It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA & FCC Announce Nationwide Test Of The Emergency Alert System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Easy, there is something they don't want us to hear and something they don't want us to see. That is a long time for an event to happen believe it or not.

That was a comment from the hip. I can't say it makes much sense. We are talking about shutting down TV and radio broadcasts, mostly mainstream media. Not blindfolding people and taking away their cameras and electronics.

Taking away MSM won't blind the public to anything, that's what it's there for.
edit on 2011/6/28 by SteveR because: clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Taking away MSM won't blind the public to anything, that's what it's there for.
edit on 2011/6/28 by SteveR because: clarity

Touche'.

Second line.

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I cringe every time government runs drills, because in the past crazy things have happened.

United States government operations and exercises on September 11, 2001

On September 11, 2001, the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) was involved in an ongoing operation which involved deploying fighter aircraft to northwestern North America. The US Military and NORAD had also planned to conduct several military exercises and a drill was being held by the National Reconnaissance Office, a Department of Defense agency.

Drills Ran on day of london bombings 7-7-05

Those are two significant incidents that come to mind where government authorities ran drills simultaneously along with actually calamities. Eerie coincidences I'll say? So, every time I hear of these drills being announced it raises the little hairs on the back of my neck. I am fairly certain others feel the same way? With the economy in shambles, potential currency collapse, debt ceiling negotiation deadlocked, growing unemployment, the Middle East on pins and needles, unrest in Europe, China throwing its weight around in the South China Sea, and a whole laundry list of doom and gloom to go along with it. Perhaps, those in government are reading the tea leaves, as most of us on ATS having been doing? I have my concerns about this nationwide emergency alert test? I suppose no use worrying about any of it, because what will be will be? What's on the TV tonight?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I suppose its good to have a Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System if you are expecting a nationwide emergency.

I see someone mentioned elenin, I would be more worried about the 2005YU55 asteroid. Maybe its to have people ready to cope with the aftermath of it.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Interesting date they picked. 119

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The asteroid is 2005 YU55 this is link to discription.

dailycosmicnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Shame, we no longer have an emergency alert system in the UK, so no testing.. at least I've not seen any type of test like this in my lifetime (+40 years) (tho I had heard the system we did have has morphed into a phone alert)

Not sure what they could hide in the US under a nationwide alert that they could otherwise get away with in plain sight.. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My two shiny copper pennies being tossed in...

Because they can 'test' the system, they will use and re-use the system. Anyone else remember when Presidential speeches were a big deal, and all of the networks would drop everything to hang on every utterance coming from the Oval Office? Now...well...not so much, as the speeches now have to 'fit' around American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, etc. Maybe this system is the DC Regime getting their face time--like it or not. You will listen...you have no choice.

Again, just my thoughts, that everything BIG Governement does, it starts out sounding magnanamous and with great merit, but ends pushing a political agenda.

November 9--a test run; November 10--"Live From the Oval Office, its Barry Soetaro!"

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"The nationwide test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2 p.m. eastern standard time and may last up to three and a half minutes"

It's a rather odd time of the day to do it, because most are at work or school during that time. I guess maybe they think it will cause less disruptions and people worrying so much. Plus they probably don't want to interrupt American Idol or something important like that, during the evening.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I don't know where you're from but those monthly local test are not practiced by all regions. If they are, they are on channels no one watches anyway. I live in LA and watch plenty of TV and have NEVER seen one in 10 years here.
Then you blinked, because I used see them all the time when I was in LA.

All EAS equipment must be tested weekly. The required weekly test (RWT) consists, at a minimum, of the header and the end-of-message SAME bursts. Though a RWT does not need an audio or graphic message announcing the test, many stations will provide them as a courtesy to the public. Television stations are not required to transmit a video message for weekly tests. RWTs are scheduled by the station, on random days and times, and are generally not relayed.

Required monthly tests (RMTs) are generally originated by the primary relay station or a state emergency management agency, and are then relayed by broadcast and cable stations. Some RMTs are issued by the National Weather Service, sometimes for statewide severe weather drills. RMTs must be performed between 8:30 a.m. and local sunset during odd numbered months, and local sunset to 8:30AM for even months. Received monthly tests must be re-transmitted within 60 minutes from receipt. Additionally, an RMT should not be scheduled or conducted during an event of great importance such as a pre-announced Presidential speech, coverage of a national election or a major sporting event such as the Olympic Games, the Super Bowl or the World Series as mentioned in individual EAS state plans.

A RWT is not required during a calendar week in which an RMT is scheduled. No testing has to be done at all during a calendar week in which all parts of the EAS (header burst, attention signal, audio message, and end of message burst) have been legitimately activated. Coordinated national tests are planned to be conducted at least once every year, beginning in 2011, and are very similar to RMTs.

source
edit on 2011.6.28 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Heartisblack

I also saw this. The comet will be closest to Earth on November 9th 2011. Coincidence?

I was wondering why you didn't include that point
in your OP??? must have been an after thought

yes, it seems to coincide with Elenin's arrival.
Can you say Alien Invasion False Flag event ???
What better time to make it believable ???

I also suspect many people will already be without
power and miss the test due to the electricity grid
getting squashed.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Anyone notice that it is happening on 11-9-11 ?? What the !%$#, seriously?? Really starting to wish I owned some guns, to feel a bit safer...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Personally I have to question why? Why the entire country at once? It wasn't done post 9/11 or after Katrina. These tests are normally done regionally, not nationwide. What purpose do they have for unplugging ALL of us simultaneously? One of you stated that 3.5 minutes isn't long at all....it's long enough for something, somewhere to go down, especially if personnel & equipment are already in place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join