It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Turkey tells West it might launch offensive against Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
LOL-no this is no different trust me. Ive been seeing "WW3 is around the corner" threads for a LONG time.

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Even if one is Skeptical about 'WWIII' one must fail to deny the escalation that has commenced,

Hypothetically they do issue 'Attacks' would Iran truly commence their own in aid of Syria?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

First of all, both of these country's have so much dissent if they went into a war, with another country they would lose.. Period. Unrest would prevail.. Only way Iran, has a chance to do anything is if and a big if, it get nukes, and enough to really put a hurtin on whoever they wanted to hurt. The paradox, in this equation thou is what would tempt them to do so would be their faith, thinking they did something really big before well, of course the death of their country and themselves. Their is no way Syria, and Iran, can be in a war and control their people and actively "INVADE" and hold ground. So maybe their is some logic, to this story, maybe.... I think Iran, will be a pawn if anything for a bigger country with world domination on the agenda.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wont happen. Watch-i promise. The demonstartions in Syria will begin to de-escalate, and soon. No threat of war here. Im ALWAYS 100% when it comes to these things-or i have been thus far anyway.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh yeah-looks like someone was "dispatched" to Syria today to calm things down. Telling ya, this will NOT spiral:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Wont happen. Watch-i promise. The demonstartions in Syria will begin to de-escalate, and soon. No threat of war here. Im ALWAYS 100% when it comes to these things-or i have been thus far anyway.

So the Syrian people are just gonna stop protesting? Is that what you mean by "de-escalate"? They are just gonna relise that their protesting isn't working so they give up?

Not going to happen, the only way It will de-escalate Is If they are all killed off, which again will not happen.
Syria Is on the cards to be taken over, we all know It, the Chest pieces are nearly In place and like said before they are being cornered to attack first, TPTB have to play this very delicately to win over public support.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
For one its "Chess pieces" NOT "Chest pieces". The game is called CHESS not chest.

OK LOL anyway- it will de-escalate as far as the demonstrations WILL die down as the gov't starts to proimes and show (little by little) reforms. Dont believe me? Watch. I'll be back here to remind everyone-as i always have to do on these threads.

Originally posted by Zakka

So the Syrian people are just gonna stop protesting? Is that what you mean by "de-escalate"? They are just gonna relise that their protesting isn't working so they give up?

Not going to happen, the only way It will de-escalate Is If they are all killed off, which again will not happen.
Syria Is on the cards to be taken over, we all know It, the Chest pieces are nearly In place and like said before they are being cornered to attack first, TPTB have to play this very delicately to win over public support.

edit on 27-6-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Right! I totally forgot about your 100% batting average when it comes to predicting the future. What was I thinking? I'll remember to check with you next time, since you are consistently correct 100% of the time. That'll come in handy. Good deal. Right. Love it. Great.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I am amazed at how or why an announcement like that would be in the media... Nothing like telling everyone in the room including the person your about to fight him an hour ahead of time..

Whatever.... Any strategical mind would never announce to the world, especially if that is what they did for a living..

I mean come on...

You are missing an important aspect here. If this were a true tactical military action, we would be hearing about it after it happened. Being a political war...well.....no one ever accused politicians of being very smart.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Thank you for my spelling mistake correction, why you would point that out when you knew what I meant seem's petty but I will let It slide.

As far as your'e "Reforms" go, What reforms do you actually think will stop the protesting? They want him removed from office, end of story.
And even If the reforms worked, Syria Is on the cards to be taken down, so the MSM will just exaggerate that protesting anyway. There Is no way out or around this, Syria will fall, soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by Bicent76
I am amazed at how or why an announcement like that would be in the media... Nothing like telling everyone in the room including the person your about to fight him an hour ahead of time..

Whatever.... Any strategical mind would never announce to the world, especially if that is what they did for a living..

I mean come on...

You are missing an important aspect here. If this were a true tactical military action, we would be hearing about it after it happened. Being a political war...well.....no one ever accused politicians of being very smart.

Doe's no one remember allied deception operations leading up to D-Day? Operation Fortitude
and Operation Bodyguard? 2 beautiful operations that help lead to the success to Operation Overlord.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

good point.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Personally I like the work of groups like MI9.. Operation Barclay (and operation mincemeat) are perhaps the ones I find most interesting..

I have wondered for a while how the Syrians take the RAF training in the Jordanian desert. Can't be comfortable being surrounded the way they are..
edit on 28/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pretty quiet over there today. Still havent seen anything of substance.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Even if one is Skeptical about 'WWIII' one must fail to deny the escalation that has commenced,

Hypothetically they do issue 'Attacks' would Iran truly commence their own in aid of Syria?

A resounding no on this question. Look at the position Iran holds currently. They have a reasonably stable government and populace, they are economically not as bad as some other places, and they are thought to be close to having a nuclear weapon.

They are in a position to become the leading force in the middle east and they won't risk that by going to war over something that has very little benefit to them. Once they engage in conflict it opens them up to attack which i'm sure would be taken advantage of by the western powers and Israel.

They also know that they stand no chance of winning so I don't see them doing anything more than speaking loudly against the action or supplying aid. Full conflict from Iran I think is unlikely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join