It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the eyes of an atheist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Nice wall of text too bad no one cares

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

I only stated that metaphysics and philosophy is a good resource for ignorant atheists that borderlines God. That's what I meant.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

''nice wall of text, too bad nobody cares'

....summary of the bible by any person in the world if they had never seen or heard of it before
edit on 28-6-2011 by RickyVelveeta because: not reply to above post

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
Nice wall of text too bad no one cares

Everyone in the world must have combined into one and you were born right? Thanks, Everyone for your input.
edit on 28-6-2011 by kurifuri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

How are atheist ignorant? Poll after poll have shown the opposite.

link   
reply to post by Warpthal

so what about non ignorant atheists?? there's plenty of us, and our understanding of metaphysics and philosophy is perfectly fine; thanks very much.

link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by BrnBdry

Explain to me, when you dream, can you distinguish if its real or not? Take a look around you. What is dreaming then? No relevant references please.

See, I said they answer any questioning with question. I will answer your question with a short true story.

I was always told that we dont dream in color. And that had been on my mind for everyday for about a week while i was 16 years old. So everynight befor be, i tried to enduce myself dreaming about color by constantly thinking about it prior to falling asleep. (I do this all the time now about things i wanna dream about. I have about a %30 success rate of my requested dreams fufilled) So one night in my dream while walking down a wet street at night, I stopped my dream, and asked myself while still dreaming, "what color shirt are you wearing". Me in my dream looked at my shirt, and I replied to my dreaming self, "red". So you, if you want to know if you are dreaming while you are dreaming, you can. or at least I can. then again, I'm not weak minded either.

Jus sayin....
edit on 28-6-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Lets use a different name for ourselves other than atheist. How about, 'Non-fools'? Cause its true.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurifuri

Lets use a different name fro ourselves than atheist. How about, 'Non-fools'? Cause its true.

You're actually not really helping the cause bro.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by BrnBdry

Explain to me, when you dream, can you distinguish if its real or not? Take a look around you. What is dreaming then? No relevant references please.

See, I said they answer any questioning with question. I will answer your question with a short true story.

I was always told that we dont dream in color. And that had been on my mind for everyday for about a week while i was 16 years old. So everynight befor be, i tried to enduce myself dreaming about color by constantly thinking about it prior to falling asleep. (I do this all the time now about things i wanna dream about. I have about a %30 success rate of my requested dreams fufilled) So one night in my dream while walking down a wet street at night, I stopped my dream, and asked myself while still dreaming, "what color shirt are you wearing". Me in my dream looked at my shirt, and I replied to my dreaming self, "red". So you, if you want to know if you are dreaming while you are dreaming, you can. or at least I can. then again, I'm not weak minded either.

Jus sayin....
edit on 28-6-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

Every one of my dreams i can tell i am dreaming. Its called lucid dreams.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kurifuri

i know, but it will never be understood so i try not to even discuss the subject unless i'm called out as being a 'narrow-minded ignorant atheist'

here's some comedy to lighten things up a little. adult language disclaimer:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Originally posted by kurifuri

Lets use a different name fro ourselves than atheist. How about, 'Non-fools'? Cause its true.

You're actually not really helping the cause bro.

fro? What does that even mean? I type in rapid succession so its really understandable that a spelling mistake would pop up. Especially since I'm in the dark at the moment. Better get ready for an attack on my mistake by people who cant find anything with merit to attack. Though i think they are better about this on ATS. At fox news expect tons of people to criticize a misplaced letter.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I agree with op. though i wouldn't go as far as "Christians are stupid" its just an personal opinion, and i don't think attacking them will change there beliefs. Though i myself believe the idea of a "god" is ridiculous but like i said its a opinion cannot be proven or dis-proven..

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Then don't say the part "under God". The pledge isn't about forcing kids to believe in God, it is about establishing national pride and a respect for the freedom and liberty that the flag stands for. Our country was founded in conjunction with Judeo-Christian beliefs, which is why "in God we trust" and "under God" are very popular slogans. An overwhelming majority of Americans believe in God, so get used to it. You have the right to be an arrogant and smarmy atheist, and I support that right.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Intuitive comment, but the main comment was, what is reality? Nobody knows.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Likin it.

Here's some more comedy and insight into the philosophy of an atheist:-

Pascal's Wager

Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher, mathematician, and physicist Blaise Pascal that even if the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a rational person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. Pascal formulated his suggestion uniquely on the God of Jesus Christ as implied by the greater context of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics

Compare that to the Atheist's Wager

The Atheist's Wager is an atheistic response to Blaise Pascal's Wager. While Pascal suggested that it is better to take the chance of believing in a god that might not exist rather than to risk losing infinite happiness by disbelieving in a god that does, the Atheist's Wager suggests that:

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

Which is the more honest?
Which is the more courageous?

Of course, the Atheist's wager assumes that the (hypothetical) deity would be benevolent.

Peace

edit on 28-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join