It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I fail to see your point! your making my point for me, if we all did not have free will why would we be expressing our own opinons in this very forum??
Your logic my friend is flawed

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Fatgoblin

reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Babylon would be an END TIME GREAT NATION (Rev 17,18; Isa 13:6)
--USA is a great nation, and scripturally speaking, we are in the end time.

Babylon would have a huge seaport city within its borders (Rev 18:17).
--Los Angeles

The Great City Babylon is the home of a world government attempt (Rev 17:18).
--United Nations, NY, NY

The Great City Babylon would be the economic nerve center of the world (Rev 18:3).
--Wall Street, NY, NY

Babylon would be the center of a one world Luciferian religious movement (Jer 51:44).
--Mainstream Christianity

Babylon would be the center for the move to a global economic order (Rev 13:16).
--U.S. Pushes For New Economic World Order at G20

Babylon would be the youngest and greatest of the end time nations (Jer 50:12).
--Which nation now is the youngest and greatest? The USA.

Babylon would the QUEEN AMONG THE NATIONS (Isa 47:5,7; Rev 18:7).
--The world generally does what the USA says to do.

Babylon would be the most powerful nation in the world (Isa 47, Jer 50, 51, Rev 18).
--USA is currently the most powerful nation in the world.

Babylon would be the HAMMER OF THE WHOLE EARTH (Jer 50:23; Rev 18:23).
--Team America, # yeah

Babylon is called a lady, and has the symbol of the Lady (Isa 47:7-9).
--Columbia is the lady's name, and the statue of Liberty

I will stop for now, until you can show me what I have written is false.

edit on 7/9/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Still why not say USA instead of speaking of a place that has exsisted once before? wouldn't it make more sense and cause less confusion to actually say USA instead of Babylon?
Just to point out one thing the statue of liberty is also located in Paris
Now you are also saying Babylon is a nation as well as a great city???

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

It's a pity you're not listening to anything people say.

You're just repeating the same line again and again, "prove Babylon is USA". Now either get INTO the subject matter, in this case BIBLICALLY BASED PROPHECY, or go play with the alien lovers.

Clueless, and obstinate, you're not here to debate, you're here to play debunker of the day. FAIL.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Free Will pertains to the individual. But of course, it is your right to exercise the choice to give up your individuality and everything that means, to the collective. The collective does not have Free Will.

It's very, very simple. Be a person or be a drone.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would first like to say that i do respect Parts of the Bible but believe alot of it is false, written by certain entity's to confuse man and lead them from the truth. Theologist such as Jordan Maxwell has shaped my opinion about religion because of the amount of research he has done -44 yrs. The brain washed religous people fail to research the actaul meaning of words and where they derive from. They walk around talking about Christ this and Anti-Christ that but never look up the word Christ to see what it means. As for Isreal they are one of the major problems in world turmoil and definitley are not going to defeat all those nations mentioned in OP. The US is Bankrupt, cant afford to bail out Isreal and would be stupid strategically to get involved in another war. With that said it doesnt mean another war wont happen because TPTB do not have an alliegance to any country and are hell bent on destroying the United States of America Inc.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truth4u13

You at least made one valid point.

Isreal will not defeat these countries. They will be hedged by design.

GOD WILL BE THE VICTOR...........Did you not read the scriptures given in the post?

And if you would be so kind as to explain why that little country is the ill of the world, a lot of us will be hanging on every word of your response :@

A lot of you people are msm puppets; kind of like those students marching to the meat grinder in Pink Floyd's''The Wall'. Forming opinions based on news reports, good old bigotry, and little monkey brained human reasoning and so called enlightened logic........

God is doing this so his name will be profaned no longer, one in Isreal, and two, among the nations.

edit on 11-7-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
God is doing this so his name will be profaned no longer, one in Isreal, and two, among the nations.

edit on 11-7-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

Once again I really really have to ask you

How do you know what god is thinking and why he does things? Seriously.

And again why does the most supreme, most awesome, most infinite, most brilliantestestest being in the history of time and the universe itself (tm) even care that his 'name is being profaned' by a bunch of gnats who he could wash away with a bead of his sweat (like he did before apparently)? Seems incredibly petty for someone who is sooooooooooooooo awesome.

What human beings really lack is perspective. Earth is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a tiny speck of dust in the universe and here we are pretending that an all powerful god who supposedly created the entire cosmos really gives a crap about us. We're akin to dust mites crawling under an old wardrobe stashed away in his attic in his 300 room mansion.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Dust mites maybe, but the only dust mites in this awesome chasm we call the universe( so far, anyway). Hmmm........ makes one wonder.

He said, " He created us in his image"; I think that if I created something like man in my image, I would count it precious, and would do everything in my power to make it work. I really think I can put it as simply as that.

To answer your question about knowing.........HE touched me at a young age, and I just knew.

After that, the Scriptures have proven themselves...Sorry about the simplicity, but I did not want to make this is big theological thing........Peace bro!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As far as knowing what He is thinking......I do not even remotely begin to know.

However, He did give us the old testament as a window peeking into his character, and even shows us through the lives of the people, His Ways(Holy), His character, and if you will read all of it.....His unbelievable love for all his little dust mites.........Later!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Oh, by the way,the name profaning thing is Scripture verbatim............Ez. 39:7

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Look I figured you'd say all those things anyway and that's cool but maybe, just maybe, god actually got bored of this whole charade/farce hundreds of years ago and packed his bags and split to another dimension or something?

It would certainly explain why no one has actually seen him since......the bible and we just go about killing ourselves with zero interference from any higher power.

And like you said, since he made us in his image there's also a pretty good chance he's probably bailed on us just like a father would bail on his family of 15 kids who gave him nothing but trouble.

Gods probably watching a supernova lightshow somewhere in space with a buxom blonde by his side and a few crates of beer.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin
. . .

Wow what a douche. You've basically just shrunk entire verses into a single line and put your own spin on it.

This is the very definition of 'clutching at straws'.

Seriously man get a life.

Chillax man.

Read the verses in their context. They are all descriptions of Babylon in the end times.

Just because you don't like something does not mean you have to fly off the handle into name calling and insults.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

To answer your questions:

I do not know why it is called Babylon instead of the USA. I don't know the mind of YHWH, who showed the prophets these things.

But the facts still stands that the USA meets all of the criteria so far.

As for being a nation as opposed to a city:

--The final end-time Mystery Babylon is described in Jer. 50:12 as being THE LAST OF THE NATIONS. Revelation 17 & 18 tells us further that she is a Super-City/State/Nation or i.e. the Last of the Super-Powers, or the Last of the Super Nations of History. The usage of the word “city” is used to describe a nation not just a city only. Those who hold to the Rome concept would have to agree with this because. Rome had little power but for the other cities and nations in Italy…for which Rome was simply the Capital city. This verse clearly tells us that it is not the UN or N.W.O. or any other organization. It is a city/state/nation or what we today call a nation. At times the focus is on the chief city while at other times the focus is on the nation as a whole.

The final end-time Mystery Babylon is: A LAND OF AGRICULTURE
Jeremiah 50:16… speaks of it having its planters (“sowers”) and harvesters of the crops. This again refers to a nation …and there is no organization to match this character trait.
Jeremiah tells us in chapter 50: 32b… (Quoting the Lord’s own words)…”I will kindle a fire in his CITIES and it shall devour all round about him.”

Jeremiah tells us in chapter 51:43 of the description of Babylon after the judgment… “Her CITIES are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land where no man dwelleth…”

(The above are excerpts from the book America The Babylon, by Rick Coombes)--

Though I do not necessarily agree with all Mr. Coombes says, he put the answers down better than I can.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Im listening and reading everything and taking it in but to say a place that exsisted in ancient times called Babylon is really the USA is a stretch, you can throw all the prophecy crap my way you like but until the letters USA appear in the bible i'm inclined to think otherwise.
You must remember when the roman empire was at its peak it too was called Babylon and people thought then they were living in the end times and the roman empire was in every way exactly what the Babylon prophecys said as well.
You're obviously christian and have a hard time looking at thinks from an outside perspective because you're so wound up in biblical scripture you cannot look objectivly like i am.
I'm not saying and have never said Babylon is not the USA, if you actually took the time to read through my posts you would see that all i am asking for is the words United States Of America instead of Babylon to 100% confirm that is where they are talking about, Babylon has been attributed to every world leading nation throughout the last 2000 years! why is the USA different to the Roman Empire?? oh thats right because at the time of the roman empire the prophecies were not fullfilled so now devout christians apply these prohecies to the closet thing that resembles them the USA and in all probibility in another 1000 years christians will have a new babylon to attribute the end times are here!
If you cannot handle some debate on the subject dont respond it's obvious i offended your beliefs so don't label me names when you're the one having doubts about you're beliefs because someone offers some common sense thoughts

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I hear you mate but the Roman Empire also met all the critera you have mentioned as well and were attributed to being Babylon and living in the end times, thats just my take again im not saying USA is not babylon i just want 100% concrete proof before i jump on it is the end times bandwagon

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for the post. Interesting research, glad you took the time

It does amaze, how so many posters see the name Ezekiel and skip reading the OP to tell you how wrong and stupid you are. How many of these posters give the benefit of a doubt to guys like Phil Schneider, William Cooper, even Nostradamus, but ohhh man, you mention a biblical source and it's just wacky. I'd wager that if you changed the biblical names, and instead of citing quotes as from scripture you cited made up "eyes only documents" you've been receiving e-mails about, a lot of your detractors would have given your theory the simple benefit of a doubt.

By the way, I'm not saying that P. S., W. C., or Nostradamus aren't credible or worthy of an open-mind, I'm just using them to make a point, point being that OP is equally worthy of an open-mind.

Thanks again OP, interesting post

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

. . .

Wow what a douche. You've basically just shrunk entire verses into a single line and put your own spin on it.

This is the very definition of 'clutching at straws'.

Seriously man get a life.

Chillax man.

Read the verses in their context. They are all descriptions of Babylon in the end times.

Just because you don't like something does not mean you have to fly off the handle into name calling and insults.

I didn't fly off the handle. A little jab here and there is good for the soul. It's the internet after all

And like other people have pointed out, the Roman Empire was also likened to Babylon and people have quoted bible verses to fit their time to end time 'prophecy'

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The problem is that they THOUGHT they were living in the end times. They were missing a few pieces of prophecy that we have today.

Ezekiel 11:17 "Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel."

Zechariah 12:2-3 ""Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the
earth be gathered together against it."

*Zephaniah 3:9 "For then I will return to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent."

*Revelation 9:16 "And the number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them."

Daniel 12:4 "But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase."

Joel 3:1 "For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,"

This part will soon be happening:

Joel 3:2 "I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, [and parted my land."

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Earth is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a tiny speck of dust in the universe and here we are pretending that an all powerful god who supposedly created the entire cosmos really gives a crap about us.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

Are you not claiming to know what God is thinking when you assert that he doesn't "really give a crap about us"?

It's pretty clear what you think, but before you flame a poster for claiming to know what God's thinking, you might want to consider whether or not you're doing the exact same thing from a different perspective.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Your argument holds no water. You are stating blindly that we're wrong about everything, that there is no connection between Babylon and USA. Very good, your own opinion.

Sadly though, you have no evidence for what you claim, nor do you have any definitive alternate theory to put forward, other than Babylon was Babylon. That being said, you're not even accepting the basic precept that biblical prophecies have ANY validity for the future.

People have been looking for Babylon for 2000 years, thats for sure, but until the USA, nobody had any real ideas. My religious beliefs are irrelevant to the topic at hand, which is biblically-based prophecy. I'll turn tables and say you're vehemently anti christian, which makes you as unable to debate intelligently.

Come up with something better than your perception of common sense, and we can discuss it. Yeah i have some doubt, because i'm not infallible, ergo i ask. You pretend to have no doubts, because you're so sure of yourself, and in that frame could neither learn nor show anything to anyone. You have to have something more than "i don't agree".

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join