It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Cops busted for murder of teen girl in NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

BREAKING: Cops busted for murder of teen girl in NY

stationsixunderground.blogspot.com

Info is very sketchy, but it appears that two officers from the Hyde Park, NY police department have just been arrested for the murder of Katie Filiberti. One officer is said to be a former acting Chief of the upstate Department.

More info to follow.

Background info here...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am beside myself what to write here. I am intimately involved in this case. Please forgive my lack of commentary at the moment.

This is a very new breaking news piece surrounding the death of a teen girl who was found dead in a town park after St Patricks Day and made national attention.

Most folks in town assumed it was her boyfriend all along, especially gien the local media spotlight in the last year on domestic violence murders in the county. In one such incident, a City of Poughkeepsie police officer was murdered.

stationsixunderground.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Well, isnt that a kick in the butt.

Im looking forward to your updates.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Wow, I used to go to poughkeepsie all the time to see bands play at the chance. The story in the journal seems to have been removed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This was looking like a cold case, but I said all along that a cop did it.

The one thing that really stuck in my mind was that they would not even confirm that it was indeed a homicide.

In other local news that made brief national attention, a woman was found dead and on fire in James Baird State Park. Her boyfriend was located in Virginia, led police on a chase, and shot himself.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Edited: Sorry, misread your post. I thought you had said that the girl that was killed by the police officer, her boyfriend killed himself after a chase. My mistake, sorry.
edit on 27-6-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
WOW, this is breaking. I really wish someone was doing a videotape of this situation like the girl who videotaped in another part of NY. I'm gonna keep following this story. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Edited: Sorry, misread your post. I thought you had said that the girl that was killed by the police officer, her boyfriend killed himself after a chase. My mistake, sorry.
edit on 27-6-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to two different local cases here in Dutchess County.

The Filiberti case is in the links.

The other case is newer and was quickly solved.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
WOW, this is breaking. I really wish someone was doing a videotape of this situation like the girl who videotaped in another part of NY. I'm gonna keep following this story. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

I can't say what I hope.

But I will say this much, I am against capital punishment... by the state.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Headline from March:

Police find clues, but remain silent in Filiberti case

Perhaps this was the reason for their silence?

source
edit on 27-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to two different local cases here in Dutchess County.

The Filiberti case is in the links.

The other case is newer and was quickly solved.

You wrote it fine, sorry for the confusion. My bad

I lived on the boarder of Dutchess County most of my life, right over the boarder in CT- in Danbury, I am sorry you are close to the story. But thank you for sharing some information regarding it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So CC,the on again,off again boyfriend might have been telling the truth,that he had NOTHING to do with it? I heard about this story,and was wondering what happened. It wouldnt surprise me if the police were somehow involved. NY has a few unsolved murders,and they have been pointing at maybe Law enforcement,or Ex Law enforcement.......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Im wondering if it was a ballistics match. If it was a gun killing and then the bullet was traced to back to a state owned weapon. That would be crazy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I live in Ulster Co right on the other side of the river and I am sickened to say that I never knew about this. I don't ever remember talking to my fiance about this case. Usually we scan through the Times Herald Record every morning. It is a horrifying story. She was a beautiful girl and had an entire life ahead of her. Sorry to her parents and friends for her loss.

This cop(s) should be castrated then hung bound and quartered.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Remember back in the 80's "everyone loves NY, the big apple" ig uess no more these days hugh? its more like AVOID NY, mostly becasue of the cops!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Please provide a source that shows an officer was arrested for her murder please. A link to a website thats says skethy information with nothing to back it is "sketchy" in and of itself. If an officer was arrested, just like any other citizen, there will be a PC statement filed and it should be accessible as a public record once the arrest is made.

If someone in that area wants to check with the sheriffs office or whatever agency maintains the jails. Also, check surrounding jurisdictions as well. Usually if an officer is arrested, they will move that person to a differnet jurisdiction to avoid any possibility of conflict of interest.

Also, is this linked to all the bodies being found near NYC? Im not sure where this area is, and am wondering if the cases are related.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am also a local and chose to sign up to see how this story develops.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Please provide a source that shows an officer was arrested for her murder please. A link to a website thats says skethy information with nothing to back it is "sketchy" in and of itself. If an officer was arrested, just like any other citizen, there will be a PC statement filed and it should be accessible as a public record once the arrest is made.

If someone in that area wants to check with the sheriffs office or whatever agency maintains the jails. Also, check surrounding jurisdictions as well. Usually if an officer is arrested, they will move that person to a differnet jurisdiction to avoid any possibility of conflict of interest.

Also, is this linked to all the bodies being found near NYC? Im not sure where this area is, and am wondering if the cases are related.

No known ties to other regional murders.

I am also a local, and though the story has not broken in the MSM, you can expect it in the morning, maybe a day later if the attorneys hamper the news.

Do you have a link to current inmate info on the local jail? Usually it takes about 48 hours to be updated with the link I have.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Im wondering if it was a ballistics match. If it was a gun killing and then the bullet was traced to back to a state owned weapon. That would be crazy.

They used a knife.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I am extremely curious as to whether or not the State and the FBI have investigated this and possibly tied them to the Long Island bodies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join