It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by OldCorp

That in itself is astonishing and unprecedented, but to have it predicted thousands of years ago defies logic unless there is Someone looking out for them, and using supernatural means to tell us all about it (and in the process giving that group of people hope that they have NOT been abandoned by their Father in Heaven and that one day they would once again be welcomed home to the land which was promised to them.)

And again begs the question what does Religion/ Anti-Christ/ God/ Deities have to do with the history on Earth before humans arose which happens to be around 5 billion years old

The lands were there long before humans made up some Deity/God that promised any land to them.

With all due respect "TheUniverse" you did not answer the OP's question to you here. How did ancient scripture foretell the re-establishment of Israel which only happened as recently as the 1960's? For that matter, how did it foretell the destruction of Israel?
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

I'm not obliged to answer specific questions the OP states but i did post something on-topic. Why do you ask?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What I want to know is:

When do we get to Ezekiel the 9th Chapter...?

That's what really counts IMHO.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

There is nothing plain about it. It's vague just like everything else in the bible. The same psychobabble has been repeated every time there is a war, or rumors of a war. This is no different. The ME has been at war since man has been there. It will continue and every time there is a conflict in the area another psychobabble will raise up claiming it is the prophesy being fulfilled yet again. Personally, I have better things to do than to worry about some old myths perpetuating and ruling my life as I see fit to live it.

There is but one god, look in the mirror and you shall see him. You are god and to imply that a mystical being controls your every move and knows all shows lack of self worth and conviction that YOU are in control of your own life, and no one else.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

If we are free as God deems us to be, if we have free will, why then do the bonds of prophecy control us? Seems to me either God is lying about free-will (which i doubt) or the bible has been edited to work for the religions who preach the word and choose their enemies.

Fact is, we will never know the real truth until the end if it does in fact come as a world wide ideal or, something that happens to all of us when we pass.

Isn't it a bit Odd that Isreal is revered yet Muslim nations in the bible are not? Isn't it Odd in the Koran that the Muslims are revered and the rest of the world is not? Do you not see some logic in this thought pattern where the bible your reading may in fact be misleading you, us?

To deny this is to be ignorant. Re-read these prophecies when its translated properly, and thats happening today. Wait for the real translations from scientists before making your decisions on what's truth, live morally and do your best to teach others the same and move along.

End of the world prophecies only make people become good because they think they have no other choice, God is coming better be on your best behaviour. True believers don't warn of the end, but teach about morals and whats right and wrong, in hopes that if the end does in fact come, we spent a lifetime being the best we could.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

There is nothing plain about it. It's vague just like everything else in the bible. The same psychobabble has been repeated every time there is a war, or rumors of a war. This is no different. The ME has been at war since man has been there. It will continue and every time there is a conflict in the area another psychobabble will raise up claiming it is the prophesy being fulfilled yet again. Personally, I have better things to do than to worry about some old myths perpetuating and ruling my life as I see fit to live it.

There is but one god, look in the mirror and you shall see him. You are god and to imply that a mystical being controls your every move and knows all shows lack of self worth and conviction that YOU are in control of your own life, and no one else.

Your in control eh? So you decide to pay taxes? You decide to go to work everyday? Most of what you do in your life is controlled, your no God, your a sheep like the rest of us. To be God-like implies you control all around you for your benefit. If you needed a million dollars no one is going to hand it to you, you will need to earn it from the God's of the world like everyone else.
edit on 29-6-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Technically speaking, Ezekiel is from the Old Testament, which pre dates Christ on Earth. So anyone that embraces the Old Testament should be able to wrap their minds around this without any emotionally attached baggage against Christianity. That would include Jews and Christians. Christians teach that Christianity proper didn't come into being until after Jesus came to Earth. Which is chronologically many years after Ezekiel's time.

Now if one is an Atheist, Agnostic, or just anti Bible no matter what, then that's going to be a hard sell, I guess.

But Ezekiel is a very interesting book for anyone interested in this subject-there is a description of Ezekiel witnessing a UFO in the early part of the book that had it working in cooperation with what God was doing in the that story.

Many different cultures and religions have left behind prophetic works. The Mayans come to mind.

Another Old Testament book that has much prophtetic writings is Isaiah. And then everyone knows about the Book of Revelations which has heavy connections to Isaiah and Ezekiel both.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There is nothing plain about it. It's vague just like everything else in the bible.

Well lets just say its vague to you. Like putting a complicated algebraic equation in front of a 1st grader.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
What I want to know is:

When do we get to Ezekiel the 9th Chapter...?

That's what really counts IMHO.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

They already did that. As you may know. God publicaly whiped His people in front of the whole world. Now when He brings them back some others want to whip them again but they, these others, will be whiped and beaten up very badly.... in front of the whole world.

21 “I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay on them. 22 From that day forward the people of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God. 23 And the nations will know that the people of Israel went into exile for their sin, because they were unfaithful to me. So I hid my face from them and handed them over to their enemies, and they all fell by the sword. 24 I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their offenses, and I hid my face from them. 25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob[d] and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. 28 Then they will know that I am the LORD their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

Ezekiel 39

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Done with this thread. Just like all the others, thumpers and jesus freaks trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. Like the previous poster said, don't worry about everyone else, just live your life in a good and moral manner and if there is a god, you will be ok. If not, you lived an honorable life. End of story.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Done with this thread. Just like all the others, thumpers and jesus freaks trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. Like the previous poster said, don't worry about everyone else, just live your life in a good and moral manner and if there is a god, you will be ok. If not, you lived an honorable life. End of story.

Running from debate due to it not falling in line with your beliefs is far from an open mind. Learning to accept information, check it out and ensure its factual, then deduce whether you believe it or not.

I am open to anyone proving to me how wrong I am about the end times. I personally believe we already had our end times according to the bible prophecies, we are just repeating history because some believers make prophecies come true. They wish to make them true due to their fascination and addiction to God.

Being someone who simply cannot live without preaching all the time stinks of brown-nosing to me. I doubt God likes that at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just for you: I'm not a "Young Earth Creationist." I believe in evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth. To me, science and my faith are not mutually exclusive.

So then why is there absolutely no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? You'd think someone would want to include at least a small snippet of a planet full of gigantic lumbering lizards. But no we get a magical garden with a talking snake.

Brainwashed christians with guns. America's no.1 solution for world peace.

Hmmmm... and how exactly would you know there are no dinosaurs mentioned in the bible? I suppose you have read it cover to cover? Obviously not, and here, I'll save you the trouble:

www.totheends.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

And to further dispel this fairy tale, according to scripture, god gave man free will. If that is in fact the case, then a prophesy could not be valid as a choice by any person in history would change the outcome. If the outcome is prophesied, then there is in fact no free will. Can't have it both ways.

You can actually. Prophecy is God telling us what the result of our behavior will be. He gave us the power to choose and a moral system to base our choices on. Every action we take and every word we speak in this world has implications and consequences in the spiritual realm. God, who is not limited by time, can see what the result of our actions will be, and that is prophecy.

It does tend to get a little more complicated than that, but if you care to understand some of the thinking behind it then just google 'open theism'.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You said Ezekiel was not clear at all so i posted some more of it.....and what do you do. Grab your ball and go home. Some have wasted their time talking with you. You shouldnt even be on this thread if you make statements and ask question never really wanting to know.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I also believe in other prophecies, such as 38 & 39 occurring on or near the Mayans prophetic 12-21-12 date, which will truly change the world. And the Hopi's moving into the "next world", after the Bible's "great earthquake". These prophecies were handed down by their own "god's", likely fallen angels. Check out the names of some of the Native American tribes and you will find them connected to "snakes and serpents". So much of this works together, but there are false prophets, too.

I understand the feelings of the "free thinkers and atheists", but I'm afraid the majority are severely handicapped by their lack of study in these matters, just as some Christians believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old, because that's the "last round" of history, which is recorded in their Holy Book. Maybe some of these "free thinkers" aren't thinking as free as they would have us believe.

And these "myths" they speak of will become a bit more realistic than Jack and the beanstalk, when the giants of Genesis show up again. And when they hear Maitreya's voice in their head [Bluebeam] and believe him to be God, I'm sure they will follow him for their crust of bread. As I said, they will need the true Savior because they won't be able to save themselves.

North-South, black-white, positive-negative and good-evil - evil obviously becoming dominant in these later days - and it was all foretold in detail. You need proof? Proof is coming soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Godsontoo

no convincing needed, christianity and it's bed buddy religions rule most of the planet already. Have a look at religiousity to see just how moronic you bible thumpers seem to rational people.

We need an atheist nation (oh I still believe in god, but not YOURS) to get some more sensible people in charge of something for a change, these religious freaks think they are doing no harm when in fact they are creating such a horrible reality to pull more people into their fold and agenda.

I've got only a few things to say to you folk -- your ancestors were evil, they took advantage of the indians and gave out free small pox blankets, and as for catholicism, two words there, "spanish inquisition".

I would bet the bulk of murders throughout history has been under the guise of these supposedly peaceful religions. I don't want to be saved by you and your god because being saved means to write off what we know we already have and hope that there is a heaven. I hope there's nothing for you after death, I hope it's lights out. The only shame in that would be that you'd never realize just how gullible and stupid you people are for letting other people tell you what to think. Not everybody has to have the same beliefs as you, SO GET OVER IT, AND STOP PUSHING YOUR BELIEFS ONTO OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO INTEREST IN THEM.

Your religions message of a hateful, wrath filled god will never be anything that I care to believe in. Your gog/magog war is a fairy tale that can be translated into every conflict because they always have two sides. This planet is not 10,000 years old, noah didn't build an ark to escape a "GLOBAL" flood because one never happened, and anybody that knows anything about genes and dna, knows that creationism is STUPID in that if god were smart he would have done something simple to create everything and not painstakingly carve out every last detail. The universe doesn't revolve around people, the sun doesn't orbit the earth, the earth orbits the sun.

Maybe your faith should get with the times and fit the facts that nature provides us as examples as to what god created and what sort of insights he had into it. Evolution does not preclude the existance of god. Half of you freaks believe in the gospels which is another person's account decades after jesus even lived.

Also, where are the teen years and the young adult years, we have baby jesus and 30 year old jesus with nothing in between. This makes no sense if such an important prophet was realized at birth.

You nutters are puppets in a game, nothing more. Frankly I would rather live in a seperate atheist nation and have you irrational tards leave me alone, permanently, and furthermore not bully me around with a majority of supersitious belief.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

You said Ezekiel was not clear at all so i posted some more of it.....and what do you do. Grab your ball and go home. Some have wasted their time talking with you. You shouldnt even be on this thread if you make statements and ask question never really wanting to know.

Yep, I guess it's kind of like casting your pearls before swine, not that they are bad people, but fact is, as they have shown, they have no use for what you present them, if they cannot figuratively "eat it" in the here and now, they have no practical use for it. I mean what would a pig do with pearls? Just look at it blindly and in confusion turn and rend you.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

God doesn't cause the end times, people do. It would be nice if PEOPLE would take responsibility for their own actions instead of using god as a crutch. That makes you guys both dishonest, and selfish. You are responsible for the evils in this world, even though you think you are so good and religious and devoted to good. YOU ARE.

This god crutch is exactly what is screwed up in this world, religion wasn't meant to teach people to shirk their responsibility in their hand in the destruction of this world and for that, EVEN YOU DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL. Stop aquiescing to the end times, and fight for your bloody existance and take responsibility for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

these religious people are calling anybody but those without their beliefs "swine".

See the sick world view these people have? Everybody is swine but them, because they are so godly and good of course and couldn't have possibly contributed to anything bad on this planet, and even if they do, they get absolved of their sins and they think that gets them to those pearly gates? PFFFT.

Your final destination, if there is even an after life, is decided by your actions and impact on other people. From my perspective, the idea of religion to teach moral fiber is ok, but the practice that people put in place is that it teaches hate and intolerance.

Who's religion burned witches? And then went on rampage witch hunts killing thousands of innocent people? Who's religion is tolerant of fag bashings? Who's religion advocates stoning people to death?

This is not the bronze age anymore, your bronze age beliefs and values are what is screwing this world up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by bigrex

these religious people are calling anybody but those without their beliefs "swine".

See the sick world view these people have? Everybody is swine but them, because they are so godly and good of course and couldn't have possibly contributed to anything bad on this planet, and even if they do, they get absolved of their sins and they think that gets them to those pearly gates? PFFFT.

Your final destination, if there is even an after life, is decided by your actions and impact on other people. From my perspective, the idea of religion to teach moral fiber is ok, but the practice that people put in place is that it teaches hate and intolerance.

Who's religion burned witches? And then went on rampage witch hunts killing thousands of innocent people? Who's religion is tolerant of fag bashings? Who's religion advocates stoning people to death?

This is not the bronze age anymore, your bronze age beliefs and values are what is screwing this world up.

No, Scripture is calling this behavior as akin to a situation where swine turn and rend someone who presented a pearl to them. That is descriptive of the situation at hand. I'm just quoting the Savior, not my own words. I prefaced my words by saying no one was a bad person for believing differently, it's just that you cannot appreciate, accept, or believe what is presented if it is given in a religious context. I think you will agree with that. Maybe I should have used another non-scriptural analogy, say presenting rubies to jaguars, same difference. Maybe you prefer to be the jaguar.
And as has been mentioned, violence is not true religion, communism has killed far more people than were ever at harm from all religions combined.
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by OldCorp

YOU SAID:
"Isn't it a bit Odd that Isreal is revered yet Muslim nations in the bible are not? Isn't it Odd in the Koran that the Muslims are revered and the rest of the world is not? Do you not see some logic in this thought pattern where the bible your reading may in fact be misleading you, us?"
"To deny this is to be ignorant. Re-read these prophecies when its translated properly, and thats happening today. Wait for the real translations from scientists before making your decisions on what's truth, live morally and do your best to teach others the same and move along."

TO WHICH, I REPLY:
Oh yeah...that's what we need...spiritual advice from a "scientist" who thinks we fell out of a monkee's butt eons ago...

YOU SAY:
End of the world prophecies only make people become good because they think they have no other choice, God is coming better be on your best behaviour. True believers don't warn of the end, but teach about morals and whats right and wrong, in hopes that if the end does in fact come, we spent a lifetime being the best we could.

TO WHICH, I REPLY:
Wow...I guess Christ wasn't a true believer then...he spent a lot of time warning people about "the end". In fact, he spoke about hell TWICE as often as he spoke about heaven... he was a probably just a fearmonger, hmm?...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join