It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common chemical makes male mice female-ish

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I wonder if BPA can be linked to the increase in homosexuality.

All desires, attractions, thoughts, actions, etc. are controlled by the brain. I can certainly see how a drug, chemical, or some type of change of the human brain could cause homosexuality.

-edit to add-

Wow, I just did a few google searches and already found other people who suggest there might be a link between rising BPA levels and homosexuality. I think there really is something to that..
edit on 27-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Yes, a very interesting phenomenon. Easy to believe. What if it's been done on purpose?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

See, thats why I was totally serious about the chicks digging skinny white dudes (cause the homosexuality topic is lame, most of the gay guys I know are buff)
seems like the perfect reason for the rise in Goth type Emos (and I was digging that look in the 80's, way before they labeled it Goth or Emo)

Maybe some females are less threatened by Goth type Emos. Aren't Goth type Emos supposed to be more sensitive and less violent?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1

Absolutely not. And there's nothing which can make someone HETEROSEXUAL, either. You are BORN with your orientation, no matter what the bigots & eugenics proponents want us to believe.

Says who? Where's the scientific proof that homosexuality is genetic? Have they isolated the "Gay Gene"?

True, there are some people who are born hermaphroditic, or insufficiently developed (Truman Capote immediately comes to mind), but generally that's considered the result of hormonal imbalances.

Most homosexuality appears to be the result of nurture (environmental factors), not nature.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Its funny how everyone got into the argument of homosexuality. Does the article even mention the word? No. It says that they acted female-ish. Which means what exactly? The article doesnt say.
Yes, it does say what it means to behave more like females.

Males have the ability to navigate the maze to seek mates, females lack that ability as they don't seek mates, and the exposed males act more like females in that they lack the ability to navigate the maze, and also to paraphrase the article, act sort of "ditzy", which apparently is ok for the females but the females don't like that in a male.

I researched this before from a neutral point of view and all I could find that didn't seem to be too biased one way or another is that it "needs more research", and that in fact the FDA is investigating:

www.fda.gov...

FDA’s Studies. FDA’s National Center for Toxicological Research is pursuing a set of studies on the safety of low doses of BPA, including assessment of the novel endpoints where concerns have been raised. These include studies pursued in collaboration with the National Toxicology Program and with support and input from the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences. Depending on the results, each could influence regulatory decisions about BPA....

Interim Public Health Recommendations

At this interim stage, FDA supports reasonable steps to reduce exposure of infants to BPA in the food supply. In addition, FDA will work with industry to support and evaluate manufacturing practices and alternative substances that could reduce exposure to other populations.

Given that these are preliminary steps being taken as a precaution, it is important that no harmful changes be made in food packaging or consumption, whether by industry or consumers, that could jeopardize either food safety or reduce access to and intake of food needed to provide good nutrition, particularly for infants.

Infants. Infants are a potentially sensitive population for BPA because (1) their neurological and endocrine systems are developing; and (2) their hepatic system for detoxification and elimination of such substances as BPA is immature.

* FDA is supporting the industry’s actions to stop producing BPA-containing bottles and infant feeding cups for the U.S. market....

* FDA is facilitating the development of alternatives to BPA for the linings of infant formula cans. ...

Other Populations. With respect to uses of BPA in packaging of food intended for other populations, FDA will support changes in food can linings and manufacturing to replace BPA or minimize BPA levels where the changes can be accomplished while still protecting food safety and quality.
So in other words, FDA is saying take it out of infant stuff now, and for the rest of the population, if you've got something safer, use it. The question is, what is safer to replace it in the applications that I see it in most often, which is can linings? If they leave it out, I suspect we might be at even greater risk from toxicity of the metals used in the can, which I think is one of the reasons they started using BPA in the first place.

Also, while the BPA site is biased, they calculate that total exposure to BPA is more than 400 times lower than the reference dose, and it's apparently something like the reference dose that was used in the mice in the study:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

When the dietary intake of BPA from can coatings is combined with other sources of dietary exposure to BPA, the total dietary intake of BPA (

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by AverageJoe1

So a mother who's body is contaminated with BPA cannot produce a child affected in the manner suggested, thus being "born that way" ??

Additionally, chemicals can change people after they are born also. The theory that BPA can effect the offspring both before and after birth are sound.

The 20th century was the first plastic age, more specifically, the later half. History has always had homosexuals, but it doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it has been from the mid 20th century to now.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

I contend it's no accident that homosexuality is more prevalent now than it has been in the past. Homosexuality is being promoted.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
What is even more disturbing I find , in case anyone had missed, is the WHO voted to not impose bans on the chemical.
Must of had some big industry behind that one ...

Who votes not to Ban
edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

Excellent find. What if it's not just money for the industry behind it?

Effeminate "girly" men are easier to control than testosterone-filled bully boys. Normal females are not interested in breeding with effeminate males.

I see a Win-Win for the Global Elite: a male populace that is more easily lead, depopulation by decreasing the number of sexually attractive males, and continued profits for the industry that produces contaminated plastics.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This really is nothing new. BPA along with Aspartame, Fluoride and MSG are all toxic chemicals that need to be removed from our daily life. However, when profit comes into play along with the ability to more easily control the population, you can and will be poisoned by the people with power.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

What is even more disturbing I find , in case anyone had missed, is the WHO voted to not impose bans on the chemical.
Must of had some big industry behind that one ...

Who votes not to Ban
edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

Excellent find. What if it's not just money for the industry behind it?

Effeminate "girly" men are easier to control than testosterone-filled bully boys. Normal females are not interested in breeding with effeminate males.

I see a Win-Win for the Global Elite: a male populace that is more easily lead, depopulation by decreasing the number of sexually attractive males, and continued profits for the industry that produces contaminated plastics.

The exact reason I posted this in the first place... another example of TPTB manipulating and destroying the human spirit..
edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: messed up vb code

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is really sad sutff and I hope further research is done to clarify the issue. Because there is not an easily noticable source of cashflow in such reasearch it might not get done though.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Almost everything these days is making the whole world more feminine, not even just humans: Soy Oil & Soybeans, and pretty much everything soy is feminizing. Plastics. Pollution in our air and water. Household cleaners. Laundry detergent and fabric softener. Carpet cleaner. Pesticides & herbicides. Fertilizer on our lawns, and everywhere else. Tiny particles released from the printer when printing paper. Ink itself when touched & handled absorbs into the skin causing feminization. Every one of these and more contain phytoestrogens which is making the whole world more feminine, not just humans.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Is BPA found in a drink called a Cosmopolitan?

If so, I have already observed its effects on a creature called a 'metrosexual'.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If you have city water it's full of estrogen from women taking birth control pills and pissing it out.

Most of the population has been poisoned by this and phyto-estrogens. In my opinion the whole "gay is normal" campaign is partly motivated by a desire to hide the truth... that in many cases homosexuality is an "injury" caused by this poisoning.
edit on 28-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

If you have city water it's full of estrogen from women taking birth control pills and pissing it out.

Full? what ratio would you suggest? PPM..... ?

maybe something to back that up would help heaps...

cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

cheers
I did find this....

Rabbits food brings luck in decreasing estrogen levels in waste water

And this:

Occurence of Estrogen in waste water treatment plants
edit on 28-6-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

cheers
I did find this....

Rabbits food brings luck in decreasing estrogen levels in waste water

And this:

Occurence of Estrogen in waste water treatment plants
edit on 28-6-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

Thanks for this. I applaude you if there was a way. This is what the power of colaboration can do in a positive way.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
FYI,

Canada has listed BPA as toxic.

Who cares what WHO says?

BPA Declared Toxic

Edit to add:

From my own personal experience. My family doctor told us to avoid BPA as much as possible due to it affecting male growth and development (male specific organs). He stated that it could have very adverse effects on them throughout their lives....no mention of increased homosexuality. Just his opinion, no studies.
edit on 28-6-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

thanks for this. Adds more fuel to the claims of a cover up by big companies and adds to the argument in a great way

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

One way to subjugate a population is to gradually effeminize the male population.
This tactic has been used successfully a number of times throughout history by conquerers.
Take a look at the younger male generation in Japan these days as an extreme example.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
That would explain why so many guys I know these days have the same emotional volatility and cattiness of PMSing women.

I have read studies suggesting that the consumption of soy in adolescent males can attribute to this as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
This really is nothing new. BPA along with Aspartame, Fluoride and MSG are all toxic chemicals that need to be removed from our daily life. However, when profit comes into play along with the ability to more easily control the population, you can and will be poisoned by the people with power.
That's a meaningless statement without citing at what levels of exposure they are considered toxic. Virtually everything is toxic in high enough doses, so the dose matters, which admittedly is a poorly understood concept.

The Dose Makes the Poison

A substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within your body in a sufficient concentration (a high enough dose). The toxic effect of a substance increases as the exposure (or dose) to the susceptible biological system increases. For all chemicals there is a dose response curve, or a range of doses that result in a graded effect between the extremes of no effect and 100% response (toxic effect). All chemical substances will exhibit a toxic effect given a large enough dose. If the dose is low enough even a highly toxic substance will cease to cause a harmful effect. The toxic potency of a chemical is thus ultimately defined by the dose (the amount) of the chemical that will produce a specific response in a specific biological system.
If you drink enough water, that can have toxic effects, should water also be banned? Water is not harmful and is even helpful in low enough doses, it is only toxic in extremely high doses.

Swallowing an apple seed or two a day probably isn't harmful even though the seeds contain poisonous arsenic. Swallow enough apple seeds and eventually toxic effects occur from the arsenic. The dose matters.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join