It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another NASA warning to it's employees in addition to internal memo from earlier this month...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have seen a post similar to this not too long ago it seems and when I first saw the video I was set and ready to panic. Then I thought logically about it and realized a couple of things. First I live in Colorado and these are things that I always have stocked up in case the weather gets bad. It's always good to be prepared to have to live without heat/cooling/electricity/water/ect.. and there is always the possibility that you may not have the ability to go out and get food or water so it is best to have at least a months supply of food and water. I say a month but, it is unlikely that weather conditions would keep us without typical comforts for more than a day or two.

It also made me realize that it could very well have more to do with the fact of it being hurricane season or any other number of reasons, but I think it is within our nature to panic and be reactionary creatures. If you live in a place where you get harsh weather, these are things that you ought to be stocked up for anyways.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Don't plan for emergencies and you're blamed for wasting taxpayer dollars, not doing your job, facilitating disasters, being part of "false flags", etc. Plan for emergencies and you "know something is coming and aren't telling the american people", planning "false flags" to come, etc.

Agencies like NASA just can't win on these boards can they? Its just like FEMA. They didn't plan enough for something like Katrina and look what happens they get all sorts of hate for it.. now when they are planning for various emergencies I see people here throw a fit claiming fema knows somethings coming or is planning a false flag etc. No matter what they do, either way, people will find a way to make it look bad and throw some conspiracy on it.

Lets face it, people here just want to make everything a conspiracy because they're bored, its pretty sad.
edit on 29-6-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
They are just sending out standard emergency preparedness warnings to THEIR staff!! Or NASA family as they call it.

I don't see anything here. Except paranoia by some individuals stating there "is" something going on here.

its those paranoid people who state there is something going on that will probably survive...you..and the people starring your post probably wont.

eyes wide open dude

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
How sad...

A video with VALUABLE advise everyone here should understand is promoted as some type of "off world survival" film. Stop analyzing the words and start listening to them.

Want to "do something"?

Start by putting together a BUG OUT BAG and if you are too lazy to do it yourself these fine people will do it for you:

beprepared.com...

............... Be Prepared .............

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Why nobody mentions that 2012 is coming

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
Why nobody mentions that 2012 is coming

Why? Anything special about that year?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Being prepared is just smart. Look at the fire in Los Alamos that is forcing people to evacuate. I prefer to be able to be on my own then dependent on some shelter

Just don't come looking me up... I ain't sharing
Your on your own
edit on 28-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

You know it is not always possible for everyone to be prepared the way most people on ATS claim to be. I have a very young family of 4 kids, and have to work full-time to pay my bills and taxes.
Preparing the way one should is very time consuming and not exactly cheap either.

Personally I would rather spend the time I am not away from my kids by enjoying their company instead of preparing for something that may or may not ever happen.
in fact, all this negative thought processes that go through so very many people in regards to 'end times'.....well that effect on humanities group consciousness will propably bring on the end....

And it is nice to see that if the sh*t indeed hits the fan, and humanity stands at its darkest hour, that alot of prepared folk here on ATS wont even share and help out a fellow man......seems then that after all mankind will still be a shmuck.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
what is worse is that we have lost our sense of community, and when and if the SHTF we will all need each others skill sets, muscles, and good will

this is where tptb have succeeded in my mind, isolating us into individuals who dont give a stuff about our neighbour, dependant on their microwave tech, and addicted to the modern electric amusements

we can change, so why don't we?

Totally agree with the first paragraph, I fear if it happens what's left will be useless.....we wont learn a thing from our current mistakes.

TPTB haven't done this to u with tech etc, we chose the path, became selfish.
and the reason why most wont change.....ego

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i know someone at NASA, and i made a thread about it. they said NASA is worried about comet elenin. i emailed them to get more info, and they said "i've never heard of comet elenin" and gave me a link to a NASA site that said elenin was nothing to worry about.

take that as you will, cuz its all i know.

I agree my dad worked for apollo 8 2nd stage rocket boosters. I showed him information about the comet he told me that it was too small to make any damage.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
My friends who work for NASA or the space find it funny how you people on here are freaking out. They said these are normal memos they put out just like other companies. It's hurricane season here for heavens sake! Everyone sends out preparation memos not just NASA!

EXACTLY!! I lived for a long time in tropical areas of Queensland in Australia, prone to cyclones, and these memos and warnings in the summer time are so common place they are plastered all over the TV and radio and print media.
normal behaviour....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Highlander64
let's face it, thanks to the last century of modernisation that puts us in total dependance on technology; as a society in general we have lost some very important abilities; which include (not exhaustive by any means)

how to prepare an animal for food

Check
...presenting me the Roast Pig... caught and killed for the wedding feast at a farm in California

how to weave

Check
... my wife making a scarf with out guild Tartan. The loom was hand made and donated when the gentlemen died. His wife wanted it to go to someone who could use it

how to prepare food without electricity

Check
... Our specialty... we have done feasts of five full courses for 80 people... all roughing it

And brewing as well... can't live without that
The monks are our brew masters. Jerry is paraplegic in a wheelchair from a car accident but his nurse joined right in. Jerry is a master brewer despite his challenges

having the implements and equipment to survive without power - including wood stoves (and wood)

Check
... our mobile home comes with all the conveniences of home... kitchen shower carpets and even candle chandeliers... accomodations for 50 comfortably... more in a pinch in the bunk house

having a horse, or for big bucks, a cart to tow behind it (I have a few horseys)

Ach laddie... a true Highlander
Check on the Horseys

But you forgot the most important thing... self defense

It is most well to have an army at the ready

My fencing instructors...

Its true what they say... "Tis GOOD to be King"

And yawl thought it was just an avatar

I am starting up the Guild again anyone wanna sign up

edit on 28-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

AH HA! Now I can locate THE ZORG!

Sunset Park... when's the next festival Zorg? Sign me up... My wife and I will be looking for the loom!
PM Me!

The basics: ATS really needs to get a grip on reality, which most of us have. Some of us however haven't. Here's some sage advice:

OK World, I Think The Point Is: Be Prepared, Everyone Has Told You To

Archives, out!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

OK, I try to keep a level head about various topics, which means I don't believe everything I hear or read, and you could easily argue that NASA is simply encouraging it's employees to be prepared for hurricane season or whatever. But, I do find this NASA video interesting for these reasons: during the entire video NOT ONE WORD is mentioned about hurricanes! Also, I happen to live in North Carolina. North Carolina which has the 2nd highest number of hurricanes of any state, 2nd only to Florida, so I know a little about what I,m talking about here. When we "prepare" for hurricane season, we don't "close vents", "turn off fans", etc. like it tells you in this video. Maybe I missed something so someone please correct me if I,m wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

I live and work in Illinois.

Every year my company does tornado preparedness classes.

My company also does evacuation drills.

I've seen posters to have escapes routes at home in case of fire.

Is something going to "go down" or is this just normal hmmm...

I am amazed at all the freaking out that occurs on this site sometimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I really really really have no idea why everyone is freaking out about this. I used to live in the tropics and we got stuff like this on TV all the time, stay away from windows, have 7 days of food, etc. Companies do it, the gov does it, it's on tv too!! Seems pretty standard for a corporation in areas with lots of weather things.
Also someone said NASA employ's are too smart for this... Just because you can do some math, or are an expert in one field, doesn't mean you are a genies in every area, or even think about things like this! In every disaster people, smart and dumb, are caught unprepared, it's all pretty standard...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

NASA probably does think some of their employees are so dumb they need this PSA. They probably realize that there is often a huge gulf between book smarts and common sense. I am sure another reason that they put out these PSAs is as a reminder to folks. Some very smart people get caught up in whatever they are working on and tend to shut a lot of other things out of their mind until someone points it out to them.
edit on 6/28/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Spellin

What she said... I work with a former NASA rocket scientist, and while he is a very smart guy, when it comes to street smarts/common sense/DIY he is pretty much lost... I also work with quite a few engineers and PhD's - Again, more of the same, very book smart but many still have a problem with righty-tighty-lefty-loosey, couldn't change the oil in their car, and would consider it a major achievement to change a tire on their car - but it would probably take a couple of hours, and that's only if the manual was in the glovebox. Take them out of their normal environment/role and have them turn a wrench it becomes a bit amusing, but if SHTF, most of them would be screwed and the first ones to die if someone wasn't there to hold their hand...

To the person who says they don't want to spare the time/money to prepare because you would rather spend it with your kids - nobody says you have to spend all your free time and drop a huge chuck of cash on a ready to go survival kit... Take an hour or two a week to prepare and $20 a month. Start small. Get a water supply; it's something you already use and something we cannot live very long without. I got a water cooler and a couple of 5 gallon bottles. When one went empty, I filled it right up so I always had 5-10 gallons on hand. Then a few months later I got a couple of 5 gallon totes with a spigot ($6 each and $1.50 to fill with filtered water). As I use a bottle or tote, I rotate in the next full one and refill the empties. Now I've got a few weeks worth of water for less than a $75 investment including the water cooler - go cheap and just get a 2 gallon tote to keep in the fridge and few of the bigger ones for storage. There's your $20 for one month.

See a sale on canned food? Stock up on a few extra cans every time you go to the store. Even better if it doesn't need heat or a lot of preparation before eating. Get things you already use and just rotate them. At one point I had about 40 cans of tuna, but then I got lazy and now I'm down to 5 or 6. After I move next month I plan to start stocking up again. Just picked up a couple of 50lb bags of dog food at Costco with a $10 off coupon for each - can't forget about Samson(my avatar), I know he would defend us with his life it it came down to it. And when it's cold, he likes to snuggle up.

So over the course of a few months I acquired the necessities - food and water for a few weeks without taking a big hit to my budget. Then I found a broken Ruger 10-22 rifle for $50. I knew this was one of the most popular .22 rifles so finding parts shouldn't be a problem. Took my time and found out that it had a few parts missing from the trigger pack. I could have ordered just the missing parts, but I found a brand new complete trigger pack for $35, and at the same time found a brand new unused barrel and stock (The original was a bit dinged up...) for another $20. So for a little over $100 I have a pretty much brand new rifle that normally would cost $180 - $200. It took me less than 5 minutes to assemble all the parts. And ammo is dirt cheap as well ($15 for 500 rounds) so it doesn't cost a fortune to practice. Not going to be taking down any big game, but it is better than nothing.

Spend the time learning skills you don't already have and teach them to your children - take them camping. Then you are spending time with them and helping them to become more self sufficient and capable. What if something happened to you and they were all alone? Would they be able to start a fire for warmth? I'd say that you are doing them a disservice if you didn't teach them some basic survival skills...

Now whether or not this NASA PSA is based on some inside knowledge, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully it is nothing, but I for one will not stop my preparations... Just found a great deal on an H&K rifle in .223 and a CETME. I think I'm good on guns for now, just need to stock up on ammo for the new additions.

edit on 29-6-2011 by CommandoJoe because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Originally posted by TheButcher23
They are just sending out standard emergency preparedness warnings to THEIR staff!! Or NASA family as they call it.

I don't see anything here. Except paranoia by some individuals stating there "is" something going on here.

Ah no! A rational argument! People can't handle rationality!

I agree.. Everyone needs to remember that the majority of NASA's employees are in areas that are hit by Hurricanes almost every year; Houston, TX. and Cape Canaveral, FLA.

NASA does "know something". What they know is that Hurricane season is here and people need to be prepared for the worst....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by informedRN

OK, I try to keep a level head about various topics, which means I don't believe everything I hear or read, and you could easily argue that NASA is simply encouraging it's employees to be prepared for hurricane season or whatever. But, I do find this NASA video interesting for these reasons: during the entire video NOT ONE WORD is mentioned about hurricanes! Also, I happen to live in North Carolina. North Carolina which has the 2nd highest number of hurricanes of any state, 2nd only to Florida, so I know a little about what I,m talking about here. When we "prepare" for hurricane season, we don't "close vents", "turn off fans", etc. like it tells you in this video. Maybe I missed something so someone please correct me if I,m wrong.

No, you are right on target...

Some here have speculated that this refers to nuclear fallout...

Another scenario this would suggest is VOLCANIC fallout... AKA a Yellowstone - class eruption!

Prepare for anything - even for glass ash that will kill you almost instantly if breathed in...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Sound Advice. Samson looks like a great friend... My Blue Nose Pitbull is by far my good buddy, but takes a back seat to my wife heh...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Now folks, you know how much your government really cares about YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

They should have had this video on public TV for all of us............notice they didn't?

Why?

Because only certain people rate in their book.

I have e-mailed Obama / The White House weeks ago that we as a nation should have a public disaster program broadcasted on TV to no avail...............no, he could give a &hit, he, Michelle and their little darlings, along with the Bush's and Clinton's have their 300ft deep bunkers, to hell with the rest of you.

Read the Georgia Guidestones.

This site: www.in5d.com... says that come 2012 there will be a total shift and that there is the possibility that our entire planet, will split - two Earths. One will shift and disappear, go into 5d, the other one will be "left behind" as the regular Earth we currently know with war, hatred, famine, poverty, pollution.

It is said that love is the answer, everything else is an illusion.

You by your vision create your reality.

Unconditional love of all, being 51% of Service to others = ascension.

Hate and 49% of Service to self = being stuck here.

That is why the Myans calendar ends in Dec 2012 because right around that time, maybe not on the exact day, but around that time the shift will have been completed.

Days, weeks, months seem to go by faster and faster, our planet's axis has just recently shifted almost half a foot or more alone.

The planet herself, (possibily) a living conscious being, is going through very drastic changes we can all feel.

I'm not saying one way or the other, frankly - I'm in the dark as much as the rest of you.

I'm simply bringing to this thread as much gathered information that I hope you all will find helpful.

Liars, misguided souls, the gullible abound, so who is to really say?

I do know, I'm trying to get my act together, on a personal level, I'm trying to feel and project more love and more positive energy because if there is a "rapture" or "ascension" I don't want to remain on a planet that is ruled by the Bush's, Clinton's, Obama's, BP Oil, The fossil fuel companies, coupled with people who are cruel, selfish, self-centered, apathetic and a world that is run by the psychopatic greedy morons that are currently calling the shots.

Something major is happening............most of us can feel it.

No, I don't think the world will end 2012................I do think that we are coming to the end of a cycle, a major, unpresidented cycle where possibly (there again I use that word because this is all speculative, I don't propose to know for sure) that there may be some kind of dimensional shift.............the Bible calls it, "the rapture'.

Again, I know this is a long long video - so copy it, down load it and watch it at your leasure, maybe just 5-10 minutes at a time..............I found Dolores Cannon's books I use to think were and her 22:00 in the movie - you've got to get rid of your negativity, your negative karma, your me, me, me................you must love, you must forgive, you must let the bad "stuff" the "excess luggage" go, you must leave it all behind or it will weigh you down into the shadowy murky waters of "the old earth".

The other, new earth, will go into a higher dimension...............again I say possibly, because, at this point all we have are theories.

I can only give the reader of this post, my own experiences.

Again, on a personal level, I was given a grand opportunity, what seemed like a job loss (outsourced to India) has now become a time of reflection, a time for soul searching as to who I really am, and what my purpose here is).

For me, the days literally are flying by..................hours are like minutes, weeks are like days, faster and faster. I lay down to sleep and seemingly only minutes later and it's morning.

Yes the NSA knows something is up, all the heads of power know something is up.

If our planet splits and a new earth emerges and ascends, I want to be on that one and not left on this current one because I don't think it's going to be a fun ride.

Watch the movie if you can, try and watch it straight through, take some of whatever you feel, feels right and leave the rest.............but my intention is to be helpful and kind.

MOVIE DESCRIPTION:

Upgrade to Flash Player 10 for improved playback performance. Upgrade Now or More Info. close
1,721,379 Like Add toShare Loading...
Uploaded by in5d on Aug 4, 2010

FROM in5d: www.in5d.com... UPDATED DAILY! and www.maya12-21-2012.com...

Part I -- THE HISTORY BEHIND 2012 -- How time changes consciousness, rare 26,000 yr occurrences, how the RCC ties into 2012, 11:11, solar maximum, 2011 vs 2012, acceleration of creation, the numbers behind 2012, time speeding up, transformation of consciousness, corruption of Gregorian calendar, other 2012 end dates, the New Earth, world chakras, time travelers and 2012, Schumann resonance, alchemy and our solar system, climate change, the photon belt, the I Ching, Mayan astrology, Galactic Alignment, Mayan obsession over time, the cycles of time, the end of a world age,timewave zero
Part 2 -- THE MAYAN CALENDAR EXPLAINED -- Ian Lungold thoroughly explains the levels of creation in the Mayan calendar
Part 3 -- CROP CIRCLES AND 2012 -- Daniel Pinchbeck, David Wilcock, Geoff Stray and Gregg Braden talk about crop circles and 2012
Part 4 -- FEAR AND 2012 -- The roots of terrorism, 911, social engineering, how the few control the many, Illuminati, RFID chips, love, fear and spirituality, vaccinations, aspartame, fluoride, GMO's and Monsanto, government propaganda, mind control, TV mind manipulation, ET help from above, neocons, fear mongering, consciousness and fear, Freemasons, ordo abchao (order out of chaos), 33 longitude and latitude, reduction of stress, the mind and illnesses, the gift of fear, fear and love vibrations,
Part 5 -- DNA UPGRADE? -- the DNA of love and fear, activation of DNA, phantom DNA effect, emotions and DNA, Fibonacci sequence, DNA upgrade, gratitude and DNA
Part 6 -- SPIRITUALITY AND 2012 -- negative prophecies will not occur, synchronicities and 2012, metaphysical phenomena, consciousness shapes reality, left brained versus right brained thinking, suppression of the feminine, spiritual transition of the psyche, seeking inner truth, repression of emotions, intention, how some people may get left behind, the Mandelbrot sequence, thoughts = manifestations, harmonic unity, the miracle of YOU, centering yourself spiritually, torsion fields and consciousness, the power of meditation, opening a channel to your higher self, following your intuition, the power of light, now is the time to expand your consciousness, time travel, expanded consciousness, listening to your heart, the end of a 26,000 year opportunity, research tools, the bottom line

The opening song is available as a free download on both websites. You'll also find free meditation tools on both of these websites as well. Enjoy!

Source: www.youtube.com...

A lot of good speakers, I found this interesting.

Now concentrate on love, light and being able to forgive and leave your negativity behind because there is a possibility.............(there's that word again
) that your vision is your reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Looks like a lot of fun!!!!

I would have worn my clan colors..............Monroe.

Am learning how to darn and knit.

Working a loom sounds exciting............very useful talent.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join