It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphek

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Earth is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a tiny speck of dust in the universe and here we are pretending that an all powerful god who supposedly created the entire cosmos really gives a crap about us.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

Are you not claiming to know what God is thinking when you assert that he doesn't "really give a crap about us"?

It's pretty clear what you think, but before you flame a poster for claiming to know what God's thinking, you might want to consider whether or not you're doing the exact same thing from a different perspective.

Just sayin'.

Err please visit www.sarcasm101.com

I don't even believe in god in the first place genius nor do I think he even exists.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Ok now just suppose a war breaks out and Israel is completely reduced to rubble and America and the rest of the world are still standing and everyone gets on with their lives? What then? Will the prophecy have been proved wrong or are there more bible verses that cover that too...just in case?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't even believe in god in the first place genius nor do I think he even exists.

Now you see, the most positive view of the world that i can imagine is that it's all just happening in our own little heads.

That being said, some people's heads are full of light and life, and have no need for sarcasm, and other forms of destruction.

You however, or should i say the inside of your mind, is apparently a sad, dark place.

Without your sarcasm and malice, you have nothing to say. you have nothing to add, nothing to give, nothing to share.

With the exception of your inane juvenile
, do you actually have something to add to this otherwise sterling discussion on biblically based prophecy? (and yes, an acceptance of "God" is essential to intelligently converse here, otherwise you're just, doing what you're doing).

This is about the Gog Magog war as decreed by the prophet Ezekiel in the bible in the name of his God, and the various aspects of that 4000 year old prophecy that appear to be relevant to our rather peculiar times.

Now it's your turn, say something intelligent and on topic please, if you can.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Now you see, the most positive view of the world that i can imagine is that it's all just happening in our own little heads.

That being said, some people's heads are full of light and life, and have no need for sarcasm, and other forms of destruction.

You however, or should i say the inside of your mind, is apparently a sad, dark place.

On the contrary my life is going on quite swimmingly. Just because I use sarcasm and 'other forms of destruction'
on an online forum does not automatically indicate what the state of my mind is. Just because Christian Bale acts like a whacko in American Psycho does not mean he is one in real life.

Although we'll never know will we

Without your sarcasm and malice, you have nothing to say. you have nothing to add, nothing to give, nothing to share.

Well I'm sorry. Last time I checked this was ATS. The no.1 online forum where 90% of the posters usually have 'nothing to say. nothing to add, nothing to give, nothing to share'

Sarcasm is an art form in itself. It's a pity most people don't recognize it for what it is.

With the exception of your inane juvenile

That's rich coming from you.

do you actually have something to add to this otherwise sterling discussion on biblically based prophecy?

Sterling discussion??? As Ace Ventura put it......''Alllllllllriteyy then'

(and yes, an acceptance of "God" is essential to intelligently converse here, otherwise you're just, doing what you're doing).

So basically anyone who does not accept god is not allowed to debate or converse here? You do realize there are 'pro jesus/god/christian' forums for that don't you? This is ATS after all. Refuge of the weirdos.

This is about the Gog Magog war as decreed by the prophet Ezekiel in the bible in the name of his God, and the various aspects of that 4000 year old prophecy that appear to be relevant to our rather peculiar times.

Now it's your turn, say something intelligent and on topic please, if you can.

Alright fine, I will. I'm not sure what you consider intelligent but I'll give it a shot.

Let's start with

(Ezekiel 1:1–3:27): Yahweh approaches Ezekiel as the divine warrior, riding in his battle chariot. The chariot is drawn by four living creatures each having four faces (of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle), and four wings. Beside each "living creature" is a "wheel within a wheel," with "tall and awesome" rims full of eyes all around. Yahweh commissions Ezekial to be a prophet and a "watchman" in Israel: "Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites."

I have a few questions.

1) Could the lion represent England, the Ox represent Cambodia and the eagle represent America? It's plausible right since you somehow connected Babylon with America.

Or is my assumption wrong? And if so why?

2) Why does a supreme loving, merciful and PEACEFUL entity need a 'battle chariot'?

Serious questions. No sarcasm.

If you can provide me with sensible answers then this discussion will probably head somewhere. Cheers!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

1) Could the lion represent England, the Ox represent Cambodia and the eagle represent America? It's plausible right since you somehow connected Babylon with America.

2) Why does a supreme loving, merciful and PEACEFUL entity need a 'battle chariot'?

1) You have made an assertion, and it is up to you to provide evidence for that. Currently i have no reason to even consider such an IMplausable suggestion, there's nothing to support you. The onus is on YOU to provide facts and arguments in favour of your theory. Like the OP, who has done a stirling job of it.

2) I have no idea. Why does God need a chariot? Why does God need anything? And frankly, you're not describing the "God of the old testament", who we're talking about, you just described allah, a different deity for a different thread i think?

You have proscribed an IMplausable theory, yours is to substantiate your claims, if you can, and mine is to debunk your claims at my leisure. Now i'm really looking forward to your claims of the inclusion of Cambodia in biblical prophecy, please proceed

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I read this with an open mind, and yes i spose this is prophesized, but as always it's a case of Wait and See.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

1) You have made an assertion, and it is up to you to provide evidence for that. Currently i have no reason to even consider such an IMplausable suggestion, there's nothing to support you. The onus is on YOU to provide facts and arguments in favour of your theory. Like the OP, who has done a stirling job of it.

2) I have no idea. Why does God need a chariot? Why does God need anything? And frankly, you're not describing the "God of the old testament", who we're talking about, you just described allah, a different deity for a different thread i think?

You have proscribed an IMplausable theory, yours is to substantiate your claims, if you can, and mine is to debunk your claims at my leisure. Now i'm really looking forward to your claims of the inclusion of Cambodia in biblical prophecy, please proceed

Haha man this is what I was talking about. You ask me to provide proof but there really is no actual proof other than citing bible verses as proof. No one else substantiated their claims about Babylon being the U.S. They just made connections between between certain verses and America and claim that's their proof.

It's impossible to have a discussion over this when the only proof you guys provide comes from a fictional and at worst vaguely written book.

And I don't know how you figured it was Allah on that chariot. Ezekiel clearly says it was yaweh on the chariot so where does Allah come into the picture? And you didn't even answer my initial question about why a loving, peaceful god needs a battle chariot.

And since the Ox is the national animal of Cambodia I made that connection. Lion for England and Eagle for America. How is that any more implausible than the vague connections made on this thread between Babylon and America?

Pfft either way what's the point.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am going to get in the middle of you two for a minute, if I may.

I mentioned in a earlier post that some biblical prophecies have a dual fulfillment.

I think this matter of Babylon is one of them.

In a couple places in the old testament, Babylon is destroyed, never to be inhabited again.

It describes it as being inhabited by wild beasts (Jeremiah 50:13- 50:39) and will not be inhabited forever. And that has clearly happened.

Now when one reads the 17th and 18th chapters of Revelation it is pretty clear that some form of Babylon is being wasted for it's utter wickedness.

However the Land of the Chaldeans (Babylon) was destroyed(forget what year) and is in the middle of a scorching desert(a portion of modern day Iraq) with yes, like the scriptures foretold, jackals and the ostriches.

Anyway, I hope I made enough of the point to cause those who really seek answers to look into this for themselves.

Alright, now back to Harry and the Goblin. I will join you next week at the regular scheduled time.

edit on 12-7-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
However the Land of the Chaldeans (Babylon) was destroyed(forget what year) and is in the middle of a scorching desert(a portion of modern day Iraq) with yes, like the scriptures foretold, jackals and the ostriches.

Come on. You're saying that you're connecting Babylon with Iraq because it's in the middle of a scorching desert and inhabited by jackals and ostriches?

Ostriches by the way are EXTREMELY rare in Iraq or anywhere in the middle east for that matter.

Ok so now let me get this straight. Babylon was different places during different times and keeps getting destroyed and now it's America's turn?

Is that right? This just gets more and more bizarre.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

It's impossible to have a discussion over this when the only proof you guys provide comes from a fictional and at worst vaguely written book.

I think you need to take your delusions of adequacy to your own thread. You really have nothing to add here, and your constant self aggrandizement is pathetic to watch.

You are NOT even familiar with the material, and your repeated questions have no bearing on the discussion. Your description of a loving peaceful god is not the the god of the old testament, period. It's how the koran describes their god. It was your description that was wrong, and irrelevant to the text provided.

I am not here to answer your questions, start your own thread for that. Any more rude interuptions from you will result in complaints to admin. Anyone can be a smartass.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Though that may be true that christians have believed that the end was near for nearly 2000 years. But maybe this generation is correct you see, God has not put a date on this, Even Jesus himself does not know the date nor the hour. With that being said if Christ waits for the end so do we, I can Imagine Jesus in heaven now thinking that today might be the DAY, And so should mankind we should always remain ready and believe that the end is near. If we believed it to be far off then humanity itself would not care for it. Man would sin as usual in that mindstate.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

And just to show you what an ignorant, self righteous, hypocrite you are I'd like to see you 'debunk' this

I had cited a verse from the Book of Ezekiel

(Ezekiel 1:1–3:27): Yahweh approaches Ezekiel as the divine warrior, riding in his battle chariot. The chariot is drawn by four living creatures each having four faces (of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle), and four wings. Beside each "living creature" is a "wheel within a wheel," with "tall and awesome" rims full of eyes all around. Yahweh commissions Ezekial to be a prophet and a "watchman" in Israel: "Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites."

and I asked why a supreme loving, merciful and peaceful entity would need a 'battle chariot'.

To which you replied

I have no idea. Why does God need a chariot? Why does God need anything? And frankly, you're not describing the "God of the old testament", who we're talking about, you just described allah, a different deity for a different thread i think?

After which I asked how you figured it was Allah on the chariot when Ezekiel clearly says it was Yahweh

To which you replied again

Your description of a loving peaceful god is not the the god of the old testament, period. It's how the koran describes their god. It was your description that was wrong, and irrelevant to the text provided.

To which I tell you once again that it's not MY description but what Ezekiel himself describes while clearly mentioning it was Yahweh on the chariot.

Yet you claim it's Allah.

So in conclusion you're basically denying the very book you cite your 'proof' from despite it being made EXPLICITY CLEAR by Ezekiel HIMSELF in that verse that it was Yahweh.

And that my friend makes you a complete hypocrite
Toodles!

edit on 13-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

My advice to you; leave these religious nut jobs in their own little fantasy world. They are so depressed and fearful that they have gone delusional and hysteric. And if you try to help them gain a better understanding, you're the devil or you're the one that's wrong and needs Jesus. It's ridiculous.

These people must not seem to understand, had it not been for secularism in the West, that we free thinkers would be hunting every organized religious clown down because otherwise they would hunt us down with pitchforks and crosses. Most people are so frighteningly ignorant of history...religious people should consider themselves lucky that non-religious folk just want to live their lives and not intrude into other peoples beliefs like they do.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Divine warrior is described, not peaceful whatever. For the purposes of that incident, he's a warrior.

You threw in your own religious premisconceptions, and name calling don't fix your own inadequacies.

Zamini ...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hey Genius!

Please do yourself, and us, a favor, and go look at a geographical history book; any old one will do, and there you will find a cure for your astounding ignorance

You might want to trade a lot of your sarcasm for a little geography lesson

Ancient Babylon was in the land of the Chaldeans, which, like I said, " Is a portion of modern day Iraq".

edit on 13-7-2011 by radpetey because: me be spelling challanged

edit on 13-7-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

One problem!

Magog's decendents were known as "Magoges" but better known as the Scythans. The celts are the decendents of Magog ie Irish and Scots.

Check it, you will see I am correct on this, the Irish even say they are the decendents of Magog themselves!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Zamini ...

It's great you did not formulate an opinion other than those rolling eyes. Saves me some points. :-)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

So just because i don't believe in god and these prophecies i am automatically wrong and have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation??
So just because you say these verses definatly point to Babylon being the USA it is so? After reading your posts it seems to me that because a coupe of us disagree with you we are basically dumb.
Geez people who live in glass houses should not throw stones!!
All i have ever asked for is the words United States of America printed somewhere in the bible now until you can show me those exact words, Babylon in my eyes to apply to a few great civilisations throughout history but of course because you say i'm wrong i must be and because you say you're right i have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation.
I get the feeling the only people you think that are intelligent are christians that agree with your position.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join