It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i have. i'm not saying the power structures of the planet are innocent, i'm just pointing out that when it comes to world views forcing their weight around when in the majority, atheists are just as likely to be unreasonable as anyone else. there literally is no high road o this subject.

What you are also doing is applying historical facts to the situation of today.

You have to understand that free thinkers were persecuted for HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of years on end, eventually some free thinkers who spent their time thinking about the lack of god - gave themselves a name; atheists.

Do you think that these people, who were animals as well, were not out for revenge? Getting rid of the people that persecuted them with no reason for years and years on end?

You cannot compare the non-believers of today to those of 90+ years ago, because, religion has been cornered enough not to be able to kill opposition outright. So the violent reaction of the non-believers is not so violent anymore, because it is not reacting to violence anymore - instead, it's reacting to ignorance. There is no physical persecution anymore, but mental persecution still exists.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by undo

And what did the farmers do? Did they rebel? No they prayed to their God. They were deceived.

Imagine that, 30 million farmers going to Marx's home for a little meet-up instead of letting themselves starve to death and hoping for that man in the clouds to save them. I bet this was one of Marx's fears. They should have just gone after Marx, and I'm sure they would have were the internet/free information available at the time.

that's a very good point. had they not believed in god, they would've survived to help stalin kill the other 50,000,000. do you realize how many people that is? he killed more christians and jews than hitler, and he killed a bunch of muslims too. the moral of the story isn't : don't believe in god. the moral of the story is: don't offer to kill other people to satisfy your world view.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
These prophecies are like how people fall for fake psychics. Before I even read the quotes you put in I could tell what they would consist of. Almost everything you put in bold could mean anything, not to mention the stories have been changed over many years. Do these texts have millions of prophercies for every world event since they were written because thats the impression I get everytime a world event happens, countless quotes suposedely predict it.

I have a prophecy of my own:
The sun will rise; up from beneath the darkness of the night. Lives will be altered, some for good, some for bad. There will be wars in the deserts of the world, earth will shake, and clouds will wreak havoc. Many games of football will be played in stadiums, and many will eat toast from divine toasters.

All religous prophecies will just be recycled over and over, even the ones with dates because obviously 2011 for an example is a formula. Just add, subtract, devide and multiply enough until you find something that fits your idea. Pick any fictional book, read through and I garuntee you will be able to find quotes that would seem to predict real life.
edit on 29-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Good job ignoring the part of my thread that was completely on topic

What are you talking about?
edit on 29/6/2011 by octotom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

that's a very good point. had they not believed in god, they would've survived to help stalin kill the other 50,000,000.

I can't for the life of me understand why people are willing to draw conclusions so dense...

You do NOT know what they would have done.

do you realize how many people that is?

I can "realize it" but I can never imagine it or picture it. The most people together I've seen are maybe fifty to a hundred thousand. So 50 million is something I can never imagine.

he killed more christians and jews than hitler, and he killed a bunch of muslims too.

He killed humans.

the moral of the story isn't : don't believe in god. the moral of the story is: don't offer to kill other people to satisfy your world view.

*Sigh* your arrogance is astounding and quite insulting. Personally, I think you're a bit confused.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

i know religion can be ridiculous, i found this out the hard way when i lived in a place where literally everyone was a different religion (not in a foreign country either, it was right in the usa) than me. it was an unique perspective on what it must be like to have a world view that differs from the majority around you. and in this same light, i see the same thing happening as more and more people turn to atheism. this forum is a perfect indicator. for every thread with pro religious topics, there's 50 with anti religious topics. and the way some of them talk, you'd think i'd shot their cat, stole their money, raped their dad, and killed/maimed/abused/imprisoned/beheaded/stabbed/shot/etc, every person that died in the history of the planet.

i was playing a video game called Rift. it's a mmorpg. i noticed while visiting one of the capital cities in the game, a guy asking why the LOOKING FOR GROUP function wasn't working. somebody asked him if he was american, because only americans would gripe about the game. i sent the fellow a private message and asked him why being an american had anything to do with a feature on the game being broken? lol he went off like a loaded cannon. he honestly believes that americans are all gun toting christian fundmanetalists with low IQs, brain washed, and extremely violent. we are the reason our presidents have been assassinated, the columbine shooting is because the americans are violent gun owners. etc etc. it was totally one sided, blaming me for stuff like ww2 and vietnam (i wasn't even born in ww2 and i was a kid during vietnam). this is EXACTLY how i hear atheists complain about christians on this board. we're responsible for crap we weren't even here for. it even crossing religious boundaries, from one branch to the other. it's my fault a pope in 1000 AD, did something bad.

it's gotten out of hand. completely

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I see you choose to read one line out of a wall of text. How honest and unbiased.

I actually stopped reading at that one line. If a persons first line is already the height of falsehood, the rest of what he says is probably not worth reading or responding to. Time is precious.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

this is EXACTLY how i hear atheists complain about christians on this board.

Not really. Most of the times there are thought provoking arguments from the non-believing side. The believing side, as I said earlier, have their trump card; god. So no matter how much they are proven wrong by reason, their "belief" tells them their thoughts are superior and the rest of us are going to hell. It's their belief, if you're a self-proclaimed Christian this is your belief, stop denying it.

we're responsible for crap we weren't even here for.

No, but when you choose to defend those actions you've chosen a side. If you can't look into these matters with objectivity then don't look into them at all as they will most likely drive you mad.

it even crossing religious boundaries, from one branch to the other. .

Yes, at the end of the line ALL organized religion is one and the same.

it's my fault a pope in 1000 AD, did something bad

No, but when that pope said something like; "thou shalt not question me" then went on and killed numerous people. And some folks are here telling people they should not question their holy books. Well, they are guilty of being as crazy as that pope a couple thousand years back was.

It really is simple, deny ignorance.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Maybe the people of Israel should start acting like god's people and stop the murdering of Palestinians and expanding their never ending west bank settlements. Try leading by example. I believe that Israel is the GREAT DECEPTION.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Why don't you believe an ice cream cone into your hand.

Ow wait, it doesn't work that way.

You have to perform an action to have that ice cream appear in your hand. You can ACT on your belief, but without ACTING on it you can wait a thousand years, there will be no ice cream cone appearing in your hand.

Together, people believe more things than stars exist, but there are more stars than "ice cream cones".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You have to understand that free thinkers were persecuted for HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of years on end, eventually some free thinkers who spent their time thinking about the lack of god - gave themselves a name; atheists.

Its funny you should say this. The first use of the term atheist i believe was a label for Christians in the roman per-Christian world when martyrs where busy being thrown to the lions for not believing in the 'gods'.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

if you're a self-proclaimed Christian this is your belief, stop denying it.

i don't believe it, sorry to burst your stereotyped vision of christians. i recall having a conversation with a guy who was rabidly against christianity. i knew he was. so i had a philosophical conversation with him in which every concept was a paraphrased bible concept. he agreed with me completely, till i told him it was paraphrased bible. he was livid with me after that and accused me of not being a christian but a hindu. seriously, i can't even have my own thoughts or think creatively without somebody getting all up in arms about it the minute they find out i believe in jesus and believe most of the ancient texts of the ancient world, contain real hitsorical accounts.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Very Well researched and put together post, however, people see what they want to see, and people hardly ever get on with their neighbours especially if those neighbours shoot rockets at each other, so why should the Israelis and the Arabs be any different. No offence, It doesn't take a genious to realise that eventually war will break out in this area of the Middle East, It's logical, the tensions there are always extremely high, re-inforced by religious hatred and xenophobia. Good post though and I in no way mock your faith, I just don't think it's real :-)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Any of he prophecies you mention in your post , state the armies will come with swords and sheilds , not nukes and machine guns ! So straight away the prophecy doesnt fit " to the letter " as your post mentions so many have done !

You also have to take into consideration , the bible prophecies didnt factor into the equation the United states or China , as yet these countries were not known the the biblical world and so they would not take into consideration that the US and Chine would not allow a nuclear war to break out in the middle east !

with regards to the posters about atheists killing people for their religious beliefs , i.e. Russia and Korea ,
they are not killing them because they are atheist , they are killing them because religion will take away from the dictator being the true light !

Kim doesnt want to have to compete against a god , when he has already convinced his people he is one !
the same with Joe Stalin , he didnt want to have to compete with religion so they take it out of the equation.
They didnt kill them because they were atheists and hated religious people , they just didnt want the spanner in the works which would effect their "communist utopia "

Or are we talking about atheist extremists again ?

I just find it funny when people say they believe in god , and that it was god that helped them through a difficult time , or jesus , (or insert any religious figure name here ).
What ever happened to believing in yourself , after all its you that determines your future , not some god , who can prove to you that he exists , he just asks humans to write books for him and then pass it on , on good faith.

believe in yourself , have faith in yourself , not in a book , or something you cant see , feel , smell , or hear !
edit on 29-6-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
My understanding is Israel fights all these people and these people fight Israel..

Which sounds like every other regional war and going on how this line gets repeated the situation seems inevitable... but it is still only a regional war one I am sure will be utterly important to those involved..

While I understand why America could be being dragged in such a mess I don't see why it should or why anyone else needs too get involved.
edit on 28/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

How naive. The Zionists who run Israel, also run the U.S. If Israel gets into a major war, the US will be involved, one way or another -- if only to provide a continuing stream of weapons. If it looks like Israel can't handle it, you can bet US aircraft will be in the air and US boots will be on the ground.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Why don't you believe an ice cream cone into your hand.

You're very good at kicking up dust, but you have yet to actually address a single issue in the origional OP?

The only real effort you have put in is making dubious statements intended to create doubt as to the validity of anything christian, thats not debating, that's parroting personal bias.

To the OP: This is a very good thread, and seeing the heated debate it strikes me as being very relevant to our current world view. I cannot accept that it has already started, anymore than it started before Adam.

Our ability to interpret esoteria is minimal at best, and dangerous at worst. What i do believe without a doubt is that TPTB most clearly believe in these same prophecies you quote, albeit from the other team perspective. That they wish to see a nuclear armageddon is undeniable, the only question remains: Where is God?

Time with your son, that's the way to go into these times of tribulation, God bless!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Heres my problem with the post, and I beseech you to set this old heathen straight, if such a thing can be done.

How can any violence be condoned/justified by that which you wish your fellow humans to worship?

In a universe where God is all powerful and all knowing and all LOVING, why would he create a situation where his children are lead to slaughter?

What kind of God demands bloodshed?

This (Ezekiel) isnt about condoning violence....its about some visions this guy had.

As far as the rest and really not taking sides here but this idea that God wouldnt lead some into war isnt found anywhere. He is apparently not all loving to all as an final way of being.

As far as a reason why he would be this way within the framework of what we are talking about here in Ezekiel, God is done at this point with years of driving Israel from its land and is now bringing them back. Some folks dont like that and so they attack and get trashed. The real question here is why would so many come against God and try to bring His plan to an end? Looks to me like they are just asking to be trashed out. How about showing God some love and respecting what He wants here?

As well many know that ezekiel prophesied these events and yet will order their armies into the area....so they have twice the guilt in the bad outcome that will be theirs.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So beause the bible says it's going to happen it's 100% going to happen??? apparently according to most of the posts on here it must be true.......geez i better build myself a bomb shelter just coz some guy wrote 2000 years ago that there will be conflict in the middle east, well news flash there has been conflict in the land of Cannan since the beginning of time!! If i lived my life according to scripture i would be afraid to step outside my front door it's always doom and gloom, how about writing about some of the good stuff that happens in the world instead of trying to scare people into believing the war to end all wars is upon us!
If you want to believe that this almighty war is here good luck to you!! I'm just sick to death of coming to a great website and having to see religious fanatics talk about the end of the world every 2 weeks, if it wasn't for religion we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in with the wars around the middle east!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The OP laid out some very interesting points. I am a true seeker of knowledge so I try to be truely openminded about whatever info I am researching. That being said we can't forget the "elephant in the room", all religious texts were interpretted by man. Depending on when and where it was interpretted, we don't know if the book that we call the bible, torah, kuran etc is truely being interpretted as it was meant to be. Even in this day and age there are differing opinions on the definitions of certain words and phrases. Great info/food for thought, OP!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

How naive. The Zionists who run Israel, also run the U.S. If Israel gets into a major war, the US will be involved, one way or another -- if only to provide a continuing stream of weapons. If it looks like Israel can't handle it, you can bet US aircraft will be in the air and US boots will be on the ground.

Whatever we can say about TPTB and US help, taking this back to Ezekiel, he is clear that unlike other wars when this one is done that the whole world will know that God did it. No nation will take any glory form this battle. And that was said many years ago knowing that there would be these questions in this time. That the return of Israel was the work of man. That Ezekiel and others prophets had been tampered with in order to set the stage for mans machinations.

Really most of you guys commenting on this thing should read the area of scripture and study same. Its gives a very clear picture of events, motives, players ect. Let me just say and not taking sides here but as a matter of some study, Nostradamus for example is like a mumbling drunkard when held up to the clarity of Ezekiel.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join