It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX VIDEO: 100% proof that something is wrong. ANTARCTIC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Since Mawson is about 1º degree higher latitude than Davis and the Sun gets to 1º below the horizon at Davis it means that at Mawson it just barely makes it.

That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I've emailed a few people I know to see if there is anything to it...I may try to piece a thread together tomorrow if you haven't yet...

I can't believe how fast that got moved to the HOAX bin though...that was pretty quick...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the reply phage - I emailed my old astronomy professor...curious to see what she says...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

The time zone at Davis is UTC+7. The times are off by 7 hours. The webcam is actually showing UTC time, while the still image is showing local Davis time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have noticed that the sun is setting in a different place now, than previous years. I think its definately the beginning of the shift. I think the antartica video is a joke, but the second video has merit. Especially since newscasters are finally acknowleding what all of us have been noticing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Antarctic video is a hoax, however,

(2nd OP found vid)
We are in a polar shift, as the poles are moving as a faster rate then observed before....

This is according to according to NASA, also,

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades. Keeping track of the north magnetic pole is Newitt's job.

"We usually go out and check its location once every few years," he says. "We'll have to make more trips now that it is moving so quickly."

NASA- Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The location of the magnetic poles has nothing to do with sunrise or sunset times

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Magnetic poles can move 80kms a day

When that is taken in consideration 80km a year is nothing.

Oh and guess what direction the north magnetic pole is currently moving....back towards the geographic north pole.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Look at the Suns activity during it's pole shift and how it's activity get chaotic.

Then why would Earth be any different?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The sun has a pole shift on average every 11 years.

It's also a gigantic ball of gas.

There's no comparison to earth, besides what does this have to do with where it sets?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The location of the magnetic poles has nothing to do with sunrise or sunset times

Yes I know, wasn't talking about the sun

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I wasn't either.
The thread is about the Sunrise/set.
edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i appreciate that this image shows the sun rising through a crevice in some rocks, as it does every year, but this could be done simply by taking a step left or right to make it line up. Now im not saying that is what happened im just saying it's possible, therefore the image could be manipulated by the photographers position, meaning that image means nothing and is evidence of nothing

nice try though

edit on 28-6-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

hey Jeanius~
Is your avatar from a movie?
If it is what movie is it. That looks like it would scare the (snip) out of my wife.

She loves scary movies.
~ Thanks~

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by Phage

Also - unless I'm missing something the times don't match up with the "civil twilight" chart.

On the webcam daylight appears to begin around 3-4am and go through 8-9am...the civil twilight chart says around 11:20am - 4:20 pm (roughly) for the 25th, 26th, and 27th - so not even close

there is still light before and after civil twilight.

the exact definition of CT is when the sun us less than 6 degrees below the horizon - at those high latitudes the sun spends a lot of time just a little more than that - just like the CT time is greatly elongated, so is teh time before and after during which you can still get an appreciable amount of light - if not quite twilight/daylight levels.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

That's interesting. There was another thread that was talking about the sun not being in the same place anymore.
Here is the thread. He had a good story that seems even more interesting after seeing this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Here's a new related thread:

A WARNING From Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Arken
started on 7/8/2011 @ 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Arken
Seems real. And it is scary. The People from the great cold Arctic regions, says that the change is real. Absolutely real. Nothing in their environment is the same and in few years. Their ancient knowledge and experience in that chill lands confirm a terrible change in action.
An incoming Pole Shift?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join