It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another NASA warning to it's employees in addition to internal memo from earlier this month...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
But FEMA do the same thing about 6 times a year. In fact 5 times a year to THEIR staff!!

maybe... but let me ask YOU are YOU prepared? Do you have at least a bug out bag?

Me I can support family and a few friends for a year on supplies. Power goes out I can light up my place and firewood galore for heat. So now I can relax and watch everyone else squirm when anything happens

I do need to upgrade my trailer though, for my mobile tent city, in case I need to leave the nest

Being prepared is just smart. Look at the fire in Los Alamos that is forcing people to evacuate. I prefer to be able to be on my own then dependent on some shelter.

If you look around the disasters in the world these days, something is up, even if just an increase in natural events.

Just don't come looking me up... I ain't sharing
Your on your own
edit on 28-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Since its going to be a global phenomenon what actions are being taken by other powers like China, Russia if it is real?
I am from India and should I be asking ISRO to get some facts about this?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Or....maybe there is no conspiracy at all. Maybe the government is finally coming around and telling us to do things we should already know to be doing as it is. They probably see that the public is asleep at the wheel and has not taken note of the last several natural disasters and learned from them. Up until 60 years ago, having at least a basic food supply on hand was common sense, well, up until the walmarts came around.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Intel:

Each employee is asked to go through a four-step process for personal preparedness.
Assess – Discover local risks and potential consequences.
Prepare – Develop a Personal Readiness and Emergency Plan (PREP) that includes preparedness at work, home and car.
Practice – Practice and perfect the plan.
Respond – Implement the PREP in a time of emergency.

www.intel.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
I am from India and should I be asking ISRO to get some facts about this?

Good idea
Maybe they are more forthcoming with info

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
let's face it, thanks to the last century of modernisation that puts us in total dependance on technology; as a society in general we have lost some very important abilities; which include (not exhaustive by any means)

how to prepare an animal for food
how to weave
how to prepare food without electricity
having the implements and equipment to survive without power - including wood stoves (and wood)
having a horse, or for big bucks, a cart to tow behind it (I have a few horseys)
having a water tank to store rainwater
having a vege patch
preserving/dehydrating food
basic home remedies

and the list goes on

what is worse is that we have lost our sense of community, and when and if the SHTF we will all need each others skill sets, muscles, and good will

this is where tptb have succeeded in my mind, isolating us into individuals who dont give a stuff about our neighbour, dependant on their microwave tech, and addicted to the modern electric amusements

we can change, so why don't we?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
let's face it, thanks to the last century of modernisation that puts us in total dependance on technology; as a society in general we have lost some very important abilities; which include (not exhaustive by any means)

Check
...presenting me the Roast Pig... caught and killed for the wedding feast at a farm in California

how to weave

Check
... my wife making a scarf with out guild Tartan. The loom was hand made and donated when the gentlemen died. His wife wanted it to go to someone who could use it

Check
... Our specialty... we have done feasts of five full courses for 80 people... all roughing it

And brewing as well... can't live without that
The monks are our brew masters. Jerry is paraplegic in a wheelchair from a car accident but his nurse joined right in. Jerry is a master brewer despite his challenges

having the implements and equipment to survive without power - including wood stoves (and wood)

Check
... our mobile home comes with all the conveniences of home... kitchen shower carpets and even candle chandeliers... accomodations for 50 comfortably... more in a pinch in the bunk house

having a horse, or for big bucks, a cart to tow behind it (I have a few horseys)

Ach laddie... a true Highlander
Check on the Horseys

But you forgot the most important thing... self defense

It is most well to have an army at the ready

My fencing instructors...

Its true what they say... "Tis GOOD to be King"

And yawl thought it was just an avatar

I am starting up the Guild again anyone wanna sign up

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great Pics!

You and your clan are probably better prepared for what ever is going to happen and the average Joe.

Didn't even notice the one chap was in a chair until you commented on it.

Of course NASA and all the other agencies of he Fed and even state government are doing the best they can to inform people to be prepared.

Just the fact that the video is available to the public is a attempt to educate all those who just wander through life like chickens in a coop.

Those unprepared will be out in the street wandering like lost dogs looking for Big Brother who feed them,clothe them and shelter them.

But what if NO ONE comes to help?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If I join your guild, do I get a flying mount and access to the guild bank?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
If I join your guild, do I get a flying mount and access to the guild bank?

Well if you think you can ride Pegasus... good luck to ya
but there is no bank, only barter though some merchants do prefer the gold

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

absolute gold my friend

yes I didnt touch on defense, we are working on 60lb compound bows to accessorise with our katanas, for hunting, and for keeping stray man apes off our lettuce

my fav mount is a freisian who i can ride in full metal armour

touche!

I like your club!!!

how do you join here in the land of oz.....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
My friends who work for NASA or the space find it funny how you people on here are freaking out. They said these are normal memos they put out just like other companies. It's hurricane season here for heavens sake! Everyone sends out preparation memos not just NASA!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

NASA has locations in Florida, South Texas and in Hampton Roads, Virginia, as well as on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. All of these places are subject to hurricanes. I would imagine that this is what this video is about, and not some secret comet that is going to hit the Earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Highlander64

Check
...presenting me the Roast Pig... caught and killed for the wedding feast at a farm in California

how to weave

Check
... my wife making a scarf with out guild Tartan. The loom was hand made and donated when the gentlemen died. His wife wanted it to go to someone who could use it

Check
... Our specialty... we have done feasts of five full courses for 80 people... all roughing it

And brewing as well... can't live without that
The monks are our brew masters. Jerry is paraplegic in a wheelchair from a car accident but his nurse joined right in. Jerry is a master brewer despite his challenges

Check
... our mobile home comes with all the conveniences of home... kitchen shower carpets and even candle chandeliers... accomodations for 50 comfortably... more in a pinch in the bunk house

Ach laddie... a true Highlander
Check on the Horseys

But you forgot the most important thing... self defense

It is most well to have an army at the ready

My fencing instructors...

Its true what they say... "Tis GOOD to be King"

And yawl thought it was just an avatar

I am starting up the Guild again anyone wanna sign up

Aye, I see your plan is as great mine!
Wish you were closer so we could all get together

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Right now Comet Elenin is 100,000 kilometers across. That's 62,137 miles across for the non-kilometer folk.

The diameter of Earth is only 7,900 miles.

Comet Elenin will GROW once it gets closer to the sun.

Source:
"""As of 21 May 2011, the coma has exceeded 100,000 km"""

en.wikipedia.org...

All of those dreams everyone has been having of asteroids raining down on Earth.....we'll guess what....it's fact.

Drink, spend, party liked it's your last year on Earth. Even if it barely misses Earth...this planet is passing through it's tail...and there's some big rocks in that tail.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I don't recall saying anything in my OP about a "secret comet".......

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I don't mean to sound rude, but I would strongly suggest you do a little research on what exactly a comet's coma is.

edit on 6/28/2011 by amaster because: off topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It is hurricane season and remember that Houston got hit very hard in 2008 by hurricane Ike. Some areas were without electricity for over 2 weeks.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
Paranoia isn't be the issue...
Does "Nasa" really think they have employees that are so dumb they need this "PSA"?
If so, best fire them and hire others more competent?

I'd be embarrassed if my employer thought I needed to hear something like this.

This is the US we are talking about, if you sneeze in the vicinity of someone you are likely to get sued!
In the event of something happening, if they didn't tell their staff to be prepared, someone would most likely sue them to make a quick buck.

st.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join