It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how haters will go to religious threads, rant and rave, and then accuse the OP of trying to shove religion down their throat

A) Nobody "forced" you to read a long religious thread.

B) You could have bailed out after one paragraph if you weren't smart enough to figure out that it was a religious thread.

C) The only example I EVER see of people trying to "FORCE" their points of view down people's throats are, in fact, the supposedly "peace loving" religion-haters and the hypocritical atheists who "supposedly" are the defenders of free speech... (I guess free speech only applies to non-religious people)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
been pondering how this event might unfold and how it might be viewed differently, depending on who was doing the looking. since god claims he's going to do the deed, i decided to check up on what god looks like when he shows up on the planet.

Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire

Job 40:6 Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said ,

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber , out of the midst of the fire .

(note: an artist's depiction of that would be useful here)

now if we're to take these references as literal appearance (there are incidences where it's figurative and also where it's mundane as well but this example suggests a literal appearance), does anybody know what a whirlwind, pillar of cloud, pillar of fire, actually is representing in these references other than the presence of god? cause i gots me an idea that this whirlwind concept is another example of words having more than one meaning and/or application, even in their literal form.

interesting video attempt to depict ezekiel 1. (the spirit in wheels within wheels, to and fro lightning flashing thing). i don't think this is exactly accurate but it does have a certain ....erm, visual science to it.

in revelation

edit on 29-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If this thread is any indication whatsoever, it appears the OP was correct.

But is it the actual act of God, or is it the creation of the meme that is responsible for the wheels now in motion?

Peace, Love and Understanding are Universal Principles.

Any printed word that undermines that is strictly for political purposes.

Spread That Word, and watch the whole prophecy fizzle.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by EspyderMan

God doesn't cause the end times, people do. It would be nice if PEOPLE would take responsibility for their own actions instead of using god as a crutch. That makes you guys both dishonest, and selfish. You are responsible for the evils in this world, even though you think you are so good and religious and devoted to good. YOU ARE.

This god crutch is exactly what is screwed up in this world, religion wasn't meant to teach people to shirk their responsibility in their hand in the destruction of this world and for that, EVEN YOU DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL. Stop aquiescing to the end times, and fight for your bloody existance and take responsibility for yourselves.

That was exactly my point, focusing on end times and when it will happen so we can be good for a time until it's over is ridiculous. Focus on doing well all the time regardless if the end is near or not.

People don't cause end times though, I am sorry. So far nothing has ended, your logic is flawed in that regard.

Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire

Job 40:6 Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said ,

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber , out of the midst of the fire .

Funny this whole prophecy is written in the past tense. It reads as if it already passed. Why then is it automatically attributed to a future event? Plain English debunks that theory easily.
edit on 29-6-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
When I began comparing the events that were foretold in the Bible to history and the headlines that I read in today's news, the logical side of my brain tells me that there is NO WAY they could have been as accurate as they are without some type of Divine inspiration.

Just have to say that, being a left brain thinker when I want to be, that these prophecies could be true because the people that wrote the bible also control the world, thus, plans unfold and it looks like divine intervention.
Also, lots of religions have prophesies that have been fairly accurate (the mayans/summerians/navaho), so it might be that the divine is out there, but had nothing to do with religion... its just been interpreted differently by so many different people that the source is lost.

I just pose those to you because I am a very spiritual person, but can never, given what I know of other religions and the similarities and how much was ripped from one another, believe that any religion on earth is the one true religion... they're all just too, human.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

well technically speaking, it's akin to watching a preview of a film coming to a theater near you. it ain't here yet, but you get to see glimpses of it, before it is. at least, that's what prophecy is apparently suggesting, that the prophet is seeing important snippets of future events and attempting to describe what was seen using the vocabulary, cultural symbols, of the timeframe in which he's writing it down.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey, OldCorp. Hope you read this. Anyway, I haven't had much time to go through all 20 pages of this so far, and I hope it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Michael Heiser's done some research on the aforementioned topic. I'll have to find it a little later, but if I remember right, he explicitly warns against identifying "Rosh" with Russia. Again, going by memory here, but I believe that he said, linguistically, that it more properly identifies the Antichrist himself.

Which would mean that said chapters in Ezekiel, despite what prophecy scholars thought, ARE the battle of Armageddon, prophetically.

Now, I'm still not sure what to believe. (And who IS?) However, he made a pretty convincing case. I myself am still looking out because I believe that the destruction of Damascus is next on the prophetic timetable. Also, I myself am still on the fence about this whole thing to begin with, but prophecy IS pretty convincing. Appreciate the thread, bro.

We'll talk later.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with this, it is currently very hard to identify Christians that is because even though there are many that say they are followers of Christ they do not study his word but rather follow mans word. Having said this the Bible even states this fact that many will deny him as it is most evident in this thread and in this generation. Keep up the work for the day of the Lord is at hand.

As for the fact, and it is a fact that so called religious people do start wars and many say they do so in the name of a god however this is not what TRUE Christians believe in. As a friend of mine once told me, just because many say they follow Christ but do not follow his word doesn't make all Christians evil. To judge a whole people based on a few miss guided souls makes you a ignorant person.

I for-one do not need to fight for the name of my God because he is the beginning and the end and has no desire for me to fight in his name. He created all things, the last thing he needs is for me going out killing in his name. He has the power and authority to destroy his own creation and the only thing that my God desires is our love, nothing more and you show him love by seeking his face and studying his word.

It is funny how so many people post on topics and they are only guessing to know the will of God. Now let me conclude that when I type "God" that I'am talking about the God of Abram, Issac and Jacob.

I will say this to all you so called NON-BELIEVERS out there, you all worship something no matter who or what that something is. For some it is in the believe of a myth of evolution that is only a THEORY put out there buy one man. A theory that even Darwin himself denied on his death bed because when we die and we all will die you will believe or at least think this one thought, "Could I be wrong, and God really does exist"?

I am not writing this to convince any of you to believe in "God" but rather to highlight that no man knows the will of another, let alone "God". We live our life's on this ship called Earth and we are no more wiser now than we where 1000's of years ago. We can't defeat death, we can't explore the star's in person, and we really only think we control or own destiny, no one has ever lived over a 1000 years so how can one say the world is over a billion years old? Carbon dating? Really? You find 1000 scientist out there that place 100% "faith" in this and I can find 1000 more that can in some form or fashion disprove it. So you will spend a life time and have all the faith in the world about evolution that is only a theory but deny the "Word of God".

I think both "God and evolution" require faith but whom do you worship? With all your so called facts and all your so called knowledge you have yet to scratch the surface of the unknown. I find it all so funny how you intellects deny the existence of God yet place your faith in science. Thus you worship science as your god, oh ye of little faith in the only one and true God.

I will end this by stating this, "My God created yours!!!"

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How is it that this thread only has 20 pages in Skunk Works and yet it has been on the front page of ATS for almost two days?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Perhaps he meant that there are certain individuals who attempt to fulfill prophecies from the Bible and other writings. Sort of a "if it isn't true I will make it true."

link   
reply to post by OldCorp

TO THE OP: are you aware of this, which happened (actually did happen) many years ago......

An historic event occurred in Jerusalem this January, an event chronicled widely in Israel's newspapers but omitted entirely by America's Zionist controlled and owned press. President George W. Bush, visiting the nation of Israel, was presented with a rabbinical decree, the Scroll of Bush. The Scroll declared that he, Bush, is none other than the prophesied Gog, of the land of Magog; that is, Chief Prince of Meshech and Tubal.

Read more at the Source www.texemarrs.com...

This kind of shows your Russia 'connection' to be er, wrong. No?

link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Jesus didn't pack.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

They couldn't. This story of Gog and Magog is out of the OT. Do you believe that every word, incident and story in the OT is the "inspired" word of God? Seriously, do you? Stone adulterers? Kill a rebellious child? I just want to make sure I know where you are coming from.
edit on 29-6-2011 by aero56 because: inor

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

All generations have their dangerous times.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

It's like when a couple get married and one spouse is convinced that one day the other will stray. She/he looks for the signs, ah ha, begins to think the spouse is cheating and she or he makes him or herself more distant. Ah, ha, the other spouse does indeed have an affair!! The suspicious spouse has in effect, set the stage and created circumstances where the other spouse could have an affair. If you think it could happen, why not try to avoid it at all costs, as opposed to setting the stage, and waiting for it to happen?
edit on 29-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by youareblind

I thought Christ already returned, to "that" generation, you know, the one in which the disciples lived, and some would not pass away until He returned?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by OldCorp

Well i mean what did God/ Anti-Christ /Religion / Deities have to do with anything!? for the last 5 billion years on Earth before humans existed.

I'm certain none of this stuff was pertinent to any other life form; that existed on Earth far before humans arose.

Which asks us to consider the validity of humans silly claims to importance and personifying man in god's image.

That is if there is god

I suppose no-one can know the answer to this question though.

I'm Agnostic Peace!

When I make my famous four alarm chili, I start out by soaking my beans overnight. I suppose I could just plop some of that Castleberry crap out of a can into a pot and have something ready in five minutes; but my way is SO much better.

Being agnostic means that you are unsure there is a God, am I correct? Well ask yourself how men 2,500-3,500 years ago could predict what is going on in the world today with such uncanny accuracy without a little help from Someone who can view human history - from beginning to end - from outside linear space-time. Perhaps that will convince you that there is more to our existence than what we can discern with our 5 senses.

This is nothing more then you guessing at this point like hundreds have done in the past. Guess what you all have in common? You're all wrong!

The answer is easy and right in front of you ... L O V E

Pray for it, spread it, send it all around. IF you are truely a Christian, it's what Christ taught and it is the hardest thing to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually Dinosaurs seem to be mentioned in the Bible !

Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24

It “eats grass like an ox.”
It “moves his tail like a cedar.” (In Hebrew, this literally reads, “he lets hang his tail like a cedar.”)
Its “bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.”
“He is the first of the ways of God.”
“He lies under the lotus trees,
In a covert of reeds and marsh.”

Leviathan has the following attributes according to Job chapter 41, Psalm 104:25,26 and Isaiah 27:1. This is only a partial listing—just enough to make the point.

“No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up.”
“Who can open the doors of his face, with his terrible teeth all around?”
“His rows of scales are his pride, shut up tightly as with a seal; one is so near another that no air can come between them; they are joined one to another, they stick together and cannot be parted.”
“His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lights; sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke goes out of his nostrils, as from a boiling pot and burning rushes. His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth.”
“Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail; nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; slingstones become like stubble to him. Darts are regarded as straw; he laughs at the threat of javelins.”
“On earth there is nothing like him, which is made without fear.”
Leviathan “played” in the “great and wide sea” (a paraphrase of Psalm 104 verses 25 and 26—get the exact sense by reading them yourself).
Leviathan is a “reptile [a] that is in the sea.” (Isaiah 27:1)
[a] Note: The word translated “reptile” here is the Hebrew word tanniyn. This shows that “Leviathan” was also a “tanniyn” (dragon).

Unlike behemoth, who is huge, Leviathan was ferocious and terrifying.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

You know, I attended a Pentecostal church, years ago, where the preacher did believe that dinosaurs never existed.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join