It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I think this could explain most UFO sightings"....or "How to fly a helicopter upside down"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow. i've never seen anything like this. it seems to defy the laws of physics and aerodynamics....but it works so i must be wrong.

either way...holy cow

have a good watch

www.liveleak.com...

An 8 year old kid with an rc helicopter doing maneuvers that would make ET queasy.

If these maneuvers are achievable by this kid with available OTC technology, just imagine what a skilled pilot with the latest tech could do!!! there are a lot of your ufo sightings possibly.

yes, no ??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No, seeing as an upside down helicopter doesn't look like what many would say are UFO's.

BTW, its entirely possible to fly like that, its really neat!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Impressed, but that kid probably can't play sports
. I would like to see a real manned craft fly like that though.
For the skeptics: This maybe a good way to debunk some of the "unexplainable" maneuvers that are commonly seen in UFO sightings.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by QpenMinded

Thats why i assume ufo's are unmanned or drones. Without inertial dampening fields (star trek only??) it would be nay impossible for a being (as we know it) to preform such turns, stops, and starts.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
noisy...

going to go with...erm...no.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is very cool. My dad used to build & fly those when I very young. He was always stealing my Ken dolls for pilots.

You know why he can do this, right? It's because he has no concept yet of how much it will COST if he crashes it. His dad would be too afraid of wrecking it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
You know why he can do this, right? It's because he has no concept yet of how much it will COST if he crashes it. His dad would be too afraid of wrecking it.

This might seem like the case, but actually nowadays the Chinese manufacturers are really pushing the limits in quality with the right price.

Here, lets take for an example this video, flown with a helicopter priced 200 euros in europe. Significantly cheaper (200$?) in the US.

Complete set with Ghz radio, helicopter, battery, charger...

(Don't take this post seriously, just wanted to point out how reasonable the cost of this sport has become
)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

I didn't take it seriously! Back when my dad was doing this (early 1980s) they were phenomenally expensive, at least for our budget, and he hung them from the ceiling when he wasn't flying them so that we couldn't reach them.
He did a lot of custom stuff to his, structurally, to experiment.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join