It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in the tap water

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
ok guys heres something intresting to throw your way. Recently,i heard that the main ingredient in prozac is fluoride. and the nazis where the first to put prozac in there tap water,why idk? but if the main ingredient of prozac is fluoride,how come its used in the u.s in the tap water?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

To keep our teeth clean, apparently.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Supposedly it prevents cavities, but im pretty sure its been proven that it lowers iq's and can cause all sort of other dental problems.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I found this site, which says:

Every day that a person takes a standard dose of Prozac, he gets 3.3 milligrams of fluorine. At the higher dose, he gets 6.6 milligrams of fluorine...

for the typical individual, 6.6mg/day [of fluorine] is more than enough to cause crippling skeletal fluorosis…and 3.3mg [of fluorine per day] is darn close. For the sensitive individual one Prozac a day would be excessive and likely to cause gastrointestinal problems almost immediately.

I recommend reading the page in full. It has some other info about fluoridation and lead that made me really curious.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There are 10 - yes 10 PAGES of threads on flouride. Did you think of visiting these before starting yet another thread.
The search function is your friend...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurifuri
reply to post by shadowreborn89

To keep our teeth clean, apparently.

Keeping our teeth clean and our brains slow. While contributing to widespread arthritis!!!
Yea! for clean teeth though!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I spent the first 20 odd years of my life using rainwater and bore water.

Never had a tooth problem whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This thread should be closed. There are ten pages of threads on the issue already that could be added to.
Goes off to bang head against wall...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Why so obstinate? There are mods for a reason, give them time and go spend your own elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Mayne, ppl so mad and waste time to give there close opinion.. well ive seen alot of threads hadnt seen one like this so i figured id throw it up there...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There is no fluoride in our tap water. This "conspiracy" is the most paranoid I have ever heard. If there is an example of why people call conspiracy theorists nutjobs it's because of this one. They use this as an example.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
There is no fluoride in our tap water. This "conspiracy" is the most paranoid I have ever heard. If there is an example of why people call conspiracy theorists nutjobs it's because of this one. They use this as an example.

The first google response I clicked on

Ummm.... Yeah there is. Has been for a while.

Wait... did you do that on purpose?

EDIT: Just noticed.... are you speaking of the UK? Apparently there is a society for it.
edit on 28-6-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
what he just says is trie, theres been fluoride in the tap water forever... and ii tend to stay away from nutty conspiracies just saying...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
what he just says is trie, theres been fluoride in the tap water forever... and ii tend to stay away from nutty conspiracies just saying...

Indeed. Although, I have heard some compelling arguments made for the difference between fluorine and fluoride being the debunk of this particular conspiracy. I'm not nearly "chemmy" enough to say one way or the other though.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is true there are many threads already on this subject.

Just to provide more fuel for the debate and hopefully not become a sore tooth in the argument for clean water, Here is a link that will provide many hours of postulation or fluorosis, depending on which side of the debate you are on..

Everything about Fluoride

edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ugh, ever considered reading before spouting off?
Some water districts can't avoid naturally occurring fluoride, others intentionally add fluoride.
The use of Fluoride has never been debated. Risk vs benefit has long been a controversial topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Did you go look at a bottle of water and realise you are just wrong ?

I find your attitude to be rather offensive & rude to be perfectly honest, I mearly stated you were 100% wrong as they do add flouride to the water, its public knowledge, the only explanation for you stating they do not, is your own laziness to go and do some research for yourself.

For your attitude mate.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join