It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists, be honest. We know it, you know it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Atheists, be honest with the reason you don't believe in Christianity - it's not because you researched the entire Bible, front to back, found all possible "contradictions" (which are always out of context), and came to the undeniable conclusion that God is fake/imaginary.

The real reason you will not believe in Christianity is because it would interfere too much in your daily life. You'll feel like you're being forced to stop drinking and smoking and all the things deemed "wrong" by the Bible that you'll soon start to think that it's nothing more but "control".

So, be honest, and I'll be honest with you - the real Christian is not someone who says, "OK, I'll give up this and that, and I'll go to Church every Sunday, and I'll donate and help the poor, and I can go to Heaven" - No, a true Christian life starts with anguish and sorrow. It comes when you've hit rock bottom and realize what you're doing is wrong, that no one is perfect, and that you're destined for hell, and have a DESIRE to change, because it's those people who truly realize the GIFT of God - freedom from Sin, forgiveness and love.

It's those people who realize it's not works that get them into Heaven, but that they are saved by FAITH through the grace of God.

Realize that no one is perfect. I don't care how good you think you are, or how good you think someone else is - when you ask, "how can God send that person to hell? They're so good!", and let me tell you - no one is good, no one is righteous; all fall short of the glory of God.

Finally, though.. I'll leave you with something to think about.

We all know who the Royal family is, but, can you tell me what goes on behind closed doors? Can you tell me what they do at dinner time? What they talk about, privately, personally? We can know when, say, the Queen visits another country, or this or that happened, but you cannot know what happens in their own home.

Christianity is no different. You may think you have all the answers, that you can disprove the Bible because you've researched it thoroughly, but you don't know the half of it.

You don't know what true Christianity is about.. because you're not a part of our family.

But you're welcome to join.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Theres a big difference from being religious and believing in a god. One is completely poisonous and one isn't.

I don't believe in atheists. To be an atheist would be to deny the sky doesn't exist. Theres no explanation for anything in this life, so for someone to claim to hold these truths is lying. Thats the bottom line. None of you exist!

Oh EDIT: Ive been there and done that, to be honest being a christian was the most miserable time of my life. To teach children they will be raped by demons in hell and they will burn forever and ever is evil in my opinion. Forcing things upon kids is wrong. Also don't judge me, something Christians love to do. You don't know why i became one or when I did or why I stopped being one. I have my reasons.
edit on 28-6-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Alright I'll be honest. The reason I don't follow any religion is because I don't give a cent about them.

I'll live my life f*****!

edit on 28-6-2011 by Jepic because: to modify my text.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
1 shut up
2 i was in the family, turns out they lied to me and took my money.

some family.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As an Agnostic I certainly won't be saved if God does exist. That being said, from a religious standpoint you are completely correct and most people are not willing to make the changes necessary to be religious because they are too difficult for people to embrace. The atheists on here (the noisy ones anyway) are ignorant and mean spirited and I would befriend a Christian who lives a moral decent life over a snotty atheist any day. You could argue all day as to whether Christianity is right or wrong, fact or fraud, but when it comes down to it, Christian beliefs help you live a moral life and make you a completely awesome friend and human being if practiced correctly. All non-religious people should respect the commitment that religious people make, the commitment to be good people.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Lionhearte,

I grew up with a Christian background and did search the Bible backwards & forwards, all by myself.

And it led me to a realization that the myth of Jesus as God just didn't add up. It has too many contradictions within itself & with the God of Abraham. It was too frighteningly similar to earlier pagan religions.

And instead of leading me to atheism, as it has so many others who see the same problems, it led me to belief in the one true God. I guess right now I'm a righteous gentile, maybe. Or simply monotheistic.

You should think about your own faith, too. Most Christians only believe what they've been spoon-fed and know almost nothing about their own faith.

link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Theres a big difference from being religious and believing in a god. One is completely poisonous and one isn't.

I don't believe in atheists. To be an atheist would be to deny the sky doesn't exist. Theres no explanation for anything in this life, so for someone to claim to hold these truths is lying. Thats the bottom line. None of you exist!

I agree. I'm not Religious at all, I hate it with a passion. There's that whole attitude of, "works", and, "you have to do -this- to get loved by God."

It's not right.

Originally posted by Jepic
Alright I'll be honest. The reason I don't follow any religion is because I don't give a cent about them.

I'll live my life f*****!

See above, there is indeed a difference between Religion and believing in God.

Originally posted by vjr1113
1 shut up
2 i was in the family, turns out they lied to me and took my money.

some family.

Why would they take your money? There's a story behind this, and I'd like to hear about it.

link   

Oh EDIT: Ive been there and done that, to be honest being a christian was the most miserable time of my life. To teach children they will be raped by demons in hell and they will burn forever and ever is evil in my opinion. Forcing things upon kids is wrong. Also don't judge me, something Christians love to do. You don't know why i became one or when I did or why I stopped being one. I have my reasons.

Besides how can a soul be forced to go anywhere nor have anything done to them. A soul is pure energy. You can't do anything to it. Especially a demon.

A soul has no form thus it can't be raped as you stated.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

You don't know what true Christianity is about.. because you're not a part of our family.

I was raised a Christian and always questioned its validity. I went to churches until i was 18 years old every Sunday almost.

I am Agnostic always have been which means i doubt truth of Religion and/or Uncertain to all claims of knowledge.

You are Christian You claim to know and/or have faith in a God and/or Deity Correct.?

I claim to know nothing

-Socrates "I know that i know Nothing."
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You cant even know for a fact that there is even a soul. Its just consciousness in my opinion. No one knows any answers. Maybe they did at one time but that time is gone.

link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Lionhearte,

I grew up with a Christian background and did search the Bible backwards & forwards, all by myself.

And it led me to a realization that the myth of Jesus as God just didn't add up. It has too many contradictions within itself & with the God of Abraham. It was too frighteningly similar to earlier pagan religions.

And instead of leading me to atheism, as it has so many others who see the same problems, it led me to belief in the one true God. I guess right now I'm a righteous gentile, maybe. Or simply monotheistic.

You should think about your own faith, too. Most Christians only believe what they've been spoon-fed and know almost nothing about their own faith.

See, that's the thing. I researched my beliefs too, thoroughly, and I still believe every word of it. It's not like I take everything I hear for granted - clearly I wouldn't be on ATS if I did, so it always excites me when I meet someone with different beliefs.

I'm willing to listen to someone talk about what they've researched and what they found, it's not like it'll do me any harm. The truth will stand out, no matter what it is - it may be covered with lies and deceit, but it will never falter.

So, what exactly have you found?

link   

I don't believe in God as an entity or creature that we can imagine. If I have to guess I'd say it's a force. I would also have to say that it is in a separate dimension where only he can be. But this last sentence is a bit of my imagination at work so...

I also believe that this force has no name. No appearance. No description. It is perfection thus it can't have an identity nor form. If it had one, it would be flawed in the eye of a beholder. And this force is not flawed.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

You cant even know for a fact that there is even a soul. Its just consciousness in my opinion. No one knows any answers. Maybe they did at one time but that time is gone.

I agree. But we are speaking hypothetically obviously.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Is it me or are both the atheist's and Christian's on constant repeat lately?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Atheists, be honest with the reason you don't believe in Christianity - it's not because you researched the entire Bible, front to back, found all possible "contradictions" (which are always out of context), and came to the undeniable conclusion that God is fake/imaginary.

The real reason you will not believe in Christianity is because it would interfere too much in your daily life. You'll feel like you're being forced to stop drinking and smoking and all the things deemed "wrong" by the Bible that you'll soon start to think that it's nothing more but "control".

I'll just go with this...
You're ignorant sir. First because you assume the only religion that atheist disagree with is Christianity. Second for your entire second paragraph.
Trying to dispute a religious person, such as yourself, intelligently is commonly met with answers like "because God says so." So I won't try. I'll simply say you have a small vision of the universe if you believe your almighty God lives in the clouds above the Earth. That's what the Bible says... Even though modern Christianity uses the King James Bible, which is King Jame's interpretation of the Old Testament.

Christianity now follows a book written by a man who read another book and put it in his own words.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Is it me or are both the atheist's and Christian's on constant repeat lately?

First time I see this question asked.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

What do you mean? I usually stay out of religious threads.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow I always try to be respectful to people with different viewpoints to mine but I can't get over the tone of this post.

I cannot conceive of how a person could be so deeply indoctrinated that they genuinely believe that a human being should default to taking as gospel the words of other human beings, written hundreds of years ago, translated, re-versioned and interpreted in many different ways. Not only that but to suggest that if somebody doesn't blindly follow the teachings of this book that they must be doing it out of some kind of selfishness or bad character...it's just so judgemental. I may be wrong but I think Matthew 7:1 may be useful in this circumstance in relation to judging others unfairly. I learnt that from the ganja-chuffing rastafarian Bob Marley.

I don't happen to believe in your god, but I respect the fact that you believe in him. Either of us may be wrong and we won't know until we die. What I don't respect is your assumption that because you believe in him that you are a better human being than those who don't. If you appreciate irony you may note that the very words in your post are an indicator of weakness of character because they suggest a need for superiority over others. I do not know you as a person and my comment is based only on the words you chose.

Just to point out the obvious, many christians drink, beat their wives, smoke, steal and so on...and many atheists/agnostics try to live their lives in a positive way, not through fear of repercussions from a god but because they have an innate integrity and belief that it's "the right thing to do". If a person has not noticed this in his or her time on this planet then that would seem to suggest a lack of both observational skills and empathy.

Sorry if I sound harsh I don't mean to be rude in any way, but please re-evaluate your judgement on people who take a different path through life to the one you choose.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm not a Christian because it doesn't mesh with things that I believe in the deepest parts of my being and have since I was very young. I'm still a Theist, but I don't accept Christianity. I think that many Atheists simply have a different opinion on the nature of the divine (namely that it doesn't exist). I'm sure they have more reasons than the one you pointed out, though. Otherwise, they'd simply have moved to a less strict religion.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yeesh, who said anything about being raped by demons in hell? It should be common knowledge that demons, and the devil, would be tortured in Hell, not the ones doing the torturing. That's the separation from God.

And no, I wouldn't judge you. Of course, I always thought of judging as righteous, that the only ones who have something to fear about being judged are ones with something to hide, but it's not something I have a right to do.

HOWEVER, there is a difference between judging someone, such as, saying, "they should be sent to jail because of this," and saying, "because he acts this way, he must be lacking that", just simple deductive abilities.

Originally posted by TheUniverse

I was raised a Christian and always questioned its validity. I went to churches until i was 18 years old every Sunday almost.

I am Agnostic always have been which means i doubt truth of Religion and/or Uncertain to all claims of knowledge.

You are Christian You claim to know and/or have faith in a God and/or Deity Correct.?

I claim to know nothing

-Socrates "I know that i know Nothing."
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

That's actually a very rational thing to say. You see, I've always believed that Truth will prevail no matter what, so if Christianity was the one, true path in life, it would have no problem holding up against scrutiny and attack, and claims that it is false.. and so far, it's held up for thousands of years.

I do believe, however, that one should set off trying to find ways to disprove their beliefs. If you believe in something, you don't need anymore proof it exists. Finding ways to disprove your beliefs is the best way to find yourself in life. If you're an Atheists, you'll try to find ways why the Bible is correct - and find ways to disprove Atheism. If you can't find anything, you're in the right to begin with. However, if something stops you and makes you think.. Maybe this isn't right? Maybe there is a God?

That's when real transformation begins.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join