It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Soon the whole shebang will go off and we will have a giant mega uber closes at 02:00 #fest of a ragnarockish armageddon on our hands, in other words I am tired of people reading into the bible, oh its a war going on, like thats never happend before! Oh holy mother of the spawn of yahweh someone thought of a scenario a couple of thousands of years ago that resembles kinda what is happening today, like that couldnt happen, if you are looking for similarities you will find them.

The bible was written by highly evolved primates, highly evolved however does not mean smart, we are ripping our planet to shreds consuming # we dont need at rates beyond alarming, i think we all have overestimated the human race, we have lots of flash and pizzaz and gadgedts that make us look smart, but we're still animals, think about it, animals in charge of aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the technology we have built, and now think about that in contol of it, are animals, juuuuuuust like you and me.
We overestimate the human race, biblical tales about dumb ass wars fought by goddamn powertrippin monkey are not the prophecized hallucinatory experiences of some biblewriter of the past, its war, dumb ass unnesescary war.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Just so you know I havent been inside a church building for 25 years save for weddings, but 1 time. Dont follow men in robes.

You're still following the political authorities. They ARE the men in robes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Is this the same bible that was written by man?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Kinda like, Batman and Robin Hood vs Mr Freeze and the Joker, its sounds just as fictional than what you are talking about.

Which raises a very intriguing point.

Lets say the bible was a story book people took their morals from. Now there are some that argue that religion(broader sense as to encompass more books) also offered some form of scientific progress - which I believe to be true.

How many people are taking morals from cartoons and comic books? How many scientists read comics early on(good vs. evil being prevalent, as well as ways to remain good etc). So in that sense, these also offer a form of scientific progress.

Does that mean we should worship comics or their writers? No. But people did choose to worship books thousands of years ago, which eventually led to the scientific progress stagnating as the very science was starting to disprove the books(which could not be allowed of course - hence stagnating).

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"goddamn powertrippin monkey"

I have a feeling all the good people will be laughing in Heaven together one day about the petty differences and the truly evil people (satanist corrupt politician skull and bones war mongering demons dirty lawyers and outright evil people) will not exist. We shall see, only time will tell

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

How many people are taking morals from cartoons and comic books? How many scientists read comics early on(good vs. evil being prevalent, as well as ways to remain good etc). So in that sense, these also offer a form of scientific progress.

Lol...i think you took my comment just a little out of context there.

Does that mean we should worship comics or their writers? No. But people did choose to worship books thousands of years ago, which eventually led to the scientific progress stagnating as the very science was starting to disprove the books(which could not be allowed of course - hence stagnating).

And as for this one, this a perfect example actually, because you might as well worship a comic book,because its just as fictonal as the "holy books", look there are good morals and such in the "holy books" which i agree with, but if you go through any book im sure you will find good morals to go by that you agree with, or maybe even bad morals you should learn from,from someone elses experience.When it comes to the "holy books" in general they are just a book,not a holy book,not a fact book,not a science book, but just book or story book,nothing more,nothing less,its not that hard to understand, that is, if you want to understand.
Now the other thing is, because people worshipped "things" a hell of alot longer before books,they used to worship actual things,whether it be the Sun or a turtle, they were actual things, not a made up character like Jesus,Satan,God or the Devil.Things arent real until they materialize, so why worship something that you cant,smell,touch,see,hear,taste or any of the senses pick up on? its not until youve read a book and put a bunch of gibberish in your head,only then will you believe "gods" real,you shouldnt have to do that to tell you somethings real, either its real or its not real is how it works for our day of age understanding.Anything other just doesnt make sense to me, and i dont know why it should make sense for you.

Simple example : you want something like a loaf of bread(nice and simple,dont think too hard now lol) from your local shop, you know exactly where it is, you know its there, but until you actually see it and go up and touch it, it hasnt materialized yet,plain and simple,if your senses cant pick up on it and materialize it, then to you its non existent.

Get it?

edit on 30-6-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow, this could go on till' the end of CHRISTS 1000 year reign...However, I have a challenge for the ones on this thread who are truly seeking answers.

Go to the book of Daniel(old testament prophet) and read chapters 7- 12. There is a VERY detailed account of world events that were to come in the future.

Now on the surface it does not seem so clear due to the fact that so few of us have very little knowledge of world history. Having said that, it tells with striking detail what actually unfolded, and also what is to come

You will need some books on world history to confirm what the WORD was saying, unless of course, you are highly schooled in world history.

The brightest scholars of our day and days past, in fact, have said " that this prophecy is so detailed and so exact that it could not have possibly been written before the fact."

The Bible's prophetic accuracy rate is 100 %, that's right 100%. But don't take my word for it........if you want answers-DIG!....This is a good place to start. But I warn you! This expedition could be hazardous to your life as you know it.....................................................A seeker
edit on 30-6-2011 by radpetey because: My grammer is felonous

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

And a question for the atheists out there who are attacking the OP and those who have joined the thread to discuss his views: If you don't believe in God, and His Word, then why do topics such as this bother you?

I would not call myself an atheist, but I can answer your question.

Matter of fact is, that you would all like for people critical of "God" and "His Word" to shut up. People have gone on a murderous rampage throughout history to make sure people that spoke critically of "God" and "His Word"(I notice the capitals you are using here, you can't hide it dude) would shut up.

Seeing as this is an open forum more dedicated to denying ignorance, I think it would be nothing more than fitting to have critical voices in ALL religious threads. I bet there are Christian forums where you ban those critical, not behind-kissing critical but really critical, so why are you here asking people why they are critical of your beliefs?

Beliefs, mind you, that are encouraging a chaotic world event, inciting violence, supporting xenophobia, etc, etc.

You were saying...?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Lol...i think you took my comment just a little out of context there.

Both things are fictional. Only, one is written over 2000 years ago and the other is written in the last hundred years. One reflects on social issues 2000 years ago and the other reflects on social issues in the last hundred years. I thought it was far fetched as well, though I found it to be intriguing

And as for this one, this a perfect example actually, because tou might as well worship a comic book

Yes but it would look stupid and that's the point. Take what good you can from what you read(heroes, Jesus, etc) discard the bad(super villains, devil, etc). Why take all the bad(which could be considered as outdated morals etc) with the good(up to date view of the world).

But why worship a book?

Get it?

Yup.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

It is written as such and so by saying "Hogwash" you in fact are denying the fact and so are washing yourself in your own needless banter.

I hear what you are saying but you are saying nonsense since it was written that the people of YHWH are his "chosen" people. As to who or what YHWH is can be speculated but it cannot be denied!

Sorry bud, time to wash that off yourself!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It is written as such and so by saying "Hogwash" you in fact are denying the fact and so are washing yourself in your own needless banter.

"It is written as such"...

Deny ignorance.

I hear what you are saying

No you are not.

but you are saying nonsense since it was written that the people of YHWH are his "chosen" people.

*sigh* it is also written that you should not use the name of the lord in vain. But here you are...I'm not accusing you though, since I don't hold your belief.

As to who or what YHWH

Oops, there you went again.

is can be speculated but it cannot be denied!

Exactly. So why are you following speculations?

Sorry bud, time to wash that off yourself!

Here we go again, the religious trump card. Never gets old

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You just do not know how to stop, I don't even know why you continue!

Think about it, saying God's name is vain is saying "I am God", do you not know what vain means? Referring to GOD, God, or YAHWEH (YHWH) is not using God's name in vain, unless of course your name is Yahweh!

As for denying ignorance should we just deny the fact that the Bible exists, the Torah exists, and the Quran? No, because that would be ignorant now wouldn't it? (Don't answer that because you are just arguing for arguing sake and that just means you have no real opinion)

You missed a spot, right there on the end of your nose!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ill tell you what Zamini, i like you, i dont know why, but i like you, so ill go easy on ya bud,ok?

Both things are fictional. Only, one is written over 2000 years ago and the other is written in the last hundred years. One reflects on social issues 2000 years ago and the other reflects on social issues in the last hundred years. I thought it was far fetched as well, though I found it to be intriguing

Im glad you agree with that, you would be silly not to.

Yes but it would look stupid and that's the point

What...? and you think worshipping a "holy book" person or entity youve never met,seen,heard,touched,smelt doesnt look stupid? i mean come on, listen to yourself.

Take what good you can from what you read(heroes, Jesus, etc) discard the bad(super villains, devil, etc). Why take all the bad(which could be considered as outdated morals etc) with the good(up to date view of the world).

Im not sure what mean by the rest of that statement, so ill just leave it alone.

But why worship a book?

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Amazing post, very well thought out and convincing. Unfortunately I think the power of it was lost on this board. Wrong demographic. Everything Christian mentioned on here just gets beaten to death. But the people who do that are the most in need of the message, right?

Love how you've been dealing with the negativity. Keep smiling and keep fighting the good fight!

To those who are so offended by this and put so much time and effort into completely bashing it -- you might want to question why on earth it makes you so angry and whether your reaction would have been the same if the topic had been on something like Buddhism instead of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Amazing post, very well thought out and convincing. Unfortunately I think the power of it was lost on this board. Wrong demographic. Everything Christian mentioned on here just gets beaten to death. But the people who do that are the most in need of the message, right? Love how you've been dealing with the negativity. Keep smiling and keep fighting the good fight! To those who are so offended by this and put so much time and effort into completely bashing it -- you might want to question why on earth it makes you so angry and whether your reaction would have been the same if the topic had been on something like Buddhism instead of Christianity.

I would of posted the same thing regardless of what religion,not only that, im pretty sure i didnt get angry when posting or even thinking about it, i just posted my opinion on the matter.
Ohh, i didnt get offended either by the way, just thought id mention that because the masses are pwitty s-s-sensitwive these days...lol.
Get a cup of concrete and harden up.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by HologramDenier

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Good work and research. I wish I had the time to do what you have done here.

Thats the scary thing about all this, a man with a gun that spends this amount of time on a post like this....

This only took about an hour to create, but still I fail to see the connection between the two. Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just trolling?

What in that guys problem? That was just a blatant insult towards the topic creator, it was not a critique on the reason, logic or validity of the topic posted, which is what we are here to discuss, i hope i dont see many other people resorting to straw man techniques...

anyway as for my thoughts on the topic you are obviously quite passionate and that i admire. However when talking about religion and current affairs it is very hard to relate the two in my opinion as religion is by nature rather archaic. i am in no way part of any religion (if you understand the word religion to mean a group that follow the same spiritual beliefs and practices) i think the bible is actually a book of metaphor, and well these prophecies may be a metaphor of whats to come but they are by no means a set of guidelines / predictions (in my opinion). Prophet / prophecy never used to mean accurate predictor / prediction, it has only been in recent times that this understanding has come about, for that reason i question the validity of your topic, on a side note where i was brought up (UK) we dont have guns so it can be rather intimidating to see someone acting so casually around them but it does not offend me,

Organized religion is the bane of mankind. Both Christians and Muslims have totally ignored one of the most basic precepts of God's laws - THOU SHALT NOT KILL - and ironically enough, many times throughout history they have killed in His name. I'm willing to bet the Almighty isn't very pleased about that.

My faith is based on two things: independent, critical study of the scriptures, and the things I have experienced in my life. I would be dead right now but for the guiding and protecting hand of God. Even when I didn't believe with my whole heart, He protected me from things that should have turned me into a hunk of meat on cold metal slab.

I agree that the Bible is filled with metaphor, and allegory; Christ even says that for much of His ministry He was speaking figuratively:

John 16:25 “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.
26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.
27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.
30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”

As I said in a previous post, many things described in prophecy are described through the eyes of men who barely knew what the wheel was. What astonishes me is when they get specific, by naming nations and circumstances could only make sense in today's world.

just as clearly as i see a gun i see caring eyes, i see a loving husband and father that uses his weapons to protect rather than to attack. Thats all i really have to say.

You see with clear vision my friend. The only things I have any desire to slay are some bass - and a monster catfish I've named "Junior."

I'm going to call it a night folks. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow.

OldCrap, I'll only pull apart one part of this, (for now) since I have to get laid, but the Commandment you refer to RE: "Thou Shalt not Kill" Is actually LITERALLY converted to "Thou Shall not Commit Murder".

Meaning the premeditated, or cold blooded / "passion" Motivated killing of a person or group of people.

OldCrap, You continue to prove that "A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous thing".

Keep up the good work.

Wm. Shartner.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shartner

Ecclesiastes 3
Everything Has Its Time
1 To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Shartner

Ecclesiastes 3
Everything Has Its Time
1 To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.

Boooooringggg.

How about something from the one guy who would most certainly stub a cigarette out in the eye of god and laugh in his face. The guvnor himself, the one and only Lemmy Kilmister.

From the classic Motorhead album 1916 I give you 'No Voices in the Sky'

Nobody gives a damn about anybody else,
Think everyone should feel the way they feel themselves,
Rich men think that happiness is a million dollar bills,
So how come half of them O.D. on sleeping pills,
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, you all know what I mean,
What's the use of a cry for help, if no one hears the screams,
No one hears the scream,
No voices in the sky, confusion blinds the eye,
Can't take it with you when you die,
No voices in the sky,

The ones who dedicate the flags to make you brave,
They also consecrate the headstone on your grave,
Ritual remembrance when no one knows your name,
Don't help a single widow learn to fight the pain,

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
T.V. preachers sell salvation for a buck,
You don't need no golden cross, to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.

Amen

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by norsefire

it's in the norse writings, too. but you knew that.
there's mounting evidence that norse mythology is etymologically linked to ancient sumer, as is the book of daniel and the book of revelation.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Can't you see the smile on my face? Unless you have antlers - or try to take it away from me - you have nothing to fear.

Attaboy bubba, you tell her..

edit on 30/6/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join