It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

awesomepost old corps! i too have recently sold my cloak for a sword( glock 22) lol. prolly wont even need thetritium sights cause everything will be glowing! keep up his good work, your crown is waiting. you brother in the Lord

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just because there is free-will doesn't mean that there are no consequences for our actions. We have the ability to do evil and for our evil deeds we will have to face justice. And just because we have free-will doesn't mean it's impossible to foresee what you will choose. In fact it should be humbling to see youself doing evil even after the warnings you were given, because your own heart convicts you. We may have free-will, but God is not bound by time like we are. He sees both the future and the past simultaneously, and all possibilities of all outcomes.

If I tell you don't kill people or you will go to jail, and you kill someone anyway, to jail you will go, whether you heeded my words or not, whether you had access to knives or weapons or not.

I think most people view God from a utilitarian perspective when He clearly is not.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Just because there is free-will doesn't mean that there are no consequences for our actions. We have the ability to do evil and for our evil deeds we will have to face justice.

Yes because the world has such a fantastic track record of evil doers facing justice

And just because we have free-will doesn't mean it's impossible to foresee what you will choose. In fact it should be humbling to see youself doing evil even after the warnings you were given, because your own heart convicts you.

So what if the 'evil' you're doing is actually 'good' in your head but evil to someone else? It's all subjective.

We may have free-will, but God is not bound by time like we are. He sees both the future and the past simultaneously, and all possibilities of all outcomes.

Yet still he let's this farce go on. Oh wait I forgot he's trying to teach us a lesson.

And it's hilarious how so many of you people seem to know exactly what god is and what he sees and what he thinks and why he does things. He's probably face palming himself right now.

If I tell you don't kill people or you will go to jail, and you kill someone anyway, to jail you will go, whether you heeded my words or not, whether you had access to knives or weapons or not.

You obviously live in a cave.

I think most people view God from a utilitarian perspective when He clearly is not.

Yeah sure because he's come over to your place and told you exactly what he is after a couple of shots of tequila

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
What i don't understand is alot of you are preaching prophecy which means we have no free will because prophecy is prophecy and can't be changed therefore we have no freewill and our choices have already been made??? Am i correct here??
Or as some have said we do have free will so doesn't that automatically mean we can change the future with the choices we make today???

There seems to be alot of contradiction on this thread!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Yes because the world has such a fantastic track record of evil doers facing justice

People will be punished after judgement.

So what if the 'evil' you're doing is actually 'good' in your head but evil to someone else? It's all subjective.

Evil and good will not be judged by human standards but by God's standards. We can always make excuses for the evil things we do, citing intention and conditions and whatnot, but evil will be judged by the one who rules the heavens and will rule the earth.

Yet still he let's this farce go on. Oh wait I forgot he's trying to teach us a lesson.

And it's hilarious how so many of you people seem to know exactly what god is and what he sees and what he thinks and why he does things. He's probably face palming himself right now.

What we know for the bible tells us these things. He knows the end from the beginning and His words affect reality in the way He wants it to. You find it hilarious because you don't accept revealed religion.

You obviously live in a cave.

So will you complain about the lack of freedom if you face legal consequences for your actions?

Yeah sure because he's come over to your place and told you exactly what he is after a couple of shots of tequila

Billions are going to hell, the vast majority, so He's definately not a utilitarian.
edit on 4-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

i suppose you have read genesis where it states that god created absolutely everything and without him was not anything made. right? well, that certainly includes evil and the capacity to commit it. and somewhere in the OT, maybe isaiha, its revealed that god created the devil !

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

Just like Iraq...or Afghanistan...what is it?...8 years and counting?

How about that effort in Lybia.... all those big boys are doing a great number on Ghaddaffi, are they not?

If NATO proper can't knock out Lybia in a few weeks or...months now...how do you expect them to kick China's butt... we almost lost all of Korea thanks to China... and Russia looked not to inferior in Georgia last year.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by 547000

i suppose you have read genesis where it states that god created absolutely everything and without him was not anything made. right? well, that certainly includes evil and the capacity to commit it. and somewhere in the OT, maybe isaiha, its revealed that god created the devil !

Since evil is disobeying God, and we can make the choice to be disobey Him, then yes, He indirectly created evil. Free-will includes the capacity to be evil, but evil will be judged harshly, which is why it's important to repent.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

How do we have free will? Where is the scriptural proof that we have a free will, or the ability to make uncaused choices? In every case, scripture shows that it is God who is behind the scene of all circumstances that influence and cause a man to make the one and only choice possible under any given circumstance. (l. ray smith)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Plenty of times. Repent in general means to discontinue doing what you are doing. Many times it says that if you repent, God will forgive you. If you don't repent, you will be punished. And the action of most men is to not repent, but some few do repent.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Christ told his disciples standing there with him that some of them would not experience death; they would see him return.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

There in lies the problem. You don't listen to anyone else. I was once where you are in terms of religious beliefs. I was a born again fundamentalist christian. I "came out from among them", and did my own researching. To me, Christianity is a cult, a very dangerous cult. It takes a lot of fortitude to walk away from it and ask questions. It stays with you to some extent even after you do the researching and realize what it really is.......it destroys. I know of nothing else that causes such division, hostility, and arrogance than christianity.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

And God knows it all before you do it. How is that free?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by 547000

And God knows it all before you do it. How is that free?

Perhaps that you would choose it would be inevitable, despite being told not to? You still have a choice, but it's like despite having the choice you will not heed the warnings, and God knows this, and in the final judgement you wouldn't have much of an excuse? Or perhaps is a convergence point, where all actions lead to a final outcome in all scenarios? That at the end of time, the majority will be people who don't believe, though the specifics are not set in stone, but the general future is. Either way opens the possibility for there to be both free-will and prophecy.

Maybe an analogy would work. Suppose you program a code for AI. Even though there is room for indetermancy for the small things using a random number generator, you know how it will tend to behave, you know its general nature, and you can easily tell a path it will take in general and can easily make a statement which is true yet still have room for small indetermancies. Being the programmer, you can even code in specific events.

EDIT: I think much of the conflict we have between knowing the future and free will is because we are bound by time. We have to imagine a God that is not bound by time, who can travel forward and back in time. That way it is possible both to know what you will choose and announce it before hand, because your future is dynamic yet instantaneously knowable in the past to a being that can see and be everywhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Good point...so since the dim/libs rule washington now,the head dim/lib in chief could order those troops home tomorrow...if it is such a terrible thing,and he has the power,and he is for the people,lets get'em home...cmon hussein...do your Executive Order thing

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

There in lies the problem. You don't listen to anyone else. I was once where you are in terms of religious beliefs. I was a born again fundamentalist christian. I "came out from among them", and did my own researching. To me, Christianity is a cult, a very dangerous cult. It takes a lot of fortitude to walk away from it and ask questions. It stays with you to some extent even after you do the researching and realize what it really is.......it destroys. I know of nothing else that causes such division, hostility, and arrogance than christianity.
So you realize that "I" dont listen to anyone else,why get on here for hours and try to convince different?..."I"(Christians) believe and no Earthly prophet will change that,especially when coming on with the "Christians are idiots" track that so many on here follow...Im just wondering why the time waste?..I know why Christians do it...our religion tells us to,and since we believe,we do...but why do the anti's bother?..Is there someone driving them to put it down?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm not anti, friend. I am closer to my creator than ever before. I am relieved of the grip of christianity.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

The friend part isnt viable but Ill let it pass...as to the rest,again,why do you bother?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Why do you? I'll take back the friend part, christian.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

My question is about the waste of bandwidth/breathing air/time?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join