It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity? Re-incarnation? Imagination? ...Pie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My background was in an extremely conservative Christian home. Those in the U.S. may get some idea about how conservative it was when I mention that my father recommended me going to Bob Jones.

Yet, from my earliest memories I was a polytheist. My spiritual beliefs have mirrored those in certain Earth-based religions since I was six or seven years old, well before I even knew what these were. When I got older and friends started branching out into various forms of Paganism and I followed, I found that various facets of ritualistic magic were nigh instinctual for me.

I believe in reincarnation and have for a very long time, so it's not that hard of an explanation for myself. But I do want to see what other people think. Is it reincarnation? Insanity? ...Pie?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

What type of Pie? Are you pertaining to?

I'm not really into Religious beliefs of any type i'm an agnostic myself

Which pretty much means i have doubts of all religions of this Earth

and uncertain to all claims of knowledge.

At-least i like to see it like that
edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Blueberry. Always blueberry. The single most delicious type of pie in all the cosmos. Kingdoms have fallen in the fighting over the glory of blueberry pie.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I believe in reincarnation and have for a very long time, so it's not that hard of an explanation for myself. But I do want to see what other people think. Is it reincarnation? Insanity? ...Pie?

So how does the reincarnation system work? What if the death rate of a species far outweights the birth rate? Do the "souls" wait patiently until more humans are born?

Or is their a heirarchical structure to reincarnation; E.g. you may come back as a worm or a fly depending on how you behaved in a past life? How would a God decide which animal is better? Is it right to classify animals in this way? (including ourselves)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

What if the death rate of a species far outweights the birth rate?
Can't say if it's correct but if it was, it would be a compelling argument against reincarnation, at least for me, that, there are more people alive today than all the combined people who have ever lived previously. So if you could have a scale with, on one side everyone currently alive, and on the other, everyone who has been alive but are not now. The living would outweigh the dead.

edit on 28-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Can't say if it's correct but if it was, it would be a compelling argument against reincarnation

I never said that was the case; this is purely hypothetical. The same would apply to extinction of the human species.

Your argument is very compelling; and i'd hope that my "hypothetical" would compliment it. Nicely put anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was raised catholic,but am not practicing any religon at this time.However re-incarnation has always sparked my interest.When I think of certain times in the past, it just feels like I was a part of it or I was there and living in that reality at some time, anyone else feel that sensation.Maybe it's just things like movies and books that present such a vivid description of those times they stick in my head, that is probably more likely the case.

I'm partial to pecan pie myself.
edit on 28-6-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

I'm not ruling anything out; and i'm not critising your instinct but......

Déjà vu

Some possible explanations for it; I'm not assuming you havn't heard of it; i just thought you may enjoy the detail.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes that thought crossed my mind as well,and there is a good possibilty that is exactly what I've felt.Heck I don't know I don't take it seriously or nothing,just something I've noticed at times.Personally do I really think I'm remembering possible past life's I've had, no I do not.But you never know, it's just something that tickles my imagination I guess.And thank you for the link with the extra detail.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I never said that was the case;. . .
I did not make it clear, probably, that I was talking about an argument I heard before, to be specific, a radio show about the topic.
It is related to your statement, which made me think of it.
In this episode of Coast to Coast, the guest claimed this as a fact, which is why I said "if" since I did not research it and I don't know how anyone could be precise on the numbers but it may be based on pretty good estimations.

edit on 28-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

When I think of certain times in the past, it just feels like I was a part of it. . .

In a way, or somehow, the past is not past where time does not apply.
Your spiritual self could be joining with other spiritual selves, who are not dead, in this certain plane of existence.
That's how I think of it, anyway.
I feel serious connections to places and things that I could explain by imagining that an ancestor I know in this mystical way, was there and lived with those things. I don't really think it was me, but that there is a transference of memories between people, just in not the physical sort of way.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wow very well said, I feel the same way I suppose, just connections to places,people, or events from the past. However I am aware of the possibilty that seeing or have knowledege of these occurences i.e. books television etc. that my own subconciouss may be playing mind tricks on me.However I don't believe that anything is out of the realm of possibility,so it does spark my imagination and is neat to ponder.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

In a way, or somehow, the past is not past where time does not apply.
Your spiritual self could be joining with other spiritual selves, who are not dead, in this certain plane of existence.
That's how I think of it, anyway.

That's very interesting; perhaps it ties in with the "Multiverse theorem" scientists are discussing...( a universe exists for every possible outcome) so perhaps this "de ja vu" could be explained by some sort of connection to all theses prolifterating possibilities. Perhaps re-incarnation isn't such an insane possibility if we consider infinity.

Ever since witnessing the mandelbrot set and learning the fibonacci sequence i've discovered a sense of unlimited potential to reality;

The fibonacci sequence can be compared to nature in very profound ways, perhaps infinity is the essense of reality:-

Fibonacci number

Sorry if this was a bit "wish-washy" or off-topic.

Peace.
edit on 28-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join