It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common chemical makes male mice female-ish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

www.news.com.au

MALE mice who were exposed as babies to BPA, a chemical common in canned foods and plastic containers, act more like females and are seen as less desirable mates, a US study shows.

The findings could have implications for how BPA, or Bisphenol A, may affect human development and behaviour, said the study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Common chemical in plastics BPA used since the 60's.
Affecting male mice and the ability to secure a mate?
Is this why there is so much conflict amongst genders?Is this why there is so much confusion between gender roles? If it is to be suggested, women do not like men who are weaned or exposed in early feotus development to BPA.

How much plastic do you currently have in your life? How much do you ingest? Is there a relationship between plastic exposure and satisfied sex life?

How long have TPTB known about this and is it all part of deconstructing civility and social harmony?

WHO votes BPA is safe for consumption 2010

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Common chemical in plastics BPA used since the 60's.
Affecting male mice and the ability to secure a mate?
Is this why there is so much conflict amongst genders?Is this why there is so much confusion between gender roles? If it is to be suggested, women do not like men who are weaned or exposed in early feotus development to BPA.

How long have TPTB known about this and is it all part of deconstructing civility and social harmony?

Sounds like a bunch of bull# to me. After all, not only do they like fearmongering which makes REAL whistleblowers look bad, such as this, but I should also point out how much they've been trying preserve, that's right, PRESERVE, 'traditional' strict gender roles instead of letting people think & choose for themselves That's how it really works.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That would explain why so many guys I know these days have the same emotional volatility and cattiness of PMSing women.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I wonder if BPA can be linked to the increase in homosexuality.

All desires, attractions, thoughts, actions, etc. are controlled by the brain. I can certainly see how a drug, chemical, or some type of change of the human brain could cause homosexuality.

-edit to add-

Wow, I just did a few google searches and already found other people who suggest there might be a link between rising BPA levels and homosexuality. I think there really is something to that..
edit on 27-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
can they link BPA to the increase in females digging on pale skinny white guys?

that would be a perfect balance wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You can't pull that BS, Homosexuality has been around since the 1700s and before! The Romans for one, there was no BPA then.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sigh.. This is going to start another round of gender wars eventually. Not that I think you meant it to, OP.

On topic, though, plastic is everywhere in our society. If they do eventually find the same distortion in humans as they did in mice because of this chemical I would not be surprised. It boggles my mind we never fully test anything until damage has already been done. Sometimes the knowledge is there, and nothing is done and it's hidden away to prevent any alarm.

Nice find, thanks for sharing it. Will be interesting to see the results of any further study.. If we are able to at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You can't pull that BS, Homosexuality has been around since the 1700s and before! The Romans for one, there was no BPA then.

See, thats why I was totally serious about the chicks digging skinny white dudes (cause the homosexuality topic is lame, most of the gay guys I know are buff)
seems like the perfect reason for the rise in Goth type Emos (and I was digging that look in the 80's, way before they labeled it Goth or Emo)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I wonder if BPA can be linked to the increase in homosexuality.

All desires, attractions, thoughts, actions, etc. are controlled by the brain. I can certainly see how a drug, chemical, or some type of change of the human brain could cause homosexuality.

-edit to add-

Wow, I just did a few google searches and already found other people who suggest there might be a link between rising BPA levels and homosexuality. I think there really is something to that..
edit on 27-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Absolutely not. And there's nothing which can make someone HETEROSEXUAL, either. You are BORN with your orientation, no matter what the bigots & eugenics proponents want us to believe.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1

So a mother who's body is contaminated with BPA cannot produce a child affected in the manner suggested, thus being "born that way" ??

Additionally, chemicals can change people after they are born also. The theory that BPA can effect the offspring both before and after birth are sound.

The 20th century was the first plastic age, more specifically, the later half. History has always had homosexuals, but it doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it has been from the mid 20th century to now.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Actually, what you just said is very illogical.

The brain must have a certain structure, or operate a certain way, for homosexuality to exist. There are probably many drugs, chemicals, and or physical things that could change the structure of the brain so that it becomes homosexual. BPA may not be the only cause of homosexuality in existence.

The brain could naturally form to have this homosexual structure... or chemicals, drugs, or other physical things could change the brain to have this homosexual structure.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1
Absolutely not. And there's nothing which can make someone HETEROSEXUAL, either. You are BORN with your orientation, no matter what the bigots & eugenics proponents want us to believe.

You are absolutely wrong. Your "orientation" is determined by the structure and means of operation of your brain. Your brain is constantly changing... The human brain changes over time, and there are many chemicals, drugs, diseases, and other physical and psychological things that can change the way the brain operates. Anything that can change the way the brain operates can theoretically change the "orientation" of someone from heterosexual to homosexual or vice versa.

That is undeniable.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Has BPA ever been found in ciggarrettes? thats a good question!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Its funny how everyone got into the argument of homosexuality. Does the article even mention the word? No. It says that they acted female-ish. Which means what exactly? The article doesnt say. It says that the females prefered non-treated males - which has nothing to do with treated males being "gay" themselves. In fact they seemed confused, which is pretty much what all humans are too. Not running around with intent and purpose.

The chemistry of the mice brains where no doubt disrupted by the chemicals, but it only seems to indicate that they spawned an inferior breeder that females didnt want. Which proves what exactly?

Oh that's right: The desire to procreate. Which doesnt really have anything to do with homosexuality by definition.

Sidenote: I would even say that it proves how the opposite sex pushes the other by their impression of how it should be. I mean really, if you're a male and this hot, sexy supermodel walked in the door next to a mountain of beefy muscles twice-your-size female wrestler that can lift you up with one arm... Who would you choose? Or would you whisper... "I'm sure that wrestler girl likes other girls, that would be so hot!".
edit on 28-6-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by AverageJoe1

So a mother who's body is contaminated with BPA cannot produce a child affected in the manner suggested, thus being "born that way" ??

Additionally, chemicals can change people after they are born also. The theory that BPA can effect the offspring both before and after birth are sound.

The 20th century was the first plastic age, more specifically, the later half. History has always had homosexuals, but it doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it has been from the mid 20th century to now.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

I'm all for real whistleblowing, on chemical poisoning or any other unfortunate problem, but to connect this with homosexuality is playing right into the hands of the elite............remember the eugenicists of old; they would've been delighted to find any excuse to get rid of certain types of people.

And as for the comment about the mother? That has NOTHING to do with her childhood brain development! Perhaps BPA may damage the reproductive system, but............
edit on 28-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

You are absolutely wrong. Your "orientation" is determined by the structure and means of operation of your brain. Your brain is constantly changing... The human brain changes over time, and there are many chemicals, drugs, diseases, and other physical and psychological things that can change the way the brain operates. Anything that can change the way the brain operates can theoretically change the "orientation" of someone from heterosexual to homosexual or vice versa.

That is undeniable.

Yes, the human brain changes. and it's not to say that other sexual factors can't be influenced by development; in fact, studies have shown that some abused children can potentially develop some serious sexual sadism issues. But the orientation is there from birth, just like your gender. It can be hidden, and it can be suppressed, but it'll always be there. Always was.

The fact is, there are people out there hijacking REAL whistleblowing for their own sinister agendas. And this certainly seems like one of these cases.........with no available evidence to the contrary! There have been forces that have used science in general to cloak malevolent agendas. One only needs to look at the eugenicists of old; people such as Madison Grant and William Gayley Simpson, etc. longed for a pseudo-paradise, in which not only certain people would be placed above all others, but even that anyone who didn't fit into their worldview would not only be enslaved, but even destroyed.

edit on 28-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Its funny how everyone got into the argument of homosexuality. Does the article even mention the word? No. It says that they acted female-ish. Which means what exactly? The article doesnt say.

A male having a sexual attraction to another male seems pretty female-ish. It's not a stretch to see the connection.

Originally posted by AverageJoe1
I'm all for real whistleblowing, on chemical poisoning or any other unfortunate problem, but to connect this with homosexuality is playing right into the hands of the elite............remember the eugenicists of old; they would've been delighted to find any excuse to get rid of certain types of people.

We are not talking about the natural genetics of mankind, but toxic chemicals introduced and their effects on an individual. If you are suggesting getting rid of certain types of chemicals, then I am all for a ban on BPA in all aspects related food.

And as for the comment about the mother? That has NOTHING to do with her childhood brain development! Perhaps BPA may damage the reproductive system, but............

The chemicals inside a mother most certainly affect the physical development of the child within. Look up thalidomide.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What is even more disturbing I find , in case anyone had missed, is the WHO voted to not impose bans on the chemical.
Must of had some big industry behind that one ...

Who votes not to Ban
edit on 28-6-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I am currently feeding my baby son from a BPA free bottle in the hope that he turns out to be a gorilla!!

.... erm... I mean non girly man type thing! Not that I would mind if he didnt lol

*jokes* no but true tho... BPA free plastic in babies bottles is said to reduce colick (spelling?).. interesting now that it seems it also increases manhood?!?!?!

Good find good buddy!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Ignore the hisses from the peanut gallery. This is actually an interesting & important topic.

Now since this is a conspiracy site, what if this was known sixty years ago and done on purpose....

Seriously, I believe the "Gay Mafia" which rules the entertainment industry has done everything it can to promote male homosexuality. And of course, they have had help from other sectors of our society.

I have heard that some thought this might have something to do with over-population: that homosexuality is a natural response to an over-populated species. I don't know. It's an interesting thought.

Then again, if there's a conscious effort to promote an increase in homosexuality, there may be more sinister motives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join