It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by radpetey

But it will never be destroyed. The end was written in the very beginning for all to see if one would only take the time to look into these matters in the BOOK!

No one can predict the outcomes of wars. That is what they said about Rome an the british empire that they would never lose. Look what happened. Israel will eventually be defeated after the GOG-Magog war, with the USA coming out on top, but still incapacitated and unable to defend Israel.

What you people don't understand is that God said once he restored Israel He would never take them from their land again. The arabs have tried numerous. Times only to be driven back in defeat by the will of God and His people. The Israelis should never have won these wars and the fact they are so improbable these wars can not be taught at war collages. Jerusalem will be destroyed but only after the Antichrist stands on the temple mount north side proclaiming to be God. Oh and by the way that is were the dome of the rock mosque is now, anyway when Satan stands there God will level the place leaving not one stone atop another.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I find it quite amazing that people who obviously do not believe in Judeo-Christianity, or any religion for that matter, feel the need to troll threads just to start an argument.

Yeah, we get it. You don't believe. No one is forcing you into the thread. No one is forcing you to hit the reply button. No one is forcing you to make snide remarks.

If you don't believe, is it that difficult to ignore it?

I don't believe in aliens, but I don't make it a point to go into that section of the board and troll. I don't go over there and tell them it is all made up, or they are misinterpreting what they see or read, or even that they are crazy lunatics.

You guys have major major issues.

inb4 snarky comments about my post, perhaps even quotations of what I say flipped around to serve the trollish agenda.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

God was the one who gave them in that land. God is the one who sent them packing, twice. AND GOD IS THE ONE WHO RESTORED THEM IN 1948;after 2000 years of wandering among the nations. And it is all there, written beforehand, for all to see.

Wow what a coincidence. My country got independence in 1947 and Krishna/Ganesha/Vishnu (insert favourite hindu deity) sent the Brits packing and it was all written beforehand in the Ramayana/Mahabarata/Vedas in a completely vague manner that's open to any kind of interpretation under the sun

I welcome opposing position on these matters, but come on guys(and girlies), your blind bashing of these incredibly detailed accounts of the future expose an ignorance that is usually reserved for "fundamentalists" like me.

Ok then what about people like Jules Verne or HG Wells for example.

One of the pioneers of the genre – Jules Verne – predicted not only to space travel, submarines, helicopters, and satellites and guided missiles with a jet engine. HG Wells’ War of the Worlds “described the laser. And these prophecies has done a lot. What other predictions about the future of hide-known pages of science fiction?

In the novel “When the sleeper wakes” HG Wells described the household VCR, in the story “Earth battleships” predicted tanks, “War in the Air” talked about the use of aircraft in combat, and “Unchained world” drew the grim prospect of nuclear war.

Shouldn't we talk about their writings in the same breath as the bible? Maybe even more so considering they're a lot more specific and accurate?

But of course it's easier to believe in an invisible guy in the clouds.

I'll bet 2000 years from now christians will be worshipping Kevin Bacon

You really should read for yourself. I promise you will be stunned by the detail of the prophecies, and will be taken aback by Gods love for these people that totally rejected Him.

Well it's not hard to see why anyone would reject him considering he apparently flooded the entire world

The 1948 established Jewish State was the single most amazing fulfilled prophecy of our day, followed by 38-39(yet to come) as a close second.

I thought America was founded in 1776

At least humor me and come to the table of debate with a minimum knowledge of the subject matter of this thread........Rather than minimizing The Bible...........How about it?

At least come to the table with a minimal grasp of logic and rational thinking. It's not that hard

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
im just wondering where in bible the USA is named?? if these prophets were talkin about future events surely they would know the correct names of the countries involved instead of making refrences to places that are obviously only around the middle east, europe and asia?? these vague refrences to places leave everything open to opinon and forever are people just going to assign these places to todays world!

I just want one reference in the bible that says the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I believe that the USA is Babylon.

All the evidence I have seen seems to fit.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Why not just USA instead of babylon??? ummm maybe because babylon once exsisted and thats what they were actually talkin about??

Really common sense stuff!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I would like to see you try and fit end time prophecy together using that idea.

I have tried. It does not work.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Alright lets hear/see your evidence. I'm seriously curious.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

God was the one who gave them in that land. God is the one who sent them packing, twice. AND GOD IS THE ONE WHO RESTORED THEM IN 1948;after 2000 years of wandering among the nations. And it is all there, written beforehand, for all to see.

Just making sure, are you saying that "god" is the one that let "israel" take Palestine and commit genocide on the Palestinian people?

I probably dont know as much about the Palestine history or prophecies as you radpetey,but i will look into it.
Even though i dont buy half of it.

P.S. Go do a little history dig, since 1850, and tell me what happened to the few countries who did a little moonlighting in the land.ie......england, russia

I will.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I would like to see you try and fit end time prophecy together using that idea.

I have tried. It does not work.

All i'm asking for is a single shread of decent evidence that says USA is in the bible!
It's not that hard if you can find me somewhere in the bible that says USA i'll be born again and start believing and also start ranting that the END IS NIGH!!
I tell you what i'll say that i'm going to travel to China but because i'm really going to England we'll just call England China!! confused i am so really you're trying to tell me to believe that a place that was called Babylon in the past isn't really Babylon because it's the USA are you serious????

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisisconfused i am so really you're trying to tell me to believe that a place that was called Babylon in the past isn't really Babylon because it's the USA are you serious????

Keep it simple. The term "Babylon" in the bible does NOT refer to the geographical place, specifically not with regards "the future", and especially when referred to as "the whore of babylon". What it refers to is something that came out of babylon, a belief, a power structure, a POWER THAT BE's.

Now many claim that the USA is "Babylon", others claim the Vatican, based on the scarlet and purple. Either way, money, and the "secret societies" both first became common in Babylon, and it's the LEGACY not the geography that's important to this discussion.

Make sense?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Babylon the city-state no longer exists but being as that Babylon was the cradle of systemic economics, it is fairly safe to say that Babylon is now synonymous with the banking industry.

Sorry, I cannot help you with which Biblical place name the USA could be said to be synonymous with but I do agree with you that America is not Babylon the Whore, only American bankers can lay claim to that moniker(sp?)!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisisconfused i am so really you're trying to tell me to believe that a place that was called Babylon in the past isn't really Babylon because it's the USA are you serious????

Keep it simple. The term "Babylon" in the bible does NOT refer to the geographical place, specifically not with regards "the future", and especially when referred to as "the whore of babylon". What it refers to is something that came out of babylon, a belief, a power structure, a POWER THAT BE's.

Now many claim that the USA is "Babylon", others claim the Vatican, based on the scarlet and purple. Either way, money, and the "secret societies" both first became common in Babylon, and it's the LEGACY not the geography that's important to this discussion.

Make sense?

Makes perfect sense mate but this is what i expected people will always refer to it as this and that but never really come up with something exact.......once again if the shoe fits in your eye it has to be correct!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I will attempt to address this issue of Babylon.

Let me first preface this by saying I am neither a bible scholar or pretend to know the end from the beginning.

So I am always open to correction; constructive and non-alike.

For years I have tried to plug in current events to the prophetic scripture, and have found that 9 out of 10 times it does not work. There are so many nutcases out there doing this very thing causing much confusion, so as to lead a lot of truly seeking folk astray from what really matters, and that is a relationship with the living God.

Babylon is spoken of only second to Jerusalem. It was located in Iraq. It was the commerce capital of the world, and also the capital of all false religion, heathenism/paganism worship. I feel this is very important as one looks to understand the validity of Babylon today. One other thing I want to say about this woman is that she was actually land locked.

I could say a lot more, but I'll try to get to the point with hopefully few rabbit trails.

The 17th and 18th chapters of revelation deal with the end of Babylon. It seems to separate the commercial side, and the religious side. I do not have time to go into any detail , but google is an awesome tool when searching for all the scriptures pertaining to the matter at hand. Don't be lazy. Whip out your prophetic shovel and start digging.

I will say this much. The description off the fall of Babylon in Rev. 18 has some striking similarities to modern America.

The merchants of the sea mourned as they stood from afar and saw the smoke of her burning

Because Babylon was land locked, it would be hard for sailors to actually see the smoke per say.
However, it would be quite easy off both of our coasts( I am American)

One of the most compelling clues is at the end of the description of her contributions to the world. It states "And the bodies and souls of men.......Is this referring to Americas part in the slave trade? or the devastation her evil influence had on the people her utter worldliness sucked in.

Well, hopefully this will get the wheels a spinnin'. I am not a writer, and have a screamin' case of not just add, but abcdefg...........and z. So happy hunting

edit on 6-7-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I also feel Babylon is a world system...... and America picked up where she left off, and actually touches much more of the earth than the original Ho ever did........And the rest of the world has followed along totally benefiting from our utter excesses, thus not singling out. More later.....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Since there has been only one god to believe in there has been killing in his name, now why oh why would the great creator create evil???
Thats right people have free will so evil will always exsist!
Now that we have that cleared up if we have free will then we have the ability to change our future....correct???
But prophecy says otherwise and our fate predetermined so how in the hell do we have free will???
Is it just me or is this just one big contradiction

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I still don't buy it like i said if the shoe fits!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I am not dogmatic in the least about this.....Just trying to get a person or two to look into these matters instead of relying on vain notions or from 2nd hand info. Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I think Babylon the whore fits America more than ever. The 'church' today, in general has slipped into the great apostasy spoken of in the new testament......The church in name only. Every denomination(division) has its business centers in this country. Remember the daughters of the harlot spoken of in revelation?......Just food for thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You have the ability to change your future! After that you can rest and let God worry about how you fit in to the whole scope of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join