It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

No problem! However, you have to admit, the discription of the fire breathing fellow with the scales like iron, is awesome to say the least.....Good day sir!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Remember what Jesus said about "eyes to see and ears to hear".

As with many things, we only "get" what we are ready to "get". Someone that is more "tuned in" than I am will see something ENTIRELY new from what I have experienced.

I agree but on the flipside they could see things from a completely distorted point of view. Bottom line is no one really knows anything about most of this stuff on ATS. It's all just assumptions and presumptions and theories and vague 'explanations'. Nothing wrong with that but it's just ridiculous when people state their beliefs as facts (like christians with well scrubbed grey matter)

While I have little to no use for Paul and Peter (I think they/the Romans hijacked the philosophy of Jesus), there is a great deal of wisdom hidden. Much use of allegory.

I agree again about the hidden wisdom part and about the Paul and Peter/Romans bit. Although I'm not too sold about the whole 'philosophy of Jesus' bit.

As a gnostic, I tend to get most "mainstream" christians a little sideways on theology.

Pfft. Thats ok. the "church" has been trying to kill us off for millenia.

Haha and if they don't do it we'll do it ourselves anyway. Isn't entropy wonderful?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

No problem! However, you have to admit, the discription of the fire breathing fellow with the scales like iron, is awesome to say the least.....Good day sir!

Oh definitely. Makes for fun reading if nothing else. Cheers to you too.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been around to participate in my own thread guys. Just as page two was getting started - right around dawn my time - my youngest son came into my man cave and reminded me that I'd promised to take him fishing and that is exactly what we did.

He didn't have much luck. He caught a small Black Crappie that we threw back.

I, on the other hand, caught this monster:

I'd never seen a fish like this before and couldn't find it in the DNR sourcebook. I was about to clean and fry it up when my stepson told me it was a Dogfish, which has less than prime tasting flesh. So instead of eating it, I threw it on the compost heap.

I almost landed a HUGE catfish. Its head was the size of a baseball mitt and it weighed 20bs if it weighed an ounce. Unfortunately, I was using 4lb test line when he took my bait and it snapped as I was trying to bring it in.

So I apologize for not being here, but I had a GOOD EXCUSE!
(Spending quality time with my children always takes priority over just about anything.)

I'll start reading through the replies, but I don't anticipate posting anything until tomorrow. I've been up for two days now and I wouldn't want to give you fine folks anything less than my best responses. I have to say that I'm astonished at how the thread took off. I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. I do hope this thread has provided you with plenty of mental stimulation and entertainment.

I'll be back,
OC

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If this is indeed those times I'm screwed, as I haven't been baptised yet, despite wanting to.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
who needs a gog magog war in Israle when it is being fulfilled before our very eyes in this very thread?

good OP by the way

I think a lot of folks will agree on a range of things (and I am a believer for 3 decades and still studying this stuff):

1. its hard to pin down prophecy to a single rigid interpretation whilst in the midst of a possible fulfilment, although there is lots of room for speculation eh?
2. It is easier to look backwards at certain events and say "aha! - that was a fulfilment of such and such!"
3. we know this prophecy hasnt happened yet, and will happen by Armageddon
4. it could be literal, with real horses (especially if we are in an EM cloud and cant use modern tech)
5. the middle east region is certainly ripe for this kind of conflict

6. a good cup of coffee is hard to find
edit on 29-6-2011 by Highlander64 because: extra line or 2

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I KNOW! I KNOW!!!!

>>hand is held up

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most phophecies in the "bible" was given to the prophets by dimensional time travelers. They put these thoughts into their mind and these men wrote them down. I also find it odd that the jewish nation got most of their history from moses who recored it from a "burning bush". After they showed fear to the giants in the land they were supposed to take the loving god they served condemned an entire generation to die in the desert. I seem to think this was to erase the true past of those people by exterminating that generation.
Revelations was written by John who had an out of body experience (OBE) which is based on eastern mysticism, not exactly in line with the god of the bible. He saw creatures that the egyptians wrote about. He saw things he was told not to write down.
We are witness to a multifaction showdown of beings that have their own agenda. Many of them have been "prepping" mankind for thousands of years to buy into this crap. We are either hated or just being used depending wich faction you are controlled by. Humans are taught to hate, it's not natural. As long as we keep picking sides and hating each other we will continue to be the pawns for these negative energy beings.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

i did my research. if you're interested, start with this fine scholar's treatise on the subject:
THE NACHASH AND HIS SEED: Some Explanatory Notes on Why the “Serpent” in Genesis 3 Wasn't a Serpent. -Michael S. Heiser, PhD

tiny.cc...

read it, go ahead. bite the apple of knowledge, ya know ya wanna.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That Day.

Rise my children from hoary tomb.
Let cindered ash and dust exhume.
Dry bones I will with flesh replace
and again re-sinew to run apace.

Archangel sound your trumpet horn,
O sons of man you are reborn.

Michael, raise the Heavenly Host,
for rides to battle, the Holy Ghost.

E' re patient aeon my hand has stayed,
as I gathered lost sheep and flocks that strayed.
That precious remnant I now raise high,
with Me to rule and never die!

Soon dawns the time called Armageddon,
a day revealed midst skies so leaden.

Gathers the foe with his dreadful visage.
He assembles the mighty from all the lands:
false Gods they worship and blood on their hands.

The Anti-Christ harangues and shouts,
exhorting his armies and stifling their doubts.

I myself ordained this day,
for final cleansing and scourging raze.
The plain that stretches from Megiddo's great Tell,
piled high with corpses and souls called to Hell.

And the Great Beast with his loathsome jeers,
cast down to the Pit for a thousand years.

The scavenging carrion pick at the bones
the battle now silent, no cries or groans.

Angelic chorus; hosannas ring,
as into Jerusalem comes its rightful King.

The Mount of Olives splits in two:
Again stands My Temple so precious its hue.

A living stream from Temple Mount,
waters the land with a living fount.

All now worship and fall on your knees,
The Messiah has heard your heart felt pleas.

All this is written and soon shall be.
May the Lord God preserve us
and so say we.

edit on 29/6/11 by BigDenzil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Sorry I haven't been around to participate in my own thread guys. Just as page two was getting started - right around dawn my time - my youngest son came into my man cave and reminded me that I'd promised to take him fishing and that is exactly what we did.

I'd never seen a fish like this before and couldn't find it in the DNR sourcebook. I was about to clean and fry it up when my stepson told me it was a Dogfish, which has less than prime tasting flesh. So instead of eating it, I threw it on the compost heap.

I almost landed a HUGE catfish. Its head was the size of a baseball mitt and it weighed 20bs if it weighed an ounce. Unfortunately, I was using 4lb test line when he took my bait and it snapped as I was trying to bring it in.

So I apologize for not being here, but I had a GOOD EXCUSE!
(Spending quality time with my children always takes priority over just about anything.)

I'll start reading through the replies, but I don't anticipate posting anything until tomorrow. I've been up for two days now and I wouldn't want to give you fine folks anything less than my best responses. I have to say that I'm astonished at how the thread took off. I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. I do hope this thread has provided you with plenty of mental stimulation and entertainment.

I'll be back,
OC

Thanks for the essay

edit on 29-6-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
daniel 10:6
His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

a face like lightning? with glowing eyeballs. amd a body like beryl (gold) and feet like polished brass.......anybody besides me think this sounds like a machine? a face like lightning........ what the sam hill. lol

that is one heckuva visitation

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i did my research. if you're interested, start with this fine scholar's treatise on the subject:
THE NACHASH AND HIS SEED: Some Explanatory Notes on Why the “Serpent” in Genesis 3 Wasn't a Serpent. -Michael S. Heiser, PhD

tiny.cc...

read it, go ahead. bite the apple of knowledge, ya know ya wanna.

Oh I've bitten right down to the middle and found plenty of worms. And I definitely will read the notes. Sounds interesting but until I see some hard evidence it's all just speculation. But he could very well be right.

In fact the last time I visited Loch Ness, Nessie whispered into my ear and told me not to eat the local lettuce.

Aren't drugs wonderful?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's good to see a real face behind the thread,and i was thinking well if you truly believe in this prophecy,you would be spending every chance you had to live ,Going fishing is as good as any.But i recall another Christian using the afterlife as an excuse to do bugger all in this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

just read it, just read it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

A very interesting thread. Almost like a biblical take on this thread.

As I've been saying frequently lately, these are interesting and disturbing times we live in.

Good luck to you when SHTF OldCorp.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am I am. It's quite cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

agnostic |agˈnästik|
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
adjective
of or relating to agnostics or agnosticism.
DERIVATIVES
agnosticism |-təˌsizəm| |øgˈnɑstəˈsɪzəm| |əgˈnɑstəˈsɪzəm| |-sɪz(ə)m| noun
ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from a- 1 [not] + gnostic .

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Actually you (as do so many so called "Christians" in the world today) have a view of End Times, based on little more than wild speculation....most of it from quite modern sources. In fact even speaking of "The Antichrist" as if he is someone having anything to do with The Book of Revelation or even Ezekiel is completely in error. The word "Antichrist" is not even mentioned once in The Book of Revelation....nor in Ezekiel. In fact the term "Antichrist" can ONLY be found in 4 passages. All were penned by Apostle John within the books of first and second John. When read in context it is completely clear that John was speaking of a 'spirit of Antichrist' that anyone could possess...he is literally speaking of someone who is against Christ.....Not unlike Anti-smoking, or Anti-hunting...etc.

John is writing his letter to a Church which is in it's last days, due to so many people within being overrun with anti-christian attitudes......Keep in mind these verses from John are the ONLY place in the Bible which even mentions the term....The concept of the Antichrist as some silver tongued politician who will take control of the world is nothing but a radical misreprentation of the verses in John. By associating the term Antichrist with various books of the Bible alleged to be about the End of the World, a vast and completely inaccurate mythology has been built up which is surprisingly based on nothing at all, really.

As for the Book of Revelation....The book itself is considered one of many various Apocalypses found in the Ancient World....
"An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted"
The concept that it is about events which are yet to come to pass(the Futurist interpretation), is actually quite modern itself...and completely ignores the various other interpretation of the book given throughout history. In fact, it wasn't till the 19th century that the Futurist Interpretation replaced the Historicism Interpretation when it was adopted by conservative Protestants.

"Historicists hold that the events predicted in the Bible have been taking place in history. Historicism gained popularity with the Protestant Reformation. In the 19th century, with the rise of dispensationalism, conservative Protestants largely abandoned historicism in favor of futurism."

.....Other Ideas include Preterism......"Preterism holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century." "Preterist interpretations generally identify either Jerusalem or the Roman Empire as the persecutor of the Church, "Babylon", the "Mother of Harlots", etc. They see Armageddon as God's judgement on the Jews, carried out by the Roman army, which is identified as "the beast". It sees Revelation being fulfilled in 70, thereby bringing the full presence of God to dwell with all humanity. Some preterists see the second half of Revelation as changing focus to Rome, its persecution of Christians, and the fall of the Roman Empire."

.....Also there is the Paschal liturgical view. "This view, which has found expression among both Catholic and Protestant theologians, considers the liturgical worship, particularly the Easter rites, of early Christianity as background and context for understanding the Book of Revelation's structure and significance. This perspective is explained in The Paschal Liturgy and the Apocalypse (new edition, 2004) by Massey H. Shepherd, an Episcopal scholar, and in Scott Hahn's The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth (1999), in which he states that Revelation in form is structured after creation, fall, judgment and redemption. Those who hold this view say that the Temple's destruction (70 AD) had a profound effect on the Jewish people, not only in Jerusalem but among the Greek-speaking Jews of the Mediterranean.They believe The Book of Revelation provides insight into the early Eucharist, saying that it is the new Temple worship in the New Heaven and Earth. The idea of the Eucharist as a foretaste of the heavenly banquet is also explored by British Methodist Geoffrey Wainwright in his book Eucharist and Eschatology (Oxford University Press, 1980)."

There is the Radical discipleship view
"The radical discipleship view asserts that the Book of Revelation is best understood as a handbook for radical discipleship; i.e., how to remain faithful to the spirit and teachings of Jesus and avoid simply assimilating to surrounding society. In this view, the primary agenda of the book is to expose as impostors the worldly powers that seek to oppose the ways of God and God's Kingdom. The chief temptation for Christians in the 1st century, and today, is to fail to hold fast to the non-violent teachings and example of Jesus and instead be lured into unquestioning adoption and assimilation of worldly, national or cultural values - imperialism, nationalism, and civil religion being the most dangerous and insidious. This perspective (closely related to liberation theology) draws on the approach of Bible scholars such as Ched Myers, William Stringfellow, Richard Horsley, Daniel Berrigan, Wes Howard-Brook, and Joerg Rieger.

There is the Pashal Spiritual view
"Paschal spiritual view
There is also a perspective that holds that the book of Revelation describes a spiritual battle that took place while Jesus was on the cross and in the grave. Some Primitive Baptists believe this to be the intended meaning."

There are various Aesthetic and literary views, as well as various Academic views...all of which I won't list here [check the link I give for my sources]

And of course, their is...the Esoteric View.

"The esoterist views Revelation as bearing multiple levels of meaning, the lowest being the literal or "dead-letter." Those who are instructed in esoteric knowledge enter gradually into more subtle levels of understanding of the text. They see the book as delivering both a series of warnings for humanity and a detailed account of internal, spiritual processes of the individual soul.
The Gnostic Kabbalist believes that Revelation (like Genesis) is a very profound book of Kabbalistic symbolism. This view is held by teachers such as H.P. Blavatsky, Eliphas Levi, Rudolf Steiner.
James Morgan Pryse was an esoteric gnostic who saw Revelation as a western version of the Hindu theory of the Chakra. He began his work, "The purpose of this book is to show that the Apocalypse is a manual of spiritual development and not, as conventionally interpreted, a cryptic history or prophecy"

SOURCES
www.bible.ca...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Word is the element of which the Mode is possible!

Hence, we cannot discredit the Bible any more than we can discredit the Quran nor the Torah. To all the means of the end is nigh!

However, there is the question of who the "chosen" are, who are the true Israelites to whom GOD will protect. This is why there has been the concerted effort to antagonize enough to get someone to actually bomb Israel. In other words, someone is forcing the Hand of GOD into revealing himself.

The Mahdi is suppose to stand alongside of Christ and beat the AC, but it is believed that Christ is second fiddle which in of itself discredits the Mahdi through his ego and actions; it could very well be a story that has more twists and turns than we can easily spell out just yet.

I do not think the Zionist Nation of Israel are the true Jews, and as such a new Temple will be built in Honor of the fallen, and the sacrifice will once again return. The true Lost Tribe is in South Africa where they have always been, a peaceful people of GOD.

The thing that we all fail to notice is that America is not in the Bible unless we look at one particular part and that is REV 17, there it describes America through and through, this is the part that should scare us all! For in one day she will fall.

It is possible that we will have a simultaneous expression of Scripture along with a simultaneous expression of a forced Gog/Magog War in order to "prove" once and for all as to who the "chosen" people of GOD are.

The AC is King Arthur because he is the clone of the Shroud. Eliminate the Whore, and remove the Harlot and then it will all begin for the "rest of the world", but not for America. God Bless America!

I have always believed the False Prophet is our one and only Obama! There is nothing the man says that he can fulfill; the False Prophet speaks of the future not of scripture (the past) and within the words are lies because it is all false! I wonder, based on his hidden background if he isn't a direct blood lineage of Muhammad himself, the 12th Imam. Naw, he is just a False Prophet, the Mahdi is still in hiding.

I have never really thought about what takes place first, the Gog/Magog war or the Fall of Babylon; I guess time will tell and both are nearer than we may ever expect!

Good Job OldCorp! It's all very exhilarating to say the least! Poor Israel! Big BAda Boom is coming! Oddly I just read that their leaders are in their bunkers!

www.abovetopsecret.com... It has probably been linked already but my eyes got tired of all the non-believers who are wishing for a miracle and praying to wake up like it is 1999!

At any rate, you look good with a gun and a smile!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join