General strike under way in Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The vote had passed.Today (30 june where i live, Romania, same hour as Greece) its gonna be the second vote in Greek Parliament.The first one was the aproval of the austerity package and the second its the law that will implement it.

Funny fact.Greek President was visiting Romania on 28th and was suposed to leave also on 28th...but he didn't.He was in Romania on 29th for some non-important reason (some statue uncovering).

Anyway, there have been clashes all over the day AND night in Athens.From what it seems, this time is not only the anarchists that battle police.Can't be only them, because they not so many, and police would have clear the streets asap.There have been clashes all over the Syntagma square, ministry of finance, even 2-3 streets away from greek parliament.

I have the feeling that today is the key moment.I am almost sure that the parliament will pass the law.What i am not sure is how the greeks will react.I hope in mass rioting and overthrown of the government, because this is the only option left for Greece to actualy default.

I also hope EU will go down and nations will realign on THEIR wish not the wish of those with money.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

If not the anarchists than who? Communists? Workers? Regular civilians? Any defecting police forces? Anonymous?

Do you forsee the overthrow of your government or a police crackdown?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Police provocateurs, and illegal bio weapons

<< 1   >>

join