It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another NASA warning to it's employees in addition to internal memo from earlier this month...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So these prepardness videos are just for your normal everyday disasters?

I'll mention these statements again in the 2nd video:

- Bring family & pets inside
- Lock doors, windows, vents
- Turn off fans, AC, heating
- Have plenty of batteries & flashlights
- Go into an interior room, away from windows
- Be prepaired is mention like eleventy billion times....geez

If you work for NASA, you shouldn't need these videos. It should be common sense, assuming that most are of high intelligence that work there. Secondly, does anyone have examples of this happening in previous years? Because I've been monitoring NASA for years and have never run across videos of this nature before.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Right now Comet Elenin is 100,000 kilometers across. That's 62,137 miles across for the non-kilometer folk.

Elenin's coma is 100,000km across, not the actual comet. Imagine someone with a really huge afro, the core would be the head, the coma would be the hair.

The diameter of Earth is only 7,900 miles.

The diameter of Elenin's core is allegedly 4km, significantly smaller than earth.

Comet Elenin will GROW once it gets closer to the sun.

The coma might, its tail might.

Elenin is not going to be a problem.

st.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
how do you join here in the land of oz.....

If you are in Australia or New Zealand you reside in the Kingdom of Lochac.

Comprising Australia, New Zealand and their Antarctic territories, the Kingdom is a regional branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), an international non-profit educational organisation that is dedicated to the research and recreation of pre-17th century European History, with a particular focus on its practical applications in arts and sciences, including costuming, cooking, martial arts, dance, calligraphy and illumination, metalwork, archery and music (to name but a few!).

Seems they too use Pegasus as their symbol

Your current King and Queen..

Long Live Gabriel and Constanzia King and Queen of Lochac!!

Home site
sca.org.au...

International site
sca.org...

An interesting side note... in the Kingdome of Atlantia there was one Barony that was rather unique. Why? because the Barony was on a ship....

Another Atlantian shire which had no actual land of its own was Curragh Mor (“great boat” in Gaelic). It was located on the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz. This fit in the SCA rules since the carrier had its own zip code.

historian.atlantia.sca.org...

September XXVII/1992

During September Crown AS XXVII, King Darious Corvinus and Queen Jacyntha Elizabeth Argentarius recognized and formally introduced our vessel Curragh Mor in front of the Kingdom’s populace. The Incipient Port of Curragh Mor (Galic for Great Ship) was the USS Nimitz CVN 68 station at Naval Station Bremerton. Curragh Mor was under the sponsorship of the then Shire of Dragon's Laire.

I have photos somewhere of the sword fighting on the flight deck. They even made a special notice. You did not need to salute and officer while in armor... Seems people were knocking themselves out

Point is its a great group for survival. Teach you all the skills and many members are armed forces etc. Last event I was at in Victorville Ca. the people I camped next to... turns out the camp lady set up conventions for DARPA and her three sons were NAVY stationed in San Diego... I usually get away from conspiracy stuff on those trips but dang.... I just had to pick their brains

edit on 28-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican
Those unprepared will be out in the street wandering like lost dogs looking for Big Brother who feed them,clothe them and shelter them.

Isn't that how it all started? The Kingdoms... then finally the bigger governments that took the power away from the small Kingdoms?

The sheep will ALWAYS need a shepherd... what we need is benevolent shepherds that follow a code of honor, not greed. A place where you can leave your wallet unattended and it will be there (or at lost and found) when you return

But every good shepherd still has to FLEECE the sheep from time to time

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Right now Comet Elenin is 100,000 kilometers across. That's 62,137 miles across for the non-kilometer folk.

Source:
"""As of 21 May 2011, the coma has exceeded 100,000 km"""

en.wikipedia.org...

Errr Incorrect IMO. JiMMcanney disagrees too. He's been right more then wrong on quite a few things:
www.jmccanneyscience.com... He doesn't like being quoted on other websites.
Read the "white section."

The Nasa emergency guide does sound like a hurricane warning,but instead of staying inside,away from windows,shouldn't it be:
You'll have enough warning,we've done this enough times in hurricane season,board up your windows and get the F out!" ????

Thanks for the pics Zorgon.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Pretty lame advice, really. If NASA's family follows it to the letter they won't live very long. It's OK for what it is, it's just that it's not much. Seven days? What happens on the 8th day? Seems to me this is the kind of thing you would do to prepare for a storm that was somewhat less devestating than Katrina. This is preparing for a nuisance power outage rather than a real SHTF scenario.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Doesn't NASA read weather maps? When have we NOT been warned when a biggy is coming?

I know I know,if you get stuck..THEN be prepared... Got it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

nasa is in texas and florida. big hurricane country. every grocery store in florida gives out emergency checklists and tracking maps the week of june 1st. there would be no excuse for calling in to work because a storm is coming and your not prepared.... or, an alien invasion is following a planet destroying asteroid.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

nasa is in texas and florida. big hurricane country. every grocery store in florida gives out emergency checklists and tracking maps the week of june 1st. there would be no excuse for calling in to work because a storm is coming and your not prepared.... or, an alien invasion is following a planet destroying asteroid.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just call it a "feeling," but this really seems like they do know something is coming. Especially with all the talk about the incoming asteroid/comet, 2012, and the earthquakes that seem to be ramping up.

I've been on ATS for a long time. I've read all the doomsday threads, etc. BUT, for some reason something seems different now. Wish I could explain better, but everything seems to be fitting together for some sort of impending disaster. Connect the dots. If it looks like a skunk, and smells like a skunk. . . . you know the rest.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Aye, I see your plan is as great mine!
Wish you were closer so we could all get together

Well met
One of my dearest members vanished years ago. We lost touch with her and did not know why. Well just this week I find a letter from her and we find that both her parents had died in a car crash and she just shut herself up. I now find she is alive and well and married in Ireland. Also out equestrian mistress left and just today I find mail from her...

This is an omen
Time for me to reestablish the website for the Guild so those all around the world can stay connected. One of the biggest issues on the internet is that we usually only have avatar names. So if someone gets in trouble, we don't even have a way to check on them.

This happened with one of our dancers years ago. She worked for the post office and was one of those that got an anthrax letter... She was so sick she didn't want anyone to see her like that but all we had was her first name Tara and her dance name Annissa...

Hard to support people if you cannot reach them in times of need

She is better now and back to dancing

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Invariance
Aye, I see your plan is as great mine!
Wish you were closer so we could all get together

Well met
One of my dearest members vanished years ago. We lost touch with her and did not know why. Well just this week I find a letter from her and we find that both her parents had died in a car crash and she just shut herself up. I now find she is alive and well and married in Ireland. Also out equestrian mistress left and just today I find mail from her...

This is an omen
Time for me to reestablish the website for the Guild so those all around the world can stay connected. One of the biggest issues on the internet is that we usually only have avatar names. So if someone gets in trouble, we don't even have a way to check on them.

This happened with one of our dancers years ago. She worked for the post office and was one of those that got an anthrax letter... She was so sick she didn't want anyone to see her like that but all we had was her first name Tara and her dance name Annissa...

Hard to support people if you cannot reach them in times of need

She is better now and back to dancing.

You crack me up Zorgon.

Good for her, seriously. But me thinks she should give up the whole belly dancing thing.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Source:
"""As of 21 May 2011, the coma has exceeded 100,000 km"""
en.wikipedia.org...

No your own link say the COMA is 100,000 km You DO realize that the coma is only very thin gas don't you? Comet 17PHolmes got bigger than the sun. It was spectacular but didn't do anything but give us a great show

Comet Neat2003(2001)

That one was claimed to be Nibiru by Nassim Harramein
It was twice the size of Jupiter
and it was a secret no info given out by the PTB

Well yeah if you were looking for Nibiru... but if you look for comet Neat2003 all sorts of data

I can only watch the first few minutes before
Enjoy

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

NASA definitely know's something that us common Earth dwellers are being hidden from. I took this extract from the previous thread that covered the initial NASA staff warning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA's mission are its people and their loved ones. The agency has developed a set of informational guides designed to prepare you, your families and pets for emergencies. These guides will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to develop your Family Preparedness Plan.

The part of this that interests me most is the bit where it talks of the successful completion of NASA's mission. I would like to know what this mission and why upon completion of it do NASA's employees need to prepare for what to me sounds like a disaster of some sort.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I hope this isn't construed as off topic, but there is a Catholic Prophecy which indicates that (at some unknown time) there will be three days of darkness. During this time it is said that no man made light source will work (possible exception for blessed candles). What I find interesting is that the survival tips fro mthe prophecy are quite similar
Inside
Away from doors and windows
Specifically says to not even LOOK outside
and, since it's Catholic, pray the Rosary!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

NASA probably does think some of their employees are so dumb they need this PSA. They probably realize that there is often a huge gulf between book smarts and common sense. I am sure another reason that they put out these PSAs is as a reminder to folks. Some very smart people get caught up in whatever they are working on and tend to shut a lot of other things out of their mind until someone points it out to them.
edit on 6/28/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Spellin

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

NASA probably does think some of their employees are so dumb they need this PSA. They probably realize that there is often a huge gulf between book smarts and common sense.

Not really a question of being dumb... just that society has made us complacent and apathetic. Back in my school days they taught us that when the water on the beach recedes suddenly... RUN don't pick up the pretty sea shells.

Look at the Nuke crisis in Japan... the owners and experts have no idea what to do though they all have degrees. They never expected the worst and now are clueless

NASA 'may' have rocket scientists but most employees at NASA are just common folks that don't think to much about worst case scenarios

As to those scientists... well here is a group of em when something went wrong on a probe...

"Lost in Space" pops to mind

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

The fly away part has a funny title, don't you think? Maybe it's really that, preparation to fly away somewhere, maybe to an underground base?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This may be redundant. NASA has facilities in Houston, TX, South Florida, Coastal Mississippi, and along the Southern Atlantic Coast. This time of year, ALL government agencies and most large corporations give out their emergency preparedness guides and make their emergency preparedness announcements. Hurricane Season started June 1, but it typically doesn't ramp up up until July, so you get plenty of Emergency Prep pep talks and booklets, etc this time of year. Also, you have to give your mobile emergency contact numbers and get a list of everyone else's.
I'm not saying that nothing is going to happen, but given the location of most NASA facilities and the fact that it is early Hurricane Season, this is probably nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That gas mask has me pretty worried, by the sound of the video they say -stay away from the windows, tape up the doors and, etc.., etc..? Sounds like a chemical attack, do not go outside, or, sounds like we're going to face some type of zombie strain.

But why have a half tank full of gas if they don't want you to go outside? or, Why tape yourself inside and lock the doors?

This video sound contradicting. Don't go outside, but if you do meet some where, where you have already discussed a meet place, call your contact? or then lock yourself up, tape yourself in, and shield yourself from the world? Drive in different directions to the meet place.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join