It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Angel Hair" portrayed in Japanese TV series, circa 1974

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was just enjoying the first episode of Japanese super hero show, Kamen Rider Amazon, when I was surprised to see the following portrayal of "angel hair," obviously inspired by real-world reports of the supposedly UFO-related phenomenon:

It's always interesting when the entertainment industry borrows concepts that originated in the UFO research community, and I figure this is one example most of you probably aren't familiar with.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I ran this by Japanese sci-fi expert August Ragone, and he wrote, "This has nothing to do with UFOs; this is taken out of context from the premiere episode of KAMEN RIDER AMAZON; it's a spider's web — the monster-of-the-week is a giant, mutant manspider."

Oh well.

Still, the way the stuff disappeared when they tried to sample it, that seemed quite reminiscent of what actually happens when you try to collect angel hair.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
well, I guess so... but you didn't actually expect them to admit that they did. they love to cover up anything with the most half- witted, dense and absurd answers... its even sad but nice try asking though.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
you know i usually don't find myself in the alien or ufo forums, i was wondering what your take on 'angel hair' was and it's relation to the UFO phenomena..

yes, i do have a computer
i see what google shows me on the subject, but also some ats opinions could add

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well my dad's actually seen this angel hair stuff near his home. He lives in a fairly rural area in Northern California. Whatever the substance is, it has resisted his efforts to obtain and preserve a sample.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlover
well, I guess so... but you didn't actually expect them to admit that they did. they love to cover up anything with the most half- witted, dense and absurd answers... its even sad but nice try asking though.

Mr. Ragone was not trying to cover anything up. There's probably nobody in this world who knows more about Japanese science fiction shows than August Ragone, and his statement was demonstrably factual. I watched the rest of the episode, and it does, in fact, feature a spider creature.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starlover

Originally posted by starlover

Why is it that a giant spider using it's web to trap prey is 'half-witted, dense and absurd' while Angel Hair falling from heavenly UFO's is completely plausible?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ok, ok, I watched the video and went through the post again. I apologize... that was jumping into what I didn't understand.

new topics

top topics

join