It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX VIDEO: 100% proof that something is wrong. ANTARCTIC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can't find the video I saw the other day where Canadian natives were saying that they know for a fact the sun set up until a couple years ago set in front of a mountain, where it now sets.

He also follows the stars home from hunting seals and says the stars in the sky are different, he sees new constellations and can't see ones he use to.

The whole village agreed, if anyone can find that video, please post it.

Here's one about the other pole, the south pole.

Right now it should be in 24 hour darkness, as it is EVERY late June due to the Earth's tilt.

However, their live webcam CLEARLY shows the sun rising and setting and for at least 5 hours of sun each day, blue sky and all.

The Scientists have to know right?

Why are they hiding it???

This is the first time that's happened in recorded history, you'd think that'd make the news somewhere?!?

BIG THANKS to the member who found the north pole video. Inuits start speaking about half way through.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

ADMIN EDIT

The position of the base in the video will receive some sun at this time of year... as has been pointed out in the YouTube comments, and the linked comment on ATS.

edit on 27-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

So the Earth's axis is off, basically?

Something to do with the Japan quake?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Humm I can't wait to see what some of the more knowledgeable members make of this.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I was going to ask, how many degrees of a tilt would it take to make that sort of difference.

If I am not mistaken, I believe I have heard that the last few big quakes over the last few years have made adjustments to the rotation and axis.

Whether it be a sudden thing or cumulative changes over time it could explain a few things. Might even have something to do with our weather patterns across the planet.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 6/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
Humm I can't wait to see what some of the more knowledgeable members make of this.

Yeah I was watching the other thread, but I lost it now, still waiting to see what the roving genius has to say since I have no clue about the antarctic

I do know the earthquake (at least I read) that the Japan quake moved the axis by 4 inches, I don't know if that accounts for it or not....

gonna go see if I can dig up the other thread

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
what is the credibility of the video, I mean seems to me anyone could make this video very easily, unless you actually live in the arctic, whos to say, unless there is live streaming video available.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by Jeanius

So the Earth's axis is off, basically?

Something to do with the Japan quake?

That's what I was thinking too. I found this

www.nasa.gov...

The calculations also show the Japan quake should have shifted the position of Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that.

In comparison, following last year's magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Gross estimated the Chile quake should have shortened the length of day by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches). A similar calculation performed after the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake revealed it should have shortened the length of day by 6.8 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 7 centimeters, or 2.76 inches. How an individual earthquake affects Earth's rotation depends on its size (magnitude), location and the details of how the fault slipped.

Gross said that, in theory, anything that redistributes Earth's mass will change Earth's rotation.

Maybe there have been other events that have contributed? I don't know how much we would have to shift for it to be noticeable.
Maybe that would partly depend on where you're situated in the world when noticing the differences?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

This might be the video you're looking for:

And here is something else for your consideration:

Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change
www.isuma.tv...

starred and flagged.

edit on 6/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

link   
I find it more suspicious that Phage removed his post

I couldn't find the other thread, stupid me culled my subscriptions today and it must've gotten axed - I can't even remember what forum it was in

link   

Originally posted by Phage

What'd Phage say?

Why's it gone now?

That's who I wanted an answer from!

The one who has all the answers!

Now I'm scared.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

He said, "you do know it's winter there". Or something of the sort. I was scratching my head about this, so I went and made coffee.
edit on 27-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That's the one I was looking for!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

You're quite welcome. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Originally posted by Phage

What'd Phage say?

Why's it gone now?

That's who I wanted an answer from!

The one who has all the answers!

Now I'm scared.

My guess is he said something to dismiss to op got a star while doing a little looking in to it and was like oh # this has some truth to it and removed his post..

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Jeanius

He said, "you do know it's winter there". Or something of the sort. I was scratching my head about this, so I went and made coffee.
edit on 27-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Lmao who thought that was a good post.. Just goes to show even ats has people that don't think for themselves
edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Links are all down to the live webcams operated by NOAA.

www.webcamgalore.com...

EDIT:

It appears Austrailia operated one ath southpole then NOAA...

www.phys.unsw.edu.au...
edit on 27-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If the constellations seen above is already different, then it is not only caused by the earthquakes. The logical explanation is that earth is now traveling in a different part of the galaxy and that is why the view from above already changed. A few degree tilt because of the earthquakes will not completely change the view of the sky.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Australia's Mawson Station time lapse has a sunrise:

www.antarctica.gov.au...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
According to Stellarium, right now that location (S 70 35 W 7 51) is supposed to be having 5 hours of sunlight from roughly 5am to 10am. Note it's not quite the south pole, but at 70 degrees.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
If the constellations seen above is already different, then it is not only caused by the earthquakes. The logical explanation is that earth is now traveling in a different part of the galaxy and that is why the view from above already changed. A few degree tilt because of the earthquakes will not completely change the view of the sky.

I don't think he said it was a "complete" change, just "different"...

where are our astronomers on this :|

someone mention Elenin, maybe that'll magnetize them to this thread

oh there, I said it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join