It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hello Mr. OP,

i'd just like to point out a feature people sometimes miss in their readings of those verses:

no one comes to israel's rescue, not even israel. the passages say that god reserves the rescue mission for himself to prove to them (as a nation of people) that he does indeed exist and that they've been looking in the wrong places for salvation. or something like that, anyway.

also, many ashkenazi jews were in russia as well. and alot of them migrated to israel. so technically speaking, rosh/gog/magog are already on the mountains of israel, although technically speaking is sometimes different than the more precise intent of the passages.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just for you: I'm not a "Young Earth Creationist." I believe in evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth. To me, science and my faith are not mutually exclusive.

So then why is there absolutely no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? You'd think someone would want to include at least a small snippet of a planet full of gigantic lumbering lizards. But no we get a magical garden with a talking snake.

Brainwashed christians with guns. America's no.1 solution for world peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by OldCorp
Just for you: I'm not a "Young Earth Creationist." I believe in evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth. To me, science and my faith are not mutually exclusive.

So then why is there absolutely no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? You'd think someone would want to include at least a small snippet of a planet full of gigantic lumbering lizards. But no we get a magical garden with a talking snake.

Brainwashed christians with guns. America's no.1 solution for world peace.

the planet wasn't created in the beginning passages, rather it was re-terraformed, as is evident from the references to the water receeding and the dry land appearing. it wasn't created at the time, it was already there, just under, what sounds like, alot of frozen water. the creation verses in the bible, relate almost exclusively to what is known as the human dispensation, as there were other dispensations on this planet before homo sapians and they are only vaguely mentioned in the texts.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So you know who or what Gog/Magog is when biblical historians can't agree on what they are? Fear mongering...and they lap it up like dogs.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Very interesting post OP I must say, good effort. Though I think I will start off with saying, I don't believe in prophecy, especially from a book with origins as dubious as the bible. However what I would like to draw attention to is the list of countries who you interpret to be the nations who will be involved in this conflict with Israel and provide some counter points as to how this is very unlikely in my opinion.

Russia

Russia and Israel sign military agreement

The agreement inked today by Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov and his Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak sketches out the further military co-operation between the two countries for the next five years.

Pledged to military cooperation with Israel, as well as having many peoples of Russian descent living in Israel, it seems highly unlikely that they would be a major enemy in this conflict. The limit of their conflict in the past has been that Russia has sold weapons to neighbouring Arab states (just like the USA and Britain mind you).

Turkey

Turkey, a pledged and committed member of NATO and until recently increasingly desperate to make headway and join the EU. Recent actions taken by Israel which have strained the relationship between Israel and Turkey may look on the surface dire, yet there is still a mountain of trade and cooperation between Israel and Turkey. Turkey has been a long standing mediator between the Palestinians and Israel at the behest of the west who see Turkey (along with Israel) as their inroad into the middle east.

Libya and Sudan

Where to start with this one? For starters, the Libyan standing army can't even defeat a few rebels, how would you expect them to even partake in any sort of war against Israel. A few cruise missles had Libya locked down in a matter of hours. Sudan, the same as Libya is a very decentralised, poor and badly equipped nation with a military which is largely useless when it comes to full scale war with a small heavily militarised state like Israel

edit on 28-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Heres my problem with the post, and I beseech you to set this old heathen straight, if such a thing can be done.

How can any violence be condoned/justified by that which you wish your fellow humans to worship?

In a universe where God is all powerful and all knowing and all LOVING, why would he create a situation where his children are lead to slaughter?

What kind of God demands bloodshed?

It's as if 'Thou shalt not kill' is but one of the Ten Guidelines.

How can you justify the murder of innocents for a being that is supposed to be our guiding light?

If this prophecy comes true, it is the will of Man, Not God.

No God I could respect would allow such devastation in His name.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the planet wasn't created in the beginning passages, rather it was re-terraformed, as is evident from the references to the water receeding and the dry land appearing. it wasn't created at the time, it was already there, just under, what sounds like, alot of frozen water.

I see. So which one is it? Space ghost creates the world in 7 days or heats it up with a giant hair dryer to melt the ice for 're-terraforming'?

the creation verses in the bible, relate almost exclusively to what is known as the human dispensation, as there were other dispensations on this planet before homo sapians and they are only vaguely mentioned in the texts.

That's very fascinating. I'm glad you base your theories on vague references in a story book. I guess talking snakes were quite common during the 'human dispensation' as well right?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Heres my problem with the post, and I beseech you to set this old heathen straight, if such a thing can be done.

How can any violence be condoned/justified by that which you wish your fellow humans to worship?

In a universe where God is all powerful and all knowing and all LOVING, why would he create a situation where his children are lead to slaughter?

What kind of God demands bloodshed?

It's as if 'Thou shalt not kill' is but one of the Ten Guidelines.

How can you justify the murder of innocents for a being that is supposed to be our guiding light?

If this prophecy comes true, it is the will of Man, Not God.

No God I could respect would allow such devastation in His name.

the premise is, that a deliberate attempt to completely destroy israel (as a land, nation and a people), causes this reaction from god. let's say you have several children, and one day, one of them gets too rich and too smart for his own good, causing your other kids to get angry, which spurs a long grudge match that goes on for 1000s of years, finally culminating in your kids trying to destroy each other IN israel, and the land itself so that it is uninhabitable. he apparently doesn't like the idea, of annihilating from the face of the earth, an entire racial group.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

That is a good post. Very well thought out. I hope to see some answers.

In fact I wish I could retort. I have nothing.
edit on 28-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It seems like sort of a leap, but I do see some similarities in it all, especially "Leviathan" Oil Field. LOL

Anyways, I'm interested in what the next few years will bring.

Good thread.

edit on 28-6-2011 by OneEyedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the premise is, that a deliberate attempt to completely destroy israel (as a land, nation and a people), causes this reaction from god. let's say you have several children, and one day, one of them gets too rich and too smart for his own good, causing your other kids to get angry, which spurs a long grudge match that goes on for 1000s of years, finally culminating in your kids trying to destroy each other IN israel, and the land itself so that it is uninhabitable. he apparently doesn't like the idea, of annihilating from the face of the earth, an entire racial group.

If all your 12900 plus posts on ATS have been like this then this place truly is the loony bin of the internet.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Good job at making so many connections. I am not religous, but I believe that all things that are important to people and society, come down to some sort of truth. The bible and many other religous texts are very old and you must consider that they were wrote by people who thought and used words very differently than how me or you would use them today. I think that we as a whole civilization are past due for some sort of spiritual or mental breakthrough, like how we've done with technology and science in the past. It will only happen if people can open their minds to new knowledge, and even be able to accept being told they are wrong and stand corrected. Sometimes people may bash you and put your theory to the dirt, its a part of the process of finding the truth. I could be wrong. You could be wrong. But to find out whats right you have to be able to handle others opinions and input.

Whoever made the wheel, im sure didnt know all that could be done with that one small tool nor did he know exactly how the wheel worked. But without that we wouldnt have cars, or many other things, and know how a wheel does what it does. Knowledge comes from not knowing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

That's very fascinating. I'm glad you base your theories on vague references in a story book. I guess talking snakes were quite common during the 'human dispensation' as well right?

it's actually not a talking snake, it's a nachash, a seraph (singular for seraphim, a species of "angel," serpentine in appearance.
possibly this fella
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/03988f46ed432cca.jpg[/atsimg]
statue from enki's city of eridu in ancient sumer, circa 4000 BC, terra cotta.
here's the side view
oi.uchicago.edu...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just curious and feel free to berate me but why is it anytime something resembling war is about to start all we see and hear about is ancient scripture??? i could sit down today and write the same thing and in all probability i would be right in a thousand years because it's simple human nature to protect ones territory and fight over resources because it's been happening since the beginning of time......just my take on the whole prophecy in the bible thing

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

If you will take 5 min. and go to the book of Job in the old testament, you will find in the last chapter a very intriguing discription of the beasts of old.
edit on 28-6-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by Fatgoblin

If you will take 5 min. and go to the book of Job in the old testament you will find in the last chapter a very intriguing discription of the beasts of old.

unfortunately, the new trend is to continue to pretend that every person on the planet that believes the ancient history books contain valuable, real data ( somewhat obscured from understanding by time and translation and cultural differences), must ALWAYS believe the serpent was a snake, the world was created 6000 years ago, the flood was global, all the animals on the planet (THIS planet) were on the ark, and etc, because it's easier to debunk. it's like the ultimate strawman.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

i pretty much agree with you re ezekiel. but it puzzles me that on the one hand "god" will destroy the attacking nations but has already said that he will destroy israel too. i interpret this from the following;-

"I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land."

so if they are god's chosen people, what are they chosen for? it wouldn't be the first time that god plays off one against the other. it looks like everyone involved will get their comeuppence. many in israel have behaved like psychopaths so i wont be surprised.

these end times are generally written about in prophecies all around the world. most refer to bad times culminating in a new age. it won't be pleasant but afterwards i am sure survivors will beat there guns into ploughshares. the reason the bible can be so accurate is that god is responsible for all good and evil and timelines. "he" knows what will happen and when because "he" makes it so.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I found this peice to be so interesting thank you for sharing and I wonderd if you had heard of RA-EL.org this is the link www.ra-el.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Oh, we realize that there were more prophets than those we recognize; we just call them false prophets.

How was muhammed a false prophet lmao? He is in the same line as Noah, jesus, moses, jacob, adam, abraham. These are all abrahamic religions and thus muhammed was not a false prophet.

In fact Muhammad PBUH preached very very highly of Jesus PBUH

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

To answer the initial post of the thread I would say yes. Gog and Magog is probably only a few years away at most. Let me toss a couple of extra prophesies into the mix to pin down the timeline here.

Matthew 24 tells us in the fig tree prophesy that the apocalypse will occur in the lifetime of the "generation" that is around when the first end time events happen. The problem here is what? The rebirth of a nation called Israel is an end time event as predicted in Ezekiel and other books of the prophecy. So based on Matthew 24 I would point out that we now have a timeline to watch on the Apocalypse. Assuming the generation in question is a time period of 70 to 80 years as given in Psalms 90 then 80 years from 1948 would be 2028. Subtract 7 for the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9 then at the most there is 10 years left for the Gog-Magog conflict to happen. Assuming 7 years for the clean up then Gog-Magog really only has about a 3 year window left to occur in.

Secondly it turns out there was a prophecy on the restoration of the nation of Israel in the bible. It's the book of Hosea. And it gives a timeframe as to how long the absence of the nation of Israel would be. You need to read the entire book for the context but here it is in a quick nutshell. And remember the days quoted are in the presence of God. Thousand year periods of time on earth.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The prophecy is stating that Israel would be destroyed for 2000 years followed by a thousand year day of Jezreel mentioned in Hosea 1. It took a while to figure out why exactly they were cursed for 2000 years but here is my best guess. They triggered the Curse of Malachi. Malachi 4 specifically. Which states this.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And why is this important? Matthew 17.
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Best guess is that Elijah the prophet met with a bad ending. Triggering the curse and putting in a 2000 year detour in the timeline to the "day of the Lord". Another name for the "day of Jezreel"?

So based on that information I would say the Gog-Magog incident is going to happen no later than 2018. Most likely by 2014. If I have the timeline right.

edit on 28-6-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join