It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin
reply to post by undo

That's pretty awesome. Thanks. I have my own theories on these things which of course don't involve a god of any form or type but are pretty weird nonetheless.

I'd really like to hang out with you someday. For real

oh? what parts did you like or understand or have in common with the first and second videos? i mean, i was flat out stunned when i read the text he was referring to in the video. he's right. enoch has apparently been abducted in the scene and taken to what scientists call an "Active galaxy," with the radiation jets shooting out of the top and the bottom of the super massive black hole at galactic center (surely it wasn't this planet, cause if the milky way were an active galaxy at the time, i dunno if human life could be sustained, at least not above ground.)
edit on 29-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's kind of sad that we are running into so many unlearned people on this board that can offer no educated discussion on the finer points of prophecy (because they are very specific). So much literature has been written to flesh out the historical aspects of scripture that apparently everyone here is ignorant of since they will not discuss solid interpretation of prophecy, but rather just offer their own personal doctrine of or variation on doctrine of one person. As if there are all these little paths or sparks of light that hold all the truth. No, look to the source of that light from whence your light springs. That's what a few old men did long ago, and they wrote it down, you can too, as far as your own personal knowledge is concerned.
edit on 29-6-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Imagine a conversation between a child and an adult:

Child: "Did you know I can see into the future?"
Adult: "You can? How can you do that?"
Child: "Using magic."
Adult: "But magic isn't real."

This is the same thing that happens in my head whenever anyone quotes the bible.
In your original post you have told us that "magic is real" by quoting several prophets. Now unless I'm mistaken, seeing into the future (read as: Prophets/prophecy) would be classified as magic. We can all agree that magic (synonymous with miracles, mind you) is just not real. It's pretend. Fiction. Something used to amuse children.

You go to painstaking lengths to prove that magic is real by interpreting current events to match up with something that happened two-thousand years ago. This is just ridiculous. It has been TWO. THOUSAND. YEARS.

Many things have happened since the events of the bible, and if you look back you will find enough events to coincide with EVERY EVENT in the bible.

The challenge is this OP: once you can prove that magic is real you will have proved the Bible to be a factual documentation of our past, present and future. I truly wish you luck. You're going to need it.

Edit to Add: You must consider that anytime someone isn't using magic to make a prophecy, they are lying or down right guessing and their word is useless.
edit on 29-6-2011 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
It's kind of sad that we are running into so many unlearned people on this board that can offer no educated discussion on the finer points of prophecy (because they are very specific) and so much literature has been written to flesh out the historical aspects of scripture that apparently everyone here is ignorant of since they will not discuss solid interpretation of prophecy, but rather just offer their own personal doctrine of or variation on doctrine of one person. As if there are all these little paths or sparks of light that hold all the truth. No, look to the source of that light from whence your light springs. That's what a few old men did long ago, and they wrote it down, you can too, as far as your own personal knowledge is concerned.

i did offer my view on it, several pages ago. i said that contrary to the op's position on israel protecting itself, the text actually says that god is the one that protects them. now the theory is, if that's true, that means the usa will not be helping or will not be able to help, and neither will any of israel's other allies, because god claims, he's going to take care of it, himself.

personally, i'm not sure where to place that prophecy in the timeline because i'm still struggling with the daniel timeline. 5 empires then.......................................six seven and finally eight, in revelation. big gap. that doesn't fit the premise that the entirety of history is depicted in that statue. so i theorized, six, seven and eight, were all number 5 pretending like it's really not in power when it actually is still in charge of the planet from the time 5 supposedly ended, to the end of eight, it's all the same empire, empire #5.

somewhere in there, we have prophecies that fit and prophecies that don't fit, the timeline, as a result of the current mainstream view (futuristic view). i think it's a part preterism and part futurism (well, until it's all fulfilled, then it's all preterism), i think they call that, partial preterism or something like that. although i have a few modifications to it, based on my view that daniel's statue does indeed show the entire history of the planet's political power structure and that we are still under the control of empire 5, even if we think we're in empire 7 or 8.

how that ties into ezekiel's prophecy is a head scratcher for me, personally. i'm not saying i don't believe it's still waiting in the queue, just that it's hard to line it up with the rest of the data regarding empires.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Show me in the koran where Muhammad says that Jesus is the Christ. And this tired old line that there has been 300 different bibles and we don’t know what to believe is hogwash. Peter called Jesus the Christ Paul called Him the risen one the Christ. So please pleasse please show me where in the Koran it says that Jesus is the Christ. It doesn’t and there fore who ever wrote the Koran is a false what ever.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

Don't you see the astronomical coincidences between the year Israel was refounded and the mathematical connection? There is a video where a pastor adds up the numbers and it's quite a huge coincidence.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sorry man but Israel's days are numbered. And I mean well numbered... There is no way that country will exist for much long.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Dear OldCorp,

I am going to give you a star for the post, however i'm sorry to say that being a Christian kind of makes you an easier target than Gaddafi right now. The crux of the problems on our planet are due to religion, or specifically the varying religions which have drone like subjects who spout hatred and fear and wish nothing else than to destroy the other faction. I am not saying you are one of those, but you are as misguided as any other.

If you wish to quote anything, quote the "oldest" known literature, not the one fabricated to keep you completely subjected, controlled and thinking a cm outside the box rather than a km.

Yes there is a war coming, not it wasn't predicted in the Bible.. that's laughable use of a highly dubious piece of man made literature right there buddy. As I am sure someone has already pointed out to you numerous times in your life and in this thread, the Bible is a load of b***#. It's a copy paste job of earlier texts and a mish mash of brain washing material for people like you.

War is coming because we're all much happier living in fear, supposedly and there is always a need for "an enemy". I'm sorry but I can't take anythign anybody religious comes out with.. religion = biggest cause of death on the planet, please wake up to yourself Sir.

T

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Look at the age of those people. You see that? They aren't going to be around for long anymore. And now that we have the internet it's our duty to stop organized religion from polluting the minds of future Earthen generations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes there is a war coming, not it wasn't predicted in the Bible.. that's laughable use of a highly dubious piece of man made literature right there buddy. As I am sure someone has already pointed out to you numerous times in your life and in this thread, the Bible is a load of b***#. It's a copy paste job of earlier texts and a mish mash of brain washing material for people like you.

War is coming because we're all much happier living in fear, supposedly and there is always a need for "an enemy". I'm sorry but I can't take anythign anybody religious comes out with.. religion = biggest cause of death on the planet, please wake up to yourself Sir.

T

this happens in every religion thread: someone envitably claims that just the mere fact you believe in a supernatural being and the texts written about them, makes you guilty of crap done by anyone who even claimed to be a believer in supernatural beings. lol that's like saying, atheists are all baby killers because some atheist killed a baby. or atheists are all meglomaniacs, because stalin was an atheist (and he killed more christians and jews than hitler did). in fact, there's plenty of evidence that killing in the name of world views, is the problem, (just ask pol pot or mau or any of the other atheists who killed more people than were even on the planet when the catholics were crusading hundreds of years ago).

please save the "religion" is the bad guy stuff. it isn't religion specifically, it's having world views that are generally accepted, be they religious, atheistic, or somewhere in between. once you have a bunch of people who all believe along the same lines, they will try to perpetuate it at the expense of others (which is clearly the case in pretty much every incident of genocides of the last century).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You said you use your left side of the brain more, so why don't you use it here?
All those prophecies in the Bible, Kuran etc are self-fulfilling. People who believe in them will actively pursue them, in order to validate those prophecies. It's the ultimate roller coaster ride for 2/3 of the population and they believe they will receive heaven as the reward, but it will just create more of a hell on Earth. Religion is a double edge sword, it has served its purpose as an efficient tool to control a mob, but now its preventing us from moving on and even TPTB don't know another alternative, except to let it play out.

There are organisations out there whose purpose is to mimick Biblical prophecies. One example is the Skull and Crossbones and George Bush Snr whose member name is Magog. The return of the Nazarene will be probably a hologram. The technology to mimick all prophecies is out there, tried and tested.

Let it all go and decide not to take part in all of this, but use it to your own advantage to create what you want. I've already started, my own city-state!
-Naeem
edit on 29/6/2011 by naeem11111 because: minor spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think the key here, for some of the ah, snarky naysayers... is that the Bible can be read in many ways, and while it contains much historical fact, as recently proven by acheological verification,

That's some premeditated bullcrap right there guys.

They are on full recruitment mode. Trying to "save" us.

Then of course, we go on to the religious gibberish, also known as smack talk, bull crap, and straight up lying:

much of it contains allegory and deep, esoteric meaning and substance based in mystical Judaism ie: it contains an evolving tradition of potentially illuminating wisdom via initiation into what some refer to as the Wisdom of the Ages, dealing with such things as cosmology, metaphysics, and human potential ie: the evolution of consciousness unto God-conscious realization.

No. No. No. This is ONE interpretation. It doesn't mean it was written with this purpose.

Thus, the simpleton, ignorant POV of some people, that it's just a tool for control and oppression or "fairy tales" created by ignorant people attempting to fathom a meaning and a significance to life where none is to be had, is, well, simplistic and ignorant (uneducated) and belies a type of contempt,

See, here's the issue. You do not deny ignorance. They are fairy tales and history corroborates this. Thanks for making the people who actually THINK with their own brain instead of blindly listening to a preacher/imam, the simpletons.

It's okay. You're depressed and scared. But don't project that onto others, especially those who are trying to lift you out of that depression and fear, via other methods than false hope and magic.

and those who in reaction and response to anything "religious" demonstrate not only a high degree of ignorance and simplemindedness but worse, a hardened heart against anthing of a religious or spiritual nature (the word religion actually means "to rejoin" and the word church, to call out from ie: from an unworkable paradigm).

Look "New age man", I know you are referring to me, but honestly, all I see is just scared talk. You're trying to make me look like the one without intellect while it's you who's not thinking but following orders. It's okay, you don't know, after all - which sane person that knows would adhere to anything New Age?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by bigrex
It's kind of sad that we are running into so many unlearned people on this board that can offer no educated discussion on the finer points of prophecy (because they are very specific) and so much literature has been written to flesh out the historical aspects of scripture that apparently everyone here is ignorant of since they will not discuss solid interpretation of prophecy, but rather just offer their own personal doctrine of or variation on doctrine of one person. As if there are all these little paths or sparks of light that hold all the truth. No, look to the source of that light from whence your light springs. That's what a few old men did long ago, and they wrote it down, you can too, as far as your own personal knowledge is concerned.

i did offer my view on it, several pages ago. i said that contrary to the op's position on israel protecting itself, the text actually says that god is the one that protects them. now the theory is, if that's true, that means the usa will not be helping or will not be able to help, and neither will any of israel's other allies, because god claims, he's going to take care of it, himself.

personally, i'm not sure where to place that prophecy in the timeline because i'm still struggling with the daniel timeline. 5 empires then.......................................six seven and finally eight, in revelation. big gap. that doesn't fit the premise that the entirety of history is depicted in that statue. so i theorized, six, seven and eight, were all number 5 pretending like it's really not in power when it actually is still in charge of the planet from the time 5 supposedly ended, to the end of eight, it's all the same empire, empire #5.

somewhere in there, we have prophecies that fit and prophecies that don't fit, the timeline, as a result of the current mainstream view (futuristic view). i think it's a part preterism and part futurism (well, until it's all fulfilled, then it's all preterism), i think they call that, partial preterism or something like that. although i have a few modifications to it, based on my view that daniel's statue does indeed show the entire history of the planet's political power structure and that we are still under the control of empire 5, even if we think we're in empire 7 or 8.

how that ties into ezekiel's prophecy is a head scratcher for me, personally. i'm not saying i don't believe it's still waiting in the queue, just that it's hard to line it up with the rest of the data regarding empires.

That's true, at some point things will be going very badly for Israel, and the Lord will have to step in with the culmination being his appearing on the Mount of Olives and splitting it in half via an earthquake. However, I think that is sometime after the seven years that the OP is referring to. Concerning the prophecy of Daniel, it is my understanding that the third kingdom represented that of Alexander the Great, the fourth represented the Roman Empire, and the feet of iron and clay represented a group of European nations, and the Rock, the future kingdom of God, figuratively rolled out of the mountain without hands, or not by the hand of man, and literally rolled forth in the sight of all nations.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Personally, I believe the OP is being sent emails with information that he needs to distribute. But that's a far out idea of mine, you know, just like the angry man in the sky is a belief.

It's easy to see these people are organized and working together to scare a bunch of people back into religion.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by MrSensible

Don't you see the astronomical coincidences between the year Israel was refounded and the mathematical connection? There is a video where a pastor adds up the numbers and it's quite a huge coincidence.

Nope. No I don't. But I'm sure if I did, it's nothing more than a coincidence as you already said. It's either a coincidence or it's magic. Your choice

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Religion won't make it beyond earth if we ever make it beyond earth. I guarantee you that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Religion won't make it beyond earth if we ever make it beyond earth. I guarantee you that.

UNLESS, there's a galactic empire.
in which case, who knows!
i read a book called GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN, by Finis Jennings Dake. he wrote it like one year after roswell (in the 1940s). In it, he claims the planet is ancient, and that before the human dispensation on earth, the planet belonged to a race of angels (a prior creation). the seraph, to be specific. they grew technologically, and went out to colonize the other planets and moons in our solar system and beyond. there was a galactic war, because apparently, the galactic government in place didn't like what the earth seraph were doing, and a space war worthy of the scifi channel, broke out. kinda makes ya wonder about george lucas, doesn't it? anyway, dake claims the seraph of earth lost the war, and the ice age was the result, and that they were the "fallen angels" as the text calls them.

so don't be so sure that what's in that book isn't also going on out there in the great beyond we call outer space. lol

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Dear Undo,
There is always someone without the ability to read English properly who also comes and misunderstands postings.

Did I say he was responsible? No
Did I say religion as a whole was responsible for the vast majority of deaths on our planet, yes.. is that factually true, yep.
Did I say anyone who believes in a supernatural being is a killer? No

Am I saying you need to start taking English lessons and understand the use of words to make a point? Oh yes indeed, because you surely missed mine.

Get a grip too.. because you're the exact kind of person who causes strife rather than tries to avoid it.

T

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by undo

Get a grip too.. because you're the exact kind of person who causes strife rather than tries to avoid it.

T

if you walk into a public place and tell anyone that believes something different from you that they are the problem with the planet because of all the war and death and what have you, then don't be surprised if they defend themselves. don't ask me not to defend myself or anyone else i think is being mischaracterized. as i mentioned, atheistic governments have in the past 100 years, killed more people than were even on the planet during the crusades. there's no high road here. it's a human condition.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here's a little support for your OP from a non-christian and non-religious person. Thumbs up to explaining the religious background of current world events more deeply. People must learn and understand that world history is shaped by beliefs and spiritual factors or remain forever ignorant.

The implication of of course, by the Abrahamic Religions, is that these events must come to pass. The ontological question that immediately arises is whether it is our duty to change prophecy and proceed in peace or fullfill prophecy and wage the final war and demarcation for good vs. evil. Those who oppose you will suggest the former, the abrahamic tend to suggest the latter. What is your stance on this?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join