It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma91

I certainly am not an atheist. I used to be a right wing fundamental nut job. I walked away, studied and researched for years.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

Geez, how about the entire OT?? Killing of innocent women, children and men? Rape? Incest?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I suggest www.remnantofgod.org regarding the Vatican. The owner of the website has been doing his research for 25 years, is an ex catholic, and has thousands of pages, videos, articles, and quotes as well as references. His math is dead on, the numbers are all right there in front of you.

This topic is about Mag and Magog, why is everyone attacking each other? This is the problem, yes religion is a problem, because its organized and biased. You shouldn't concern yourself with others, look over yourself and your family. Your not going to change someones view with a view references and some smart aleck remarks. When was the last time you convinced someone of something? Anyone ever look at you and say "Dang man, your right. Never thought of it that way...". I never have. Don't think I ever will hear someone make that statement. Peoples minds are already made up, in my opinion its the end times and unless the actual person answers the knocking on their door, they will never wake up. When I tell people of these events, such as mark of the beast or RFID or sabbaths, I tell them "Look, you learned a bunch of useless crap in school, but someday you may use a piece of that useless crap. Just hear us out, take it as useless information, and when the time comes to use it, its available." Isn't that what this website is about? Being above ignorance? Learning new stuff that may or may not be possible or true?

I do not agree with religion. I don't believe Jesus (who I believe because he is attacked so much by rock, rap, r&b, television, politicians, and anyone else who loves money more than the gospel) I don't believe Jesus said "Start a religion called so and so, collect money from them, change the books, kill anyone who isn't this particular religion..." No. He preached the gospel and taught us the way we should live as to get closer to God. I don't believe man can do it without a representation, just like you couldn't represent yourself in the court system, if you come to judgment you will want representation and so far it looks like Jesus is the only one on the bar.

For all we know, when this all boils down, we'll all be sitting in a dark room being asked if we learned from our mistakes. God is our Father, and we are in time out. Mankind was given freewill, and look what we've done with it. Be glad I'm not God, because I would have been ashamed of my creation and destroyed it. This God loves us unconditionally and wishes none would perish. So let's stop the bickering and be productive.

Do you think its right for people to steal, kill, commit adultery, love anyone more than their Creator, worship false idols, or any of the other laws God has bestowed on us? If you do, than your just a sick person that deserves to be locked up for life. But if you feel bad about committing adultery, or know its wrong to kill or steal, than whats wrong with what Jesus said? Poor guy preached a message, crucified, taunted, laughed at, and now we blame our actions on his message? WRONG!! People fall for temptation, and we fell. We were above the grand canyon of the universe, and when we sinned (out of our free will we chose this path) we were dropped into the grand canyon. The universe is infinite, and so is your soul A hundred years life span is nothing but a molecule of time in this infinite time universe. We deserved this 30 minutes of corner time. Put on your dunce hats, write I will not sin again 1000 times, whatever. We did this, not God.

And check out this video I just found today. www.lewrockwell.com...

And this one makes it look sexy for the old people. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

The GOP would put the troops back into a war, somewhere! They always do.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Acts 10:34,35 "God is no respecter of persons."

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

ha ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by octotom

Oh, we realize that there were more prophets than those we recognize; we just call them false prophets.

How was muhammed a false prophet lmao? He is in the same line as Noah, jesus, moses, jacob, adam, abraham. These are all abrahamic religions and thus muhammed was not a false prophet.

In fact Muhammad PBUH preached very very highly of Jesus PBUH

Now this is where things become so murky for me. I don't understand this, as it seems to sidestep everything
thing that Christianity is about. Very confusing and yet , it sets the stage perfectly.

Guitarplayer

How can Muhammad be a false prophet? the answer is very simple actually. The prophets of the OT spoke of the comming of the Christ who was and is Jesus the Son of God. Muhammad says that Jesus was just a prophet and that is all, so by denighing Christ Muhammad becomes a false prophet. The NT appiosels stated that if anyone comes preaching a differnt Christ a differnt Jesus then they are acursed.

They do deny Christ but does this make all muslims infedels ?
edit on 28-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

No it would make them gentiles. No infedels is Christianity

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There are many here that do not even address the OP...they are merely attacking Christianity or the Bible or religion in general.

I like analogies and mataphors, very colorful and like verbal photographs... a good analogy is worth a thousand words.

Organized religion has done for Christianity what Taco Bell has done for true Mexican cuisine... and it is sad, indeed.

So much of what the athiest say is true, but without realizing it...they support the true vision of Christ. Thee Church is truthfully made up of humble, insignificant homes and small insignificant groups that make a real difference in a community or town... and together a region or the world.

Athiest and Christian and any other group of faith can join to give generously, lovingly, selflessly,...as a Libertarian... we do not have to share similar views, but similar goals. Jesus said to Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged... so leave the judging to God. Let us persue a common endeavor of love and compassion in our shared times of trouble. Prophesied or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by EspyderMan

Perhaps he meant that there are certain individuals who attempt to fulfill prophecies from the Bible and other writings. Sort of a "if it isn't true I will make it true."

Wow but just read 38 and 39 and try to figure someone putting that together on this scale, in the now, to make it look like a prophesied event has unfolded. Not to mention that God would not allow one of his most if not the most important slated futrue event about Israel get side railed for the use of others.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
This is nothing more then you guessing at this point like hundreds have done in the past. Guess what you all have in common? You're all wrong!

The answer is easy and right in front of you ... L O V E

Pray for it, spread it, send it all around. IF you are truely a Christian, it's what Christ taught and it is the hardest thing to do.

You are so right. I am going to L O V E it when 38 & 39 come to pass.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
Great Job!!

As a Christian, I really do feel that Jesus is coming back for us very soon!

Now is the time to tell all who can hear,about Jesus Christ and pray that they
accept Him as their Lord and Savior!

There is not much time left people, get your hearts right before He comes!

Wow how original

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, I got to page 13, then skipped to the end, page 21 currently. I wanted to reply to several people en route, but withstood the urge to post my emotions.

I respect the OP, have read his comments on several other threads, so I feel I am qualified to say that he is a decent earnest person with his own views. Consistency matters. It shows your character. When TSHTF I'd like him in my camp. I'll allow him to blather his views as long as he remains a contributing member of society. Performance matters. He took the time to create a controversial post, and his grammar is better than 99% of the trolls that posted here. However, marines tend to be close minded, it's part of their conditioning, and thankfully, he turned religious. Religion in itself is not bad, but human greed coupled with religion is pure evil. I'll state for the record I'm pagan, a heathen, neither in the religion camp nor the atheist camp. A druid actually, teaching. Courtesy matters. Without civility, we'd all revert to feral mammals, and this thread is about the start collapse of human civilization, from one person's POV, and I can easily accept it as such. Civilization is about the interaction of humans within a common frame of reference mutually agreed upon. If that goes, well, simply put, we're back to the stone age living in tribal communities. Think twice before reacting from emotion, and try to see the bigger picture the OP presents.

I'll spin things a bit differently. All this war and Magog stuff about war is actually about metaphors to determine how a human mind thinks. Is the war taking place inside your own mind? Perhaps.

Is there a judgement as to how you think?

Hhmmm. Why does every civilization known to man have a belief system? Is to not believe in something akin to psychological suicide? Is the human brain evolved to just survive and be fit, or is there an underlying scheme that we can't fathom?

I'd definitely say something like mental warfare is occurring in this thread, lots of negative thoughts versus positive thoughts. The negative thoughts were winning. I'll go out on a limb for the OP, and say the way we view world events says a lot about our own mentality, and what we put into words pre-determines our disposition in actually perceiving those events. The ability to produce a word that invokes an emotional response from another human is a form of power, whether positive or negative, and greed is the major player in that equation.

So perhaps, giving the fact that I am still out on a limb here, that the actual war talked about is going to be a spiritual (mental) one, and not a physical one, or, worse yet, perhaps both at the same time.

Personally, I'm always humbled by the fact that we are just a drop in the bucket of evolutionary time. "A day is as a thousand years, in the eyes of god." Both science and religion talk about eternity, infinity, long periods of time unfathomable to the normal human being. I did the math once, try it for yourself:

I am god, so one day equals 1000 years of human history. The baseline is 24 hours of human time is equal to 8,760,000 hours of god's time. Given the ratio, humans live for about 27 minutes in god's eyes as opposed to 80 years in human time. Check my math. To god, I live for about a half hour. I am currently about 22 minutes old. I accept my mortality.

Make the most of your time here on earth. Quit quibbling over wars, quit hating others, it's all in your head. The anti-christ is the person who doesn't see the message of christ. Meh, the message of christ was LOVE. Anyone who can't love, or doesn't know how, meh, listen to the people who know love. There are many who know love, I've met many on my journey here on earth, and I believe that love is the ticket. If the OP examines his base beliefs, yep, he's already in my camp.

The war about good and evil where good wins? It could be in fact a projection of our own minds onto reality. Just my speculations. I'd like to say all people are inherently good, however twisted in their own minds by their upbringing, and are inhibited to see reality. The mechanism to reveal our morality is religion, but it doesn't have to be. It's a choice. Your mind feels the need to pick right over wrong, social stability over chaos and anarchy. The bitterness comes into play because people can't sort through the garbage and see what is right.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
by spreading your message it is unavoidable to not spread the enemies as well, that is why propaganda was invented BTW.
Semper Fi!
edit on 29-6-2011 by Brotherman because: To clarify when I said enemy I do not mean mine because I personally do not believe in GOG and MAGOG wars or Christian Muslim Rivalry or what ever you will call it just saying this is an us against them type of post again JUST SAYING

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just for you: I'm not a "Young Earth Creationist." I believe in evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth. To me, science and my faith are not mutually exclusive.

So then why is there absolutely no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? You'd think someone would want to include at least a small snippet of a planet full of gigantic lumbering lizards. But no we get a magical garden with a talking snake.

Brainwashed christians with guns. America's no.1 solution for world peace.

Hmmmm... and how exactly would you know there are no dinosaurs mentioned in the bible? I suppose you have read it cover to cover? Obviously not, and here, I'll save you the trouble:

www.totheends.com...

Well genius I have read the Bible since I've had that thing shoved in my face since I was a child.

I addressed the 'dinosaur' issue in another post so if you had bothered reading it you probably wouldn't have bothered posting again.

Anyway my point is that every description of 'dinosaurs' in the bible are utterly vague and could refer to any land dwelling or aquatic creature under the sun. Imagine 2000 years ago a guy suddenly comes across a hammerhead shark for the first time while fishing. It would freak him out. He'd probably think it's one of Satans minions that's come to bring about doom and destruction. He runs back to his town and describes this horrific 'monster' to everyone and next thing you know it ends up in a book full of vague nonsense about completely natural things.

I've seen this stuff work first hand here in India. There are still villagers who live in the jungles/forests here who think some wild animals are evil spirits/demons that have come to torment them. Last year a bunch of us visited one of these villages and the villagers told us that sometimes at night a giant beast with glowing eyes that breathes fire and with claws so big that it chops down trees comes to the village at night to punish them if they do not offer milk/coconut/offerings to the statues of their goddess. Sounds like a dragon right?

Glowing eyes - Check
Breathes fire - Check
Giant claws - Check

Turned out to be a panther that tramples through their paddy crops and whose breath 'smokes' in the night due to the mist and who happens to nab the odd chicken or calf every now and then.
So basically the villagers tended to either be very vague or over-exaggerate with their descriptions of the animal due to their superstitious beliefs.

The descriptions of Behemoth, Levaiathan and many other creatures could be anything from an elephant to a hippo to a whale to a squid to a vulture and everything in between. Just because these creatures were described very fuzzily in the bible doesn't meant they were referring to dinosaurs.

And anyway that's the bibles speciality. Ambiguity and exaggeration.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Although I do not believe everything this post present, I do believe this is the most reasonable and logical explanation of the great war to come. I, just like most ATS members, believe something BIG is about to happen.

I agree (research to be done though) with the author of this post in which countries will be the aggressors and how it will play out but some of the information, like that provided in the videos, was never talked about. I want to know what GOD, as he is presented Ezekiel, is.

After Israel is attacked and virtually destroyed, GOD will present himself and every man will know about it and will be unable to avoid it. Also in the video it provided a representation that the individuals who wrote the Bible wrote it with the limited vocabulary that existed at the time. Instead of saying comet or meteor they referred to the object in the sky, that rained down hail/fire/brimstone, as GOD. It is a simple translation of what we think we know today and what they thought they knew then. But I would like to have other's opinions on the subject. What is going to accompany this Great War?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Sorry guys; this is a lot out of order, but there is no time like the present to come out of that water a new man.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Three thoughts came to mind:

1) I worry that our imperfect ability to foresee even that which has been foretold, may very well have us unwitting participants with evil-- that is, if we are too certain of our own interpretation. Disappointment does the opposite of encourage, does it not?

2) Certainly there is a correspondence between modern Israel and part of the description, but... turning to the reference in Revelation 20, I find any similarity missing. If there is saintly spiritual power and godliness practiced by modern Israeli's, then I am horribly misinformed-- it seems nearly entirely a secular nation. The Jews I see and have known-- now those are some holy and godly people.

3) I really want to believe that prophecy will be fulfilled soon, but know to look for reasons why I ought not to expect it soon, despite my desires for it to be so.

I don't need to be vindicated anymore than God does, but I am so weary of the evil men do that I am very tired of waiting. Man will never overcome what the world has become, and so I wait for God to act-- increasingly certain it will be too late for me and many who I love in that hope has been overwhelmed by despair.

We live in an age when people who can help do not; and so the wounded and the downtrodden are only ministered to by others like them-- who can only bind wounds, but cannot restore. If the time for God to save is not now...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by EspyderMan

Perhaps he meant that there are certain individuals who attempt to fulfill prophecies from the Bible and other writings. Sort of a "if it isn't true I will make it true."

Wow but just read 38 and 39 and try to figure someone putting that together on this scale, in the now, to make it look like a prophesied event has unfolded. Not to mention that God would not allow one of his most if not the most important slated futrue event about Israel get side railed for the use of others.

Take Aleister Crowley for example though. He named himself as the Beast 666 in an attempt to make himself just that. I'm very sure that there have been times in history when men have attempted to fulfill Bible prophecies and other prophecies. Surely, you can admit that there are men who are insane enough to do these things.

This "God" allows all human beings free will, and having free will means the ability to do as they please. That's why all Christians are supposed to question whether or not the events that occur are really of God's doing or not.
edit on 6/29/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Very well thought out, and put together OP, thank you. I am following along,
cheering here and there, reading lots of great replies...and learning.

reply to post by PhantomLimb

How is it that this thread only has 20 pages in Skunk Works and yet it has been on the front page of ATS for almost two days?

The thread was on the front page of ATS as it has 135 flags, and hundreds of stars, and
20 pages of replies, which demonstrates ATS members have a huge interest in this topic.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

Oh, and its not in Skunk Works
edit on 30-6-2011 by burntheships because:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

The descriptions of Behemoth, Levaiathan and many other creatures could be anything from an elephant to a hippo to a whale to a squid to a vulture and everything in between. Just because these creatures were described very fuzzily in the bible doesn't meant they were referring to dinosaurs.

And, they could just as easily be that of which they were described to be, and much more likely so
than your argument of implausibility "everything imbetween"

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join