It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just a quick question really, I've been searching this sight for just over a year now, and I look at a wide range of topics.

In many of the topics we deal with sensative issues a lot of the time, discussing other countries, races and backgrounds.

I find that in many threads it is a one sided discussion in the sense that any country/race that is in question is mainly being discussed by people who dont generally originate from there. Except Americans discussing their home affairs ( I guess thats because its an American owned site)

Examples: ATS currently discussing the Isreal/Pali turmoil....Im yet to hear off someone this matter is more closely related to (such as a Isreali/Pali)

We discuss many things concerning Muslims and the Middle East, yet I've hardly heard the opinions on the subject from any Muslims.

Thats just my personal exsperience here so far...

but now I am curious to know how diverse ATS really is.
Are there any stats on how many visits it gets from other countries?

I'd love to talk to various different peoples on ATS...

edit on 27-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ATS STATS

You can start here. I am sure you can find other stats from other providers if needed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ats has more views then social interaction. Always has.. It is more psychological in its premise then anything else. Many schools of thought exist in this World and ats or the internet itself when you place channels of communication availability from one point to another. Also considering all in all its a two dimensional form of communication, it just cannot relay enough information for anything much closer then debates. I call this the conscientiousness of humanity.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey!
Next time your browsing a thread if you scroll to the bottom of the page- there's an Info column
with Site Statistics, it's all in there!

ATS is pretty diverse, I think from what I've gathered there's a large contingent of US users, UK, European and Australians, Canadians and South Africans too!
So many others!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

My thoughts exactly. See here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was interested in worldwide demographics myself. You may be interested in a particular region.

Maybe your Middle East comment was just an example to emphasize your point?

I was also interested in language translation tools,(Babelfish,etc.) and what, if any, The ATS Rulers

might use or prefer. Nice to think that I am not an oddball concerning this matter. Plan ahead right?

S&F to You
edit on 27-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NormalcyBias

That helps us all. Thanks for directing us to the pertinent info.

Rather dry and not exactly summer reading, but this is cool stuff and forward thinking.

So cheers to you all because that is the ATS think tank running like a Maserati.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

this is american, i thought it was british. there is no way USA would allow such website, now i know there is something fishy going on

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

In a similar vein I've often wondered where people are posting from but often their sidebar avatar area does not mention. I think it helps to get a better idea of where someone is coming from...if you know where they come from.

Obviously different people have different comfort levels with what they will share. I don't feel I am placing myself in dire straights by listing my location country & state.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, glad that Im not the only one that wondered this...I'll check those links and the stats now thanks

I do like knowing where everyone posts from...it adds context and perspective I think, but not every member likes to disclose that info...

edit on 28-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join