It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New old Crystal Skull discovered in Berlin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Source

Berlin/ Germany - Only a few days ago, photographer Bux Dean made an astonishing find at a flea market in the German capitol Berlin: If confirmed to be authentic this newly discovered crystal skull could once have been owned by the eminent German art historian and curator Arnold Wilhelm von Bode, one of the most influential figures for modern science museum curatorship.

"It was remarkable, but this skull was standing between antique objects and was without a box" its finder Bux Dean told the German paranormal and fringe science newsblog "grewi.de".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8359fcbc2ecb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/258a310b20da.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5522d32b1be1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c67f0ddadcb.jpg[/atsimg]

The "Bode-Skull" measured 7 x 12 x 7 cm and its shape obviously differs from that of a precise anatomical depiction of a human skull. Most obvious details are the low cheekbones, prominent brow ridges and elongated back of the head that can create a nearly Neanderthal-like idea when viewed from some perspectives. Another remarkable feature is the thin and strongly flattened (Neanderthal-unlike) lower jaw and an in the same way flattened lower side of the back of the head. Viewed from the side it is also obvious that the facial side of the skull is crafted nearly as one flat surface into which the eye-sockets and nasal-cavity were engraved. While some parts appear very smooth, others are crafted more rough just as the some sort of base that connects the lower jaw with the back of the head. Compared to some other historical crystal skulls that were made of nearly clear crystal this one shows a more foggy quality. However it is just this quality that - according to Bux Dean - creates very intensive and colourful light reflections within the skull (see: Images).

Now, I do realize there was a thread a while back about a skull being found in Germany, but, this is not the same skull.

I am not too sure how many of these damn crystal skulls are floating around but there do appear more than the normal 13 or so.

I just thought I would share this with all of you as this is an interesting story and the skull itself is quite cool. I has interesting eye sockets and a flat portion in front of the eye. Although they say in the article it appears as if it has been retouched and attempted to restore it.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
IMO, it looks completely fake.

I mean, the crystal itself looks fairly perfect. But all of the other skulls had at least relative likeness to a human skull. This almost looks like it is some kind of joke.

Just my opinion, but it looks completely fake. At least in design.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Iss it me or does this skull look like it has eye protection.. Goggles or something?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i agree with the above post, the skull does not look like any of the previous skulls. but the face sure looks like its trolling us lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The real crystal skulls have detachable jaws. That one is not one of the original 13 crystal skulls. Just an imitation.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It may be fake, but it does look like it is possibly Mayan, from my point of view. It is similar to the way they depicted figures in their artwork. At least I think it was the Mayans, but it could be another group of Central/S.Americans, but you probably see what I mean. Something that I found strange, which I cannot recall ever happening to me before, is when I first looked at the picture I had a really weird/strange feeling. It was probably just because the thing is slightly scary, but I found it strange since things like that don't usually happen to me.

It's weird how the guy got this skull too, which would lead me to think it is probably not authentic, but simply a piece of art from a later time period. Probably not even a forgery attempt, since as many of you have noted, it is dissimilar to any of the other crystal skulls. But ya never know.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I agree - looks like a fake. the shape of the eyes and teeth are all wrong in comparison to the other crystal skulls.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Anyone want to post pics of all these other crystal skulls? As far as I know only 1 with a detachable jaw has been found

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If someone has enough cash I'll start on getting them a crystal skull tomorrow.

Cash on delivery and one crystal skull is yours.

Treasure hunting for the win!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There are absolutely more than 13 crystal skulls out there and not all are supposed to replicate the human skull precisely. Some actually appear to be other worldly. They are said to be the keepers of human history.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^ yep according to cayce and atlantean myth their was a hundred of them. all with diffrent functions brought together for the same purpose

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
One thing that stuck out for me was, on one picture (second skull) of the skull, was what looks like the sutures? - the hairline gaps left when the different plates of a skull semi fuse.
Do these match human or ape skulls?

Just asking.
edit on 28/6/2011 by Nazirite because: adding in brackets

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nazirite
One thing that stuck out for me was, on one picture (second skull) of the skull, was what looks like the sutures? - the hairline gaps left when the different plates of a skull semi fuse.
Do these match human or ape skulls?

Nope... That's just a pyrite inclusion in the original quartz matrix.

And yes, it's a fake. Cayce never said anything about 100 crystal skulls... someone made that one up, too (and others didn't check.) Someone linked the idea of crystals and Atlantis with Cayce and from there they made a connection of "crystals = crystal skull."
edit on 28-6-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
"an astonishing find at a flea market"...

Darn!,.. if only it was found at a department store like in that movie "Vice Versa" with Judge Reinhold...

The secrets of the universe are destined to be discovered at a flea market!!!

Yeah Baby!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just another piece of crystal tooled into the shape of a skull by some Europeans, just like all of the "13 crystal skulls". Looks like quality control slipped up a bit.

I'm sure you can get better ones in China than this.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Yeah I was gonna say, "hay, I think I read about this already on here. Yeah a crystal skull from Germany", and I almost went got the link, but then I read your post

So this is a new crystal skull that wasn't found in the attic of a dead Nazi?

S&F nice find!
edit on 29-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks for clarifying. The skull carving does not look particularly sophisticated to me, relative to some of the others I have seen.
I didn't realize the crystal skulls and the Cayce crystals had been lumped together to mean the same thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

i have fond that no matter what you put on this site
you will always get debunked by some
i think its a good find but not sure what they are for

starflag of me

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A very exciting find!

It still doesnt quite compare to the Mitchell Heges Crystal skull though

"•Except for some very slight anomalies in the temples and cheekbones, the skull is an anatomically correct replica of a human female skull.

•During 1970’s one of the tests on the skull involved submerging it into a glass chamber containing benzyl alcohol of exactly the same density and refractive index as pure quartz – Once submerged, the skull became invisible – proving that it was created from the most pure type of natural rock quartz crystal. Polarized light directed at the skull indicated vague shadows or “veils” which confirms that the crystal is of natural origin - and not manufactured crystal.

•Hewlett Packard’s testing of the skull in the 1970’s confirmed that, bizarrely, the skull had been carved against the natural axis of the crystal. Modern crystal sculptors take into account of the axis or orientation of the crystals molecular symmetry, because, even with the benefit of modern hi-tech cutting equipment (including lasers), to carve “against the grain” causes the piece to shatter.

•Hewlett Packard could find no microscopic scratches on the crystal – thus they concluded that the skull had not been carved using metal instruments – However, the recent scientific examinations of the skull by a team including Margaret Sax, from the British Museum in London, and Professor Ian Freestone, from Cardiff University, after use of an electron microscope on the skull, found evidence of two microscopic scratches in the surface of the skull (which frankly, could have happened at any point after manufacture) which led them to conclude that the skull was carved by basic dentistry tools! Ian Freestone is aware that his conclusions have been called into question – and has stated:- "Stone is one of the hardest materials to date, that is why it has been an open question for so long. It's still not definitively solved and it will never be. If you see this skull in bright light it is fairly impressive - whatever your views about its origin. Most people who have encountered it do say it has made an impression."

Source www.mysterywatch.co.uk...#/crystal-skull/4552080588

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Though I'm definitely no expert on skulls no matter if they are made of crystal or bone, this thing looks awfully fake... It looks more like comic book version of a cs. No comparison to the recognized ones...

And btw in Berlin it didn't make the news... I live here and it would be something you would expect if a genuine skull belonging to Bode would have been found... At least no sign of it in the msm... The fringe science news were reporting on it though...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join