It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Fatgoblin

The bush did not burn up, as the fire did not consume it, which is intriguing rather than scary.
As a general rule, fire consumes. Yes?

Yet, the bush did not "burn up".

2There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up."

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!"

And Moses said, "Here I am."

5 "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." 6Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

7 The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt." www.bibleview.org...

Ever heard of a flambe? I'm sure if Moses saw a roasted duck flambe on a table with a chef hiding under the table bellowing at him 'DONT COME ANY CLOSER blah blah blah' he'd have much the same reaction.

That being said, you're all a bunch of quacks.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by jeanne75018
Please OldCorp, could you display another avatar? Displaying a weapon is not right. I feel it like an aggression towards me.
edit on 28/6/2011 by jeanne75018 because: (no reason given)

Yes, because he has one of those "special" guns that uses IP addressed bullets that routes them through the internet and into your NIC, and then said bullets work their way through the layers of the OSI model and then come firing out of your computer screen at your face. Seriously?!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The bush I posted earlier has leaves that will drain oil. The oil on leaves can burn without damaing the leaves themselves due to the film on them. A burning bush that does not burn.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

. . .

Stone adulterers?

If you knew the symbology of marriage, you would understand it.

Kill a rebellious child?

Perhaps try reading the rest of the passage?

Deny Ignorance

--Others on the other hand some desire to not seek out the truth and simply reduce the commandment to a
twisted form of its intent and application.

The goal in such a position is to leverage emotion against the Law of God and truth of His Word. Sometimes it is an atheist or agnostic that approaches this issues in this way, and unfortunately, sometimes it is even a professing believer in the Word. The question is almost asked in the spirit of God being absolutely absurd if not downright evil for even offering such commandments. In fact, it would make the longest chapter in the Bible, Psalm 119, actually the largest joke. Whatever the reason someone might be asking questions related to capital

. . .

So when those opposed to God’s truth asks us “do you stone your children when they disobey,” they are often asking because they are trying to appeal to the emotions of a loving parent, but there is an uncomfortable logic as the premise of their question. They are effectively stating “surly all of the Bible is still not true, look at what you would have to do!”

. . .

There are only two types of people, those with the good seed, producing good fruit that are always trying to understand the Word of God the best that they can so they can apply it in their lives. There are also those
of the bad seed, producing rotten fruit that does not desire the Word of God but at best desires comfort doctrine that suits their interest and flesh.

The unfortunate truth is that the latter of the above is catering to the itching ears and turning others away from the Word. Such a teacher will find they actually have much support because scripture declares that many long for and seek and heap up such teachers--

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The bush I posted earlier has leaves that will drain oil. The oil on leaves can burn without damaing the leaves themselves due to the film on them. A burning bush that does not burn.

Awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. If only these people would look at things logically. They would much rather believe in a talking burning bush.

Insanity

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Jesus declared that he was the Son of God, a fact Muslims reject. If they reject His Divinity, relegating Him to the role of "prophet," then the Koran has nothing positive for me to quote from, and I do my best not to trash other people's beliefs.

So then are you trying to have a go at real-world political and war theory with this stuff? Or are you just trying to thump your bible here?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
Interesting discussion going on.

The nice thing about the Bible is that it provides a good overview of history -- we even get to see how everything ends before actually having to live through it.

The tough part is figuring out where all the modern day events fit in, since much of what is revealed in the end times focuses more around the Middle East region.

As for China, I think I recall a mention of kings of the east bringing a large army across a stopped up river (Euphrates?). I'm not sure if there was a mention of India. The number of cavalry mentioned is 200 million. I know that there are probably not enough horses in the world for that many people. Could John have been looking at motorcycles?
Whatever he saw, he thought it looked like cavalry (soldier on horses). Remember that John only had words from his own time to describe what he saw in a future time, so in order to try to tell his readers what he was looking at, he had to use terms that were available during his time period.

As our current times approach the times described as the end times in the Bible, we can only do our best to figure out what was being decribed by an ancient writer unfamiliar with our modern technology.

As for the attack led by Gog & Magog, what does everyone think as to how it fits into future history? Should it be something expected around the time of the Great Tribulation, or would it be something more a description of the last battle near the end of the Millenium?

I'm not going to say that I agree with everything that the ppsimmons channel on Youtube purports to be true, but they have many fascinating videos on the subject. Biblical prophets, and I'm specifically referring to St. John of Patmos, who had visions of the End Times had to describe things like tanks, helicopters, and nuclear explosions - things for which they had absolutely no reference points - by comparing them to things with which they were familiar, like horses, lions, scorpions, and locusts.

When the Bible says, "Kings of the East," I don't think it is referring just to China, but to a coalition of nations from that area of the world (East of the Euphrates.) These nations would include the Muslim nations of Pakistan and Afghanistan, both of which have become chummy with China (along with Libya) in recent years.

This video should help you understand my point; AND how the prophets described things with which they were utterly unfamiliar.

If anyone is interested in End Times prophecy, the ppsimmons channell is a MUST SEE.

This video contains information which is directly relevant to the OP: the Gog/Magog war.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey Jarhead great post! I like to keep an eye on my Bible prophesy as well. I believe the stage is in finaql construction waiting for the opening night of the show. I have to hand it to you...you really brought out the ugly trolls!! I laughed so hard at the post about someone feeling threatened because of your "weapon". Wow!!! Just a heads up folks ... ol US Marines like us probably have guns. Dont feel threatened by that, we arent going to bite you...its an extension of who we are as Marines...I know Marines are quite intimidating though. Back on topic: Your post was well laid out and presented your information very well. THe way you linked your information together was great! EVen when Israel nukes the arabs and russians people will still try to discredit the Holy Bible. I am a firm believer in it. Semper Fi Bro.

OOH RAH Brother.

Actually, I think the most intimidating thing about me are my devastating good looks and boyish charm.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
OP,why are you quoting the Old Testament,when Christ suppossedly entered into a new covernant and wiped the slate clean.Hence the New Testament? He is said to mention enemy's,or new enemy's of Christian's, but doe's not name them or describe them as those as in the Old Testament.Christainity is supposed to be about love and turning the other cheek, even embrasing your enemy's and sinner's a like.Yet spread over numerous posts of yours over the years you have expressed alot of hatred towards Muslems.That does not seem very loving or Christian to me?
I am curious as to why as a Christian you are quoting Hebrew scripture rather than Christian scripture???
It appear's to me your Lord is the former League of Nation's and the Current UN,as all the current event's that echo your claims of past and present can be traced back to them.So are they a bunch of Zelot's self forfilling ancient scriptures or what? If you say this is all in the now ! Then the Anti-Christ,the one who decieves the world is here too and if anyone fit's this description today it is the man who governs you.Obama.

I am not having ago at you or even disagreeing withyou,I would like to come to understand how you reach your conclusion as a Christian following Hebrew sciptures? or did you convert to Judeasim? You haven't stated.I look forward to understanding.

edit on 28-6-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

As far as my "hatred of Muslims," I addressed that a couple of posts back. When it comes to the OT vs the NT, this fella said it quite nicely, and as I'm running short on time, I'll let him answer for me as he did a pretty good job:

Originally posted by Godsontoo
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I have heard several other people under the impression that Christ ended the old testament with his new covenant but nothing could be further from the truth. This is the bad teachings of man , Jesus himself said I did not come to change the law but to fulfill the law. The churches of today do not teach Gods word properly and that is why their are so many denominations giving different view points. The book of revelation sums it all up out of the seven churches mentioned by Jesus only two, Smyrna and Philidelphia did Jesus approve of. The only thing these churches have in common is they teach of the synagog of Satan.

And by the way OP great post but don't expect to many people on this site to agree .

"Over the years?"
I've only been a member here since around last Thanksgiving. Did you follow me from LL?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
P.S. Now this is not to say that something bad is not gong to happen over there because all other current event evidence points that way, not because of a "2,500 year old vision from God." I think faith is a great thing but it can lead people to be blinded by their convictions after all you did say you where indoctrinated in this belief from pre-K-12.

I also said that I didn't take it to heart until I did my own independent study. While it is true that I was taught the basics in school, it wasn't until my mid 40's that I truly believed, and it was not because of what anyone told me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
The OP doesn't offer any line of thinking or logical step to follow explaining why Iranian underground missiles lead him to Gog and Magog.

For sure, it would be interesting to know on what the OP's opinion was formed. What's this other bit of proof ? That Iran has weapons ?

You have to read the OP in it's totality. Iranian missiles, and their seething hatred of Israel, are merely one of the catalysts in the Gog/Magog war. The fact they they are almost ready to act on Ahmadinejad's Twelver/Mahdi-centric ideology was the impetus for the post.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate

Originally posted by HologramDenier

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Good work and research. I wish I had the time to do what you have done here.

Thats the scary thing about all this, a man with a gun that spends this amount of time on a post like this....

This only took about an hour to create, but still I fail to see the connection between the two. Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just trolling?

What in that guys problem? That was just a blatant insult towards the topic creator, it was not a critique on the reason, logic or validity of the topic posted, which is what we are here to discuss, i hope i dont see many other people resorting to straw man techniques...

anyway as for my thoughts on the topic you are obviously quite passionate and that i admire. However when talking about religion and current affairs it is very hard to relate the two in my opinion as religion is by nature rather archaic. i am in no way part of any religion (if you understand the word religion to mean a group that follow the same spiritual beliefs and practices) i think the bible is actually a book of metaphor, and well these prophecies may be a metaphor of whats to come but they are by no means a set of guidelines / predictions (in my opinion). Prophet / prophecy never used to mean accurate predictor / prediction, it has only been in recent times that this understanding has come about, for that reason i question the validity of your topic, on a side note where i was brought up (UK) we dont have guns so it can be rather intimidating to see someone acting so casually around them but it does not offend me,

Organized religion is the bane of mankind. Both Christians and Muslims have totally ignored one of the most basic precepts of God's laws - THOU SHALT NOT KILL - and ironically enough, many times throughout history they have killed in His name. I'm willing to bet the Almighty isn't very pleased about that.

My faith is based on two things: independent, critical study of the scriptures, and the things I have experienced in my life. I would be dead right now but for the guiding and protecting hand of God. Even when I didn't believe with my whole heart, He protected me from things that should have turned me into a hunk of meat on cold metal slab.

I agree that the Bible is filled with metaphor, and allegory; Christ even says that for much of His ministry He was speaking figuratively:

John 16:25 “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.
26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.
27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.
30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”

As I said in a previous post, many things described in prophecy are described through the eyes of men who barely knew what the wheel was. What astonishes me is when they get specific, by naming nations and circumstances could only make sense in today's world.

just as clearly as i see a gun i see caring eyes, i see a loving husband and father that uses his weapons to protect rather than to attack. Thats all i really have to say.

You see with clear vision my friend. The only things I have any desire to slay are some bass - and a monster catfish I've named "Junior."

I'm going to call it a night folks. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So what happens if this war doesnt start within 6 months?? or is just an ongoing thing that has been said over and over again in the last 10 years??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
So what happens if this war doesnt start within 6 months?? or is just an ongoing thing that has been said over and over again in the last 10 years??

If it doesn't happen in 6 months they'll postpone it again and again and again until something fairly major does happen one day and they'll jump up and say 'AHA TOLD YOU SO' 'BEHOLD THE POWAH OF THA LAWDDD'

And if nothing ever happens they'll just shrug their shoulders and say ''God works in mysterious ways and he has a plan for us and he's just waiting to get his party suit back from the tailor yadda yadda''

These guys hold the winning ticket in the idiot lottery.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
The OP doesn't offer any line of thinking or logical step to follow explaining why Iranian underground missiles lead him to Gog and Magog.

For sure, it would be interesting to know on what the OP's opinion was formed. What's this other bit of proof ? That Iran has weapons ?

You have to read the OP in it's totality. Iranian missiles, and their seething hatred of Israel, are merely one of the catalysts in the Gog/Magog war. The fact they they are almost ready to act on Ahmadinejad's Twelver/Mahdi-centric ideology was the impetus for the post.

It doesn't explain anything, any weapon would do, nothing links specifically to Ezekiel.

FYI, the Commander-in-chief of Iran is the Supreme Leader of Iran, Ali Khamenei. Ahmadinejad is a lesser figure.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

oh i dunno, i don't think i'm dumb/idiotic/stupid/ignorant/foolish/naive/backwards/insane, although i might be a wee bit more analytical than some other people, and i might have a penchant for connecting dots, dealing with metaphors and exploring how the ancient world connects to what we know today about science, and i might have this silly notion that there's a spiritual realm (perhaps it's the fourth dimension).

but if you don't like that, there's always this version

i'm going to theorize, that most of the people you think are idiotic, are actually nothing of the sort. you probably need to rethink your insults and come up with one that's more appropo.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
One thing religious types tend to never mention is the fact the bible is made up of books that were hand picked by the church and a Roman Emporor and any other books written or that didn't make the final bible were deemed heretical now why is that??? Simple they wanted power over people that still exsists today, as for these books that didn't make the bible only have a handful been discovered and i'm guessing they reside somewhere in the vaults of the Vatican, so how do we know what is real and what is not!
One more thing to consider is the book of Revelation has been considered to be happening during every generation of man since the bible was first read, what makes our generation any different to other generations throughout time???
I'm not religious at all, i'm a spiritual person who doesn't believe in god i believe in life after death and reincarnation though and i have done alot of research on the subject and i believe the plagues in the bible did actually happen but science has explained exactly what happened and it leaves no doubt and definatly nothing devine about them as for revelation if it is read correctly it can be assigned to any place in time and my belief is revelation is simply aimed at the overthrow of the mighty Roman Empire but of course people will never accept that and keep assigning to present day happeneings so that they have something to believe in!
Again i know truly religious people will never accept this because of their need to make sense of the world today, i cannot prove or disprove that god exsists and i would never try to although i am expecting a backlash here from religious people this is just my personal take on the whole of the bible and that is it's a historical record of what happened in ancient times and as for revelation like i said it's nothing more then a desperate oppressed Isralites talking of god intervening on their behalf to overthrow the Roman Empire.
edit on 30-6-2011 by KeeperOfGenisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The "bush" is a Dictamnus. In the summer it is covered with a flammable substance. It can catch fire quickly in hot weather.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Free will does not actually and literally mean that one can make choices, create, or change his mind, but that those choices and t hought processes must themselves be free thoughts and free choices. There is no scriptural proof for man having a "free will". In every case scripture shows that it is God who is behind the scene of all circumstances that influence and cause a man to make the one and only choice possible under any given circumstance. (L. Ray Smith)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Absolutely correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join