It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA & FCC Announce Nationwide Test Of The Emergency Alert System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The nationwide test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2 p.m. eastern standard time and may last up to three and a half minutes

I have looked through much of ATS and haven't been able to find a link to this story. 3 and a half minutes of complete media silence. I find that completely mesmerizing considering the world we live in.

the nationwide test will involve broadcast radio and television stations, cable television, satellite radio and television services and wireline video service providers across all states and the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

That pretty much cripples up all media. I wonder if there is any ulterior motives to this blackout. Being as this is a conspiracy website, are there any theories to what could possibly happen as a result to this nationwide blackout?

I also found this NASA youtube video interesting, all things considered.

I could obviously be jumping to conclusions with making this interesting. But think about it, 3 1/2 minutes of nationwide silence to all things. If there was ever a moment to take advantage of, I would say these 3 1/2 minutes are prime.

Any thoughts?

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What do you think could happen in 3.5 minutes?

I can't think of anything that they could do that would have any affect on anything that they couldn't just do without a blackout.

I doubt they are gonna sneak secret police onto every street corner but if they wanted to they could do that anytime.

More than likely they've realized that their entire system needs to be updated and they need to practice so things like their mess-up during Katrina doesn't happen again. Nothing wrong with being prepared and i'm glad to see them taking it seriously.

We don't know what disasters will happen only that they will and Fema will be one of the first on the scene. I for one would want them as prepared and practiced as possible.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My opinion is to make known to the masses of sytems that are in place.

Also to create a sense of distruption and to cause doubt within the populus.

I also think that there is something looming in the not too distant future that will affect the very same people, who are the populus. There seems to be too many daily things occuring that lead to this conclusion

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I agree that there is nothing that this 3 1/2 minutes would enable that any other minutes couldn't provide, but what if there was a 3 1/2 minute blackout during 9/11? I'm sure there would be a lot less conspiracies if it happened during the 2nd plane collision.

But we can also assume that there are always new things that we cannot relate to yet that these 3 minutes would love to hide behind.

Or, as you say, it could just be a preparation thing.

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Naw there would still be video or eyewitness accounts of those three minutes. Really nothing would be accomplished in that time that I can see.

Perhaps someone will come up with something..very interesting theory though.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Remember comet Elenin ? What's behind the comet the Miracle ?
Some ish is probably gonna go down. Who knows what the feds could pull off in 3 minutes ? Who knows ?
edit on 28-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)
_javascript:yvid()

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
"Any thoughts?"

What? And miss a few precious ticker headlines on my favorite cable news programming? Never! I'd just get up from my sofa and turn off the television! Not until I head the LOUD siren from our nearby downtown, this "emergency test" won't distract me from going about my mundane activities.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I also saw this. The comet will be closest to Earth on November 9th 2011. Coincidence?

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Which comet?
Not Elenin. Its close approach is on October 16.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
While it's been noted that these Emergency Preparedness Plans by NASA aren't anything new, he does say in the vid that after a recent drill with FEMA, "he became aware of some things that concerned him" regarding the emergency preparedness plan for NASA employees, and goes on to elaborate on some points.

There seems to be numerous drills taking place all over America involving FEMA and the military in the past couple of years. I don't know if these drills have been going on for many years and it's just that they are getting more attention these days, or if these drills are, indeed, starting to be more frequent. If they are more frequent, then my question is...why? Why, after so many decades are we just NOW ramping up our efforts in this area? Why do we keep hearing about biochemical attack drills and preparedness for "terrorist attacks" so much in the past couple of years? 9/ll occurred almost 10 years ago!

Wouldn't all this recent hype about preparing for terrorist attacks have been a little easier to swallow if they would have started just after 9/11? It makes me wonder if they really fear a "terrorist attack" from abroad at all.....otherwise, why would these "warnings" be so late in coming?

As far as a "false flag" situation being planned, if the government were planning some kind of attack on American soil, why would they turn around and warn everyone to "prepare" for emergency situations? If some think the govt. is planning some "depopulation" plot (like I've heard many suggest in threads of this nature), then wouldn't they want to catch people off guard?

If the government is up to anything, my guess would be that they know of some impending natural disaster (probably from outer space) that they can't control, and they are trying to prepare us for it without revealing what it is because of potential for mass hysteria.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My apologies. Earth will pass through the rocky tail of the comet on November 9 2011.
link< br />
AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but I'm on my phone and can't link it.

Here's my take on it. Why take over ALL audio/video in the country for 3 and a half minutes? Easy, there is something they don't want us to hear and something they don't want us to see. That is a long time for an event to happen believe it or not. There is more to this, along with all the NASA prepardness videos, and what's happening in our world today. I say we are in for a huge event unlike any we've ever seen.

It's no coincedence either, that the biggest alignment of "ELENIN" and the planets, will occur around this date.

It's going to be a wild ride folks. I'm super stoked!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Make that the "dusty" tail of the comet.
The Earth will cross the orbital path of Elenin around November 5th but the tail will pass through the tail (if it does so at all) before then.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Which comet?
Not Elenin. Its close approach is on October 16.

Actually, its size, location, distance, trajectory, and arrival date are all flexible to fit any theory people need it to conveniently fit.

As for the three minutes of black out, what if they're not hiding anything, but instead announcing what they're doing so that the masses can see it? I think that's more plausible than trying to hide something.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

I am not promoting a theory, just a topic of discussion on the first ever nationwide blackout. But in defense of your post, it's not like they can have a 3 1/2 minute blackout and not warn us of it.

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

The size, location (which is pretty much the same as knowing the distance), and "arrival date" of Elenin are quite well established.

Or maybe it's a nationwide test of the system, just like we get a monthly test of the local system.

Nah.

edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Or maybe it's a nationwide test of the system, just like we get a monthly test of the local system.

Nah.

edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I don't know where you're from but those monthly local test are not practiced by all regions. If they are, they are on channels no one watches anyway. I live in LA and watch plenty of TV and have NEVER seen one in 10 years here.

AAC

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Mapkar

I am not promoting a theory, just a topic of discussion on the first ever nationwide blackout. But in defense of your post, it's not like they can have a 3 1/2 minute blackout and not warn us of it.

AAC

I was actually referring to TPTB disclosing some sort of plan rather than simply giving us a nice heads up. I'd certainly hope that's not the case, and that this is simply a test. But, I guess we'll see in November!

And, Phage I was simply referring to how so many absurd theories and YouTube videos keep referring to "Elenin" as an extinction event, an alien messenger, or somethig along those lines. It really seems like quite a versatile little piece of space ice! I know the actual celestial body is well defined, I just seems quite flexible depending on who is making up stuff for a YouTube video.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You're right. Our local Civil Defense tests its siren system monthly.

The Emergency Alert System works differently. Our cable company runs a ticker banner when they do the tests (weekly). Apparently that's not a requirement though.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Maybe govt officials have deciphered enough crop circles to figure out that this will be the 2-3 minutes the good aliens are planning to contact us, and the greys told them to black out the media during that time.

Actually that wouldn't seem to work unless it was worldwide, so scratch that one probably.

With this government, anything is possible. We have no value to them. Maybe they know we will be nuked by the Russians in that time period:

Inside Russia's magic mountain (June 6 2000; yeah, pretty old)
www.wnd.com...

Or maybe they'll be the ones to nuke us and blame it on (whomever is convenient.) Or if not nukes, some kind of nationwide microwave beam or death ray. If I had some kind of fallout shelter, or large metal enclosure or some kind, I think I'd be inside it during this period of time. It's only 3 minutes anyway.

Although, maybe the 3 minutes is also a lie... maybe it will never come back on.

** And if you're feeling braver, that 3 minutes might be a great time for everyone to be recording the skies.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Observer99 because: addendum

top topics

<<   2 >>

join